Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hobomaster22

Doom Launcher - Doom frontend & database v3.7.4 (12/2023)

3 hours ago, hobomaster22 said:

I believe this was a feature that was started that copies the save files for the launched file into the source port directory. I recall the idea was that the saves could be deleted so the saves would only be for that file.

Not a bug; a feature! ;-) 

Would it be possible in a future build to add an option to disable this functionality and/or specify a location for save games to be backed up to ( I guess this would have to be source port specific?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, DrR0Ck said:

Not a bug; a feature! ;-) 

Would it be possible in a future build to add an option to disable this functionality and/or specify a location for save games to be backed up to ( I guess this would have to be source port specific?

Thanks!

Should be no problem. I will get it in before the next release sometime after Thanksgiving.

1 hour ago, hobomaster22 said:

Should be no problem. I will get it in before the next release sometime after Thanksgiving.

You're awesome!  Looking forward to the new release!

Hello,

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I don't see a tab for mods. I can enable mods just fine during the launch process, so I'm doing fine.  But how do I get all the tabs I see in screenshots?

Thank you

1 hour ago, robocop said:

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I don't see a tab for mods. I can enable mods just fine during the launch process, so I'm doing fine.  But how do I get all the tabs I see in screenshots?

You need to tag the files as 'Mods'. Each of the tabs is a different tag.

14 hours ago, xvertigox said:

You need to tag the files as 'Mods'. Each of the tabs is a different tag.

Thank you, that makes sense.

That might fix some other issues I'm having with certain WADs. 

Thank you for your help.

Hi, thanks so much for the launcher, feels great having everything organized.

I have one issue though and its that neither FinalLevelStats.wad nor noendgame.wad seem to work for me when it comes to recording stats in GZDoom. I've tried it using a few different wads (Strange Aeons, Hell-forged, Ancient Aliens) and while they seem to be doing something they both leave me looking at the credits without a save game. Tested in both GZDoom 4.4.2 and 4.5.0 with the same behavior. Looking through the thread it doesn't appear that anyone else has had this issue so I may be doing something wrong, but other than messing with the load order I'm not sure what else to try. 

Edit: Played some more Strange Aeons and it looks like FinalLevelStats.wad does work for the episode 2 finale. The end of ep 2 is a forced death exit which I suspect is why it works there and not for normal endings, but not sure what causes this. 

Edited by vtron

On 11/30/2020 at 2:02 PM, vtron said:

Hi, thanks so much for the launcher, feels great having everything organized.

I have one issue though and its that neither FinalLevelStats.wad nor noendgame.wad seem to work for me when it comes to recording stats in GZDoom. I've tried it using a few different wads (Strange Aeons, Hell-forged, Ancient Aliens) and while they seem to be doing something they both leave me looking at the credits without a save game. Tested in both GZDoom 4.4.2 and 4.5.0 with the same behavior. Looking through the thread it doesn't appear that anyone else has had this issue so I may be doing something wrong, but other than messing with the load order I'm not sure what else to try.  

Edit: Played some more Strange Aeons and it looks like FinalLevelStats.wad does work for the episode 2 finale. The end of ep 2 is a forced death exit which I suspect is why it works there and not for normal endings, but not sure what causes this.  

It should work with Ancient Aliens, at least it does when I test with Ancient Aliens by itself. The others I'm not sure, since they are very heavy in ZDoom features there are any number reason it may not work. FinalLevelStats and noendgame are just doing the best they can to trick ZDoom into skipping the end game sequence. FinalLevelStats uses some EventHandlers with ZScript, so maybe something is being overridden, but I am not sure.

3.2.0 Release:

Add .iwad and .ipk3 support
Automatically tag a file that is dropped into tag view
Support woof statistics
Added alternative save directory for source ports
Added option to disable copying save files back to source port directory
Added release date column to idgames view
Implemented slideshow for screenshots
Implemented tag sidebar for better searching and selecting of tags/tabs
Remembers last selected view

https://github.com/nstlaurent/DoomLauncher/releases/tag/3.2.0.0

56 minutes ago, hobomaster22 said:

3.2.0 Release

This is genuinely exciting to me. I was waiting for this next update. Awesome work! 😍

@hobomaster22 there is on my doomlauncher 3 a bug for select file(add files- play menu ) as my screenshot . On version 3.2.0

thanks for your app.

ps : excuse for my english , I hope you understand :D

2020-12-21_17-52-14.jpg

3 hours ago, Caiuz said:

@hobomaster22 there is on my doomlauncher 3 a bug for select file(add files- play menu ) as my screenshot . On version 3.2.0

thanks for your app.

ps : excuse for my english , I hope you understand :D

No problem, thanks for reporting. I pushed a release to fix the issue. If you restart Doom Launcher you should be able to automatically download and install the update.

It's not a port, it's a way of organizing all your WAD files and ways to run them! It's particularly useful if you play different WADs with different stacks of enhancements, without having to keep a thousand batch files around.

Just now, DavidN said:

It's not a port, it's a way of organizing all your WAD files and ways to run them! It's particularly useful if you play different WADs with different stacks of enhancements, without having to keep a thousand batch files around.

I don't know if ZDL is the same thing, but is it similar to that?

9 hours ago, DavetheDoomguy said:

I don't know if ZDL is the same thing, but is it similar to that?

Similar but far more robust. One thing I praise often is it's idgames integration that allows you to download wads directly from the launcher. That combined with it's metadata fields make for a very clean and organized experience.

Edit: Got a feature request @hobomaster22 - Is it possible to have colored tabs? Having text colored is great but it'd be awesome if we could change the tab background color (or maybe just font?) so it's easier to see which tab is which at a glance.

7ghlRPL.png

Edited by xvertigox

12 hours ago, xvertigox said:

Similar but far more robust. One thing I praise often is it's idgames integration that allows you to download wads directly from the launcher. That combined with it's metadata fields make for a very clean and organized experience.

Edit: Got a feature request @hobomaster22 - Is it possible to have colored tabs? Having text colored is great but it'd be awesome if we could change the tab background color (or maybe just font?) so it's easier to see which tab is which at a glance.

7ghlRPL.png

how add tabs? there is not "+"

5 hours ago, Caiuz said:

how add tabs? there is not "+"

Click the hamburger button at the top-left and there will be a selection called "Manage Tags". Then you can add, edit, or delete tags. 

On 12/22/2020 at 3:47 PM, FrogMaster said:

Click the hamburger button at the top-left and there will be a selection called "Manage Tags". Then you can add, edit, or delete tags. 

thanks

22 hours ago, QuotePilgrim said:

Did you take inspiration from DBGL or something for the UI? It looks pretty similar to that.

Way back it was inspired by Quake Injector from a thread started by tormentor. Then it just progressed from there. The UI progression was probably partly inspired by Visual Studio from that point on. 

Hi all,

Is there any special, method for upgrading from V2.6.x to the latest. I tried downloadin the installer and installing over the top but then got table errors when I launched the new version :(

Reverting back to V2.6 worked and it launches again.

Cheers.

Phill.

5 hours ago, PhillHS said:

Hi all,

Is there any special, method for upgrading from V2.6.x to the latest. I tried downloadin the installer and installing over the top but then got table errors when I launched the new version :(

Reverting back to V2.6 worked and it launches again.

Cheers.

Phill.

You can’t use the installer. That version didn’t have the installer, you have to download the regular package and copy the contents into your Doom Launcher folder. It should automatically update install the correct package once updated. 

19 hours ago, hobomaster22 said:

You can’t use the installer. That version didn’t have the installer, you have to download the regular package and copy the contents into your Doom Launcher folder. It should automatically update install the correct package once updated. 

Humm just tried that and getting the same error :

When I click the details of the Error box, the following text is contained in the error report :

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Column 'AltSaveDirectory' does not belong to table Table.
   at System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)
   at System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName)
   at DoomLauncher.DbDataSourceAdapter.CreateSourcePortDataSource(DataTable dt, DataRow dr)
   at DoomLauncher.DbDataSourceAdapter.GetSourcePorts()
   at DoomLauncher.VersionHandler.Pre_2_6_4_1_Update()
   at DoomLauncher.VersionHandler.ExecuteUpdate(Action update, AppVersion version)
   at DoomLauncher.VersionHandler.HandleVersionUpdate()
   at DoomLauncher.MainForm.<Initialize>b__28_0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at DoomLauncher.MainForm.<Initialize>d__28.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at DoomLauncher.MainForm.<HandleLoad>d__155.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DoomLauncher
    Assembly Version: 3.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 3.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/games/DoomLauncher/DoomLauncher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CheckBoxComboBox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/games/DoomLauncher/CheckBoxComboBox.DLL
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.92.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.92.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/games/DoomLauncher/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Octokit
    Assembly Version: 0.36.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.36.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/games/DoomLauncher/Octokit.DLL
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Dynamic.DynamicAssembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Cheers.

Phill.

DoomLauncherError1.png

1 hour ago, hobomaster22 said:

Thanks for posting. Had to run an old database to see it. This build should fix it:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/hobomaster22/doomlauncher/builds/37004535/artifacts

Cheers for the quick response, that seems to have worked, it's launched fine this time.

Thanks again for adding the date to the idgames tab eaier to spot the new stuff now :)

Cheers.

Phill.

Any chance of having the option for the table based listing (like the idgames tab) for the Recent / Local / Untagged and Iwads tabs? Some of the information on the large format tags is duplicated in the left hand panel anyways.

Cheers.

Phill.

17 minutes ago, PhillHS said:

Any chance of having the option for the table based listing (like the idgames tab) for the Recent / Local / Untagged and Iwads tabs? Some of the information on the large format tags is duplicated in the left hand panel anyways.

Cheers.

Phill.

There are three options for the views now in Settings -> View. Grid would set it back to the table format.