Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ahmedalhloul97

Dead players can't exit level in GlBoom+

So I was playing scythe map 10 which you're supposed to die to exit the level.
however I remain dead and won't warp to the next level.
I made sure to toggle the "Dead players can exit" option in my GlBoom+ compatibility menu, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
is there a way to fix this? I couldn't find the command line of this option in my configuration file. 

Make sure you specify -complevel 2 in the command line, which will override that setting, at any rate. Or edit its cfg file so that the value of default_compatibility_level is 2.

# Misc settings
default_compatibility_level     2

Just to make sure, under Setup -> Compatibility, everything is set to No except "Dead players can exit levels," which is set to Yes (comp_zombie is set to 1 in the config file)? And to activate the death exit, you're stepping into a pit next to a berserk pack, which triggers a teleporter and a bunch of barrel explosions? And you're not using any wads/mods besides Scythe itself?

I'm not sure if there's any way to eliminate a miniscule period of time after death and before exiting during which if you press use, you will restart the level. So how many times did you test it? Is it possible that's what's happening? I remember that happening to me the first time I played Scythe.