Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touchdown

Cyberpunk 2077 [first-person RPG]

Climbing and vaulting and is fun, specially with the double jump upgrade, wish they didn't have to cut wallrunning, they should bring it back in an expansion or something, satisfies a bit of my Titanfall 3 itch lol

20201221121355-1.jpg

20201221125739-1.jpg

20201221142747-1.jpg

Edited by sluggard

On 12/20/2020 at 7:26 AM, lakersforce said:

It is bad enough, that the game is a mess, on what is supposed to be the gold standard (playstation 4 and Xbox One), what really worries me, is that reviewers has expressed confusion about what the game is actually trying to say. CDPR has always been hailed for their writing, but this ones getting flack for having downright bad writing.

After getting to one of the main quest endings, I wouldn't say the writing is 'bad'. It's cheesy and cringe-worthy at times, but still good in a summer blockbuster sort of way.

However, in a "new insights into questions about cybernetics and uploading consciousness into computers" I think it came up disappointingly short. They even did a Kurzgesagt collab about the idea. Maybe the other endings have more depth on this topic.

Also this could also be explored more in the side quests (of which I haven't done many), or in interactions with the environment, which as previously discussed, show a disappointing lack of depth even when the game runs well with few bugs.

Yo this apology generator is pretty fun

739058548_download(1).png.3ad901f666e813fef52101d9bb1d1512.png

But yeah, utter shitshow. It reminds me of first 2 games in the Metro series, I'm sure under all that broken, unplayable unidentified hardly baked mess there is probably a good video game, I just refuse to eat the shit on top to get there.

Edited by mrthejoshmon

After the very first teaser of the game was revealed in 2013, when alot of people (myself included) imagined and fantasized as to what this game would potentially be, it was an exciting period. The teaser was mysterious and thought provoking at the same time. It provoked so many things and gave a glimpse into  the future of gaming itself.

Fast forward to now, when the days were counted until the release of the game, still anxious if there wouldn't be a sudden delay announced at the very last moment (as the game had already been delayed a few times before). Everything was possible it seemed, so the excitement built up even more.

And then it came out..

Alas, when the first rumors began saying it was a beauty tarnished on all  fronts, I didn't believe  them. Until my virtual feet entered inside the world

and witnessed its issues, that's when the illusion broke.

Now after more then 10 days of ongoing drama surrounding the game it feels like it was a sin to release this game in the state it was released. That "sin" is still having ongoing consequences for everyone involved, wether in hearts or minds.

Was it karma that hit them when on wednesday they [CD Projekt] barred the Taiwanese indie game Devotion from releasing on GOG while the very next day their own game was pulled off by Sony from the PlayStation Store?

Once again I look back at the teaser and think about what the game set out to be and what it was in my heart and mind throughout the years. An interactive audiovisual utopia like no other.

After the illusiion fell and the sober reality began to set in, is also when I began to enjoy the game for what it actually was and not for what it isn't (or perhaps never will be). When the rainy clouds of Europe gathered and covered the skies again after a week of gorgeous melancholic sun had graced the dying year one last time, I realized that entity or version of the game that I witnessed through my minds eye during the years is something that was never possible, atleast not with the current technology.

It is a type of game that will probably only be realized in the future, perhaps beyond our time.

Perhaps that type of game will truly be made somewhere around 2077.

Until that time I will just enjoy the tiny glimpse into the future.

image.png.d5984953e5f4a2a288e7f26d96018e31.png

Edited by OniriA

11 hours ago, scalliano said:

A filesize in excess of 8MB will brick your playthrough.

The save filesize bug can only be triggered if you craft too much which will take aeons to deliberately trigger, not to excuse the bug, they should definitely fix it some day, but I can see why it's not high priority right now.

+70 hours into the game here and no corrupt save file at all, save filesize barely even reached 1.6MBs, almost impossible to trigger unless you somehow find an infinite amount of resources to deliberately trigger it.

14 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

I'm sure under all that broken, unplayable unidentified hardly baked mess there is probably a good video game, I just refuse to eat the shit on top to get there.

The game's not even a month old yet and the bugs are mostly minor launch bugs, you can clearly tell those people haven't actually played the game, I'm confident all those minor issues be fixed by February.

E: There's already a modding community for the game.

20201222131144-1.jpg

Edited by sluggard

4 hours ago, sluggard said:

The game's not even a month old yet and the bugs are mostly minor launch bugs, you can clearly tell those people haven't actually played the game, I'm confident all those minor issues be fixed by February.

Uh huh, wise of you to change that statement.

Well seeing as though I was halfway through my response, I might as well continue, eh?

You're right, I didn't play it, instead I got a friend of mine it for Christmas:

Spoiler

Polish_20201222_115722694.jpg.0081ffb44811efa0051e0dd510f8ace9.jpg

You can accelerate the delivery date, I did that.

Polish_20201222_115802803.jpg.77bdf78dc8cb6671f027287f29e7eb0f.jpg

Because:

A: easy Christmas present

B: They wanted it

C: someone with my sensibilities and similar taste could review/vanguard it for me

So I had them stream it to me for a few hours on like 4 occasions, it reliably shit the bed, we could produce game breaking bugs that were so easy and reliable to reproduce that we could have been fooled we were playing day one New Vegas all over again.

No, really, just last week we discovered you can use the rails on stairs to achieve almost perpetual acceleration, like running up against a linedef in vanilla Doom, not only that but we also discovered that if you exit the swimming animation onto stairs at the docks you can get stuck in the floor (forcing a load) every time.

I watched cars spawn sunk into the ground, I watched cars spawn inside eachother and implode, I watched the minimap icons leave the minimap and enter the playing field of the screen... I mentioned these bugs because they were so easy to reproduce and accidentally find that I watched someone in real time accidentally find them and recreate them.

All of it live, from a computer down a couple streets, all achieved whilst not actually looking for bugs, you trying to tell me that I didn't watch that in real time? It's a joke, what on earth did that period of crunch even achieve? If this is all the bugs "ironed out" then I dread to think what it would look like without that crunch, did they evn QA this thing? Fallout 76 has competition and that is a HIGH bar.

44 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

If this is all the bugs "ironed out" then I dread to think what it would look like without that crunch, did they evn QA this thing? Fallout 76 has competition and that is a HIGH bar.

Except It's not

I dunno what your friend is playing but I haven't encountered that many bugs, I'm not even kidding, the only bug I encountered was the one where Jackie warped through the elevator doors near the beginning of the game, there were also the random bugs where two NPCs decide to spawn on top of each other, but these are the only two I can think of off the top of my head, mostly visual bugs which will also be fixed, nothing game breaking, everything else worked as expected.

If this game got delayed any further people would still be complaining.

Edited by sluggard

3 minutes ago, Swordofdanu said:

I've had one issue on PS4, and that was my settings were corrupted, I'd better get a refund eh?

-_-

Yeah, might be better to hold off until this mess is sorted out :shrugs:

Screw it dude, dunno why I'm trying to explain this here, this is the last time I'm Pre-ordering anything, back to the game, later lol

131906057_2877712739179104_4004370868260

8 hours ago, OniriA said:

Once again I look back at the teaser and think about what the game set out to be and what it was in my heart and mind throughout the years. An interactive audiovisual utopia like no other.

Well, of course it won't be the same as the game we all thought when we saw the trailers, but if it still inspires you and you got some choombas to play with turning to the original tabletop game might not be a bad chose. After all human imagination is the most powerful CPU/GPU combination there is plus it's multiplayer. Or if you just are curious of the deeper lore of the setting and want more.

For those wanting the more classic feel of 80's-90's Cyberpunk 2020 is a good bet and it's on Humble Bundle with all bunch of splat book for more setting details (plus beginner friendly version of RED, more of which I'll tell you soon): https://www.humblebundle.com/books/cyberpunk-r-talsorian-books

For those wanting a more modern game both in feel and in thematic content there's RED which is essentially a midquel between 2020 and 2077. It's basically more streamlined version of 2020 with completely revised netrunning rules reflective of the development of IT tech into more wireless form. And well, if 2020 is grimdark funhouse version of early 90's pretending to be future, RED is same of late 10's- early 20's. The starter edition as I said is on that bundle but the full version can be found here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/333585/Cyberpunk-RED

Also, as a final note, if I may compare RED and 2077 I must say the satire in RED seems to just have more tooth to be honest. For example, everyone is eating this horrid shit called kibble that's produced by one company that has monopoly on food production and that actively discourages buying food that's farmed locally and organically by basically giving everyone in community negative points if even one person does it. Plus I like how these adds really catch the look of the modern superfoods advertisments.

unknown.png

3 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

So I had them stream it to me for a few hours on like 4 occasions, it reliably shit the bed, we could produce game breaking bugs that were so easy and reliable to reproduce that we could have been fooled we were playing day one New Vegas all over again.

No, really, just last week we discovered you can use the rails on stairs to achieve almost perpetual acceleration, like running up against a linedef in vanilla Doom, not only that but we also discovered that if you exit the swimming animation onto stairs at the docks you can get stuck in the floor (forcing a load) every time.

I watched cars spawn sunk into the ground, I watched cars spawn inside eachother and implode, I watched the minimap icons leave the minimap and enter the playing field of the screen... I mentioned these bugs because they were so easy to reproduce and accidentally find that I watched someone in real time accidentally find them and recreate them.

All of it live, from a computer down a couple streets, all achieved whilst not actually looking for bugs, you trying to tell me that I didn't watch that in real time? It's a joke, what on earth did that period of crunch even achieve? If this is all the bugs "ironed out" then I dread to think what it would look like without that crunch, did they evn QA this thing? Fallout 76 has competition and that is a HIGH bar.

Huh. All I had was some graphical bugs, like hair disappearing in the mirror and Jackie walking across cars ignoring only the hitbox. And the reviewers didn't take those game-breaking bugs into account while reviewing the PC version. So you might just be unlucky.

Also, as a final note, if I may compare RED and 2077 I must say the satire in RED seems to just have more tooth to be honest. For example, everyone is eating this horrid shit called kibble that's produced by one company that has monopoly on food production and that actively discourages buying food that's farmed locally and organically by basically giving everyone in community negative points if even one person does it. Plus I like how these adds really catch the look of the modern superfoods advertisments.

Ah, yes, parodies that are very sure to make you understand they are parodies, like, very very sure, for smart people with a deep insight on capitalism. Great.

Literally I'm out of this thread starting now. Pretentious bashing is its own videogame and I lack the devotion to inflict this joke to myself.

PS: The 2013 teaser was awful and didn't mean anything, it made me wrote this game on the shit list until last month

15 minutes ago, Sunnyfruit said:

PS: The 2013 teaser was awful and didn't mean anything, it made me wrote this game on the shit list until last month

It was the only time the game seemed interesting to me. As teasers go I don't see the issue with it, I would compare for example; the Perfect Dark teaser released recently was worse because it seemed confused in how it related at all Perfect Dark as a series and otherwise doesn't communicate much about its premise. With the old Cyberpunk teaser we will never know for sure what their intent actually was, it definitely never came to any fruition, but it seemed to be focusing on dehumanisation and technology and possibly being on the front lines of that particular issue, it definitely reminded of AD Police and Bubblegum Crisis, stuff I quite liked. 

The end product seems largely messy, and that doesn't sound surprising if they're any truth to how many times they changed focus. But I do think it's definitely overly focused on the gang element which isn't the most interesting element to me, and indeed does very much enhance the feeling that it is just GTA5 with sci fi trappings. 

26 minutes ago, Sunnyfruit said:

Ah, yes, parodies that are very sure to make you understand they are parodies, like, very very sure, for smart people with a deep insight on capitalism. Great.

Well I mean I wouldn't call my self smart necessarily, and I never said it was some kind of deep subversive master piece, just that RED dares to be about something whilst 2077 plays it so safe it's ends up being wishy washy. And well, latter if definitely more interesting even if you end up not agreeing the point game tries to make. Because even in that case it made you at least think why you don't agree with it.

5 minutes ago, hybridial said:

It was the only time the game seemed interesting to me. As teasers go I don't see the issue with it, I would compare for example; the Perfect Dark teaser released recently was worse because it seemed confused in how it related at all Perfect Dark as a series and otherwise doesn't communicate much about its premise. With the old Cyberpunk teaser we will never know for sure what their intent actually was, it definitely never came to any fruition, but it seemed to be focusing on dehumanisation and technology and possibly being on the front lines of that particular issue, it definitely reminded of AD Police and Bubblegum Crisis, stuff I quite liked. 

The end product seems largely messy, and that doesn't sound surprising if they're any truth to how many times they changed focus. But I do think it's definitely overly focused on the gang element which isn't the most interesting element to me, and indeed does very much enhance the feeling that it is just GTA5 with sci fi trappings. 

Yeah the original trailer can be considered borderline misleading. It looks rather GitS like to me and usually it is considered to be post-cyberpunk given that it's view on society, tech and corporations is less cynical than Cyberpunk propper. Which is also the direction now decanonized Cyberpunk v3.0 actually took to the annoyance of the long time fans (also the fact all art was based around action figure collection of Mike Pondsmith didn't help the fact). Frankly it feels like 2077 is pretty much a soulless cover version of 2020 with even more sex and violence rather than game that has it's own ideas what it wants to do. Which is shame because 2077 has that spark Witcher 3 had at times when it comes to character arcs of individual characters (although I'd still argue W3 did it better).

10 hours ago, sluggard said:

The save filesize bug can only be triggered if you craft too much which will take aeons to deliberately trigger, not to excuse the bug, they should definitely fix it some day, but I can see why it's not high priority right now.

+70 hours into the game here and no corrupt save file at all, save filesize barely even reached 1.6MBs, almost impossible to trigger unless you somehow find an infinite amount of resources to deliberately trigger it.

I only have 3h 40m on record so far (re: life stuff) and my save file is already 1.9MB. I've done no crafting at all, nor any duping/glitching. How am I able to enjoy a game while there's an effective Doomsday clock counting down on my progress? I really don't want to refund the game, but the spectre of losing all my progress midway through the main campaign is hanging so heavily over everything I do in the game that I'm almost afraid to launch the damn thing. Without an official guarantee that the issue will be addressed sooner rather than later, this is the time of year when my £50 is better spent elsewhere.

55 minutes ago, scalliano said:

I really don't want to refund the game, but the spectre of losing all my progress midway through the main campaign is hanging so heavily over everything I do in the game that I'm almost afraid to launch the damn thing

I've reached the Point of No Return here and done a couple of side quests before I continue and the size already reached 3.513MBs, you can mostly go through the majority of the game's content without crafting and the size won't reach 8MBs, only other option I can think of is to not hoard items and sell all unneeded lower stats stuff before you exit the game. I don't know why it's like this but they really need to fix this, especially for this type of game. Feel free to refund if you're not comfortable with that or waiting.

Edited by sluggard

30 minutes ago, sluggard said:

I've reached the Point of No Return here and done a couple of side quests before I continue and the size already reached 3.513MBs, you can mostly go through the majority of the game's content without crafting and the size won't reach 8MBs, only other option I can think of is to not hoard items and sell all unneeded lower stats stuff before you exit the game. I don't know why it's like this but they really need to fix this, especially for this type of game. Feel free to refund if you're not comfortable with that.

1.6MB -> 3.5MB in a day. That's a SHARP increase...

That sealed it. Just submitted my ticket to GOG Support.

Gutted. I love what I've played so far, but this shit is just unacceptable, especially given the response on the game's forums.

Yeah I really hope they fix this, this is by far the biggest issue in the game

Edited by sluggard

Some of you could literally have someone take a dump on your chest in your sleep and you’d find a reason to justify the occurrence of feces on your chest. Not everyone has to agree with you on if this game is worth holding onto for patches or if it’s worth getting a refund. Is it YOUR money at risk here? 

That savegame bug has definitely killed it for me, and their response that it might get fixed is baffling. If that is not a game breaking bug then I shudder think what they do classify as game breaking. Will definitely give them a few months minimum before even considering purchasing. Thank you gentlemen for your respective insights.

So that 1.05 PC update improves performance a bit. That seems to indicate that they are at least improving and learning from their launch-day mistakes.

20201223160530-1.jpg

20201223152044-1.jpg

20201223190304-1.jpg

The size still sits at 3.5 here, barely changed size, even after doing a lot more jobs and stuff, it's odd. Guess it depends on your playstyle, you know if you loot and craft so much stuff and that sort of thing, or if you use the duping glitch, might be why mine didn't change much. I'm only looting bodies, containers....etc that are on my way, or I just mistook the most recent save with an older 1.6 save, this time I made sure to double check file date to make sure it's the most recent.

Either way it doesn't happen for me at least so I think I'm safe, this whole buggy cyberpunk thing feels like one big dumb troll attempt so I'll just carry on with the game and leave it there. Fuck them

Edited by sluggard

So, within an hour I got a response from GOG Support offering me store credit. I said no. A day later with no further contact and the game is still in my library. Maybe it's early days and they'll get to it, but given what I've been hearing regarding refunds I'm expecting to be given the runaround...