This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which wad should i play?

• EVITERNITY
    • ANCIENT ALIENS
    • VALIANT
    • BACK TO SATURN X | EP1
    • PLUTONIA 2
    • GOING DOWN

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/20 at 10:59 PM

Hello, im playing classic doom again but i dont know which wad should i play next... 

Doom nerds, im asking for your help! Which wad should i play next? Thx.

Edited by JuanchoES

4 hours ago, Telemassacre said:

Prischi doom. I know its a little direct, but i haven't had any known reviews that look at the most recent version. 

image.png.af83efccfb4a27e9f5e6223625b041cb.png

On 12/23/2020 at 7:38 PM, Maximum Matt said:

Icarus.

On 12/23/2020 at 7:38 PM, Maximum Matt said:

Icarus.

I love this!

+1 to Icarus. I'm on Map 11 and I'm loving it. I really dig the spaceship setting. Feels unique. 

55 minutes ago, paturn said:

+1 to Icarus. I'm on Map 11 and I'm loving it. I really dig the spaceship setting. Feels unique. 

Are you guys serious? I only hear bad things about that wad and my friends that have played icarus say that Icarus is shit.

image.png.6d9ec2b4b037b260e20c3331e2a42d61.png

29 minutes ago, JuanchoES said:

Are you guys serious? I only hear bad things about that wad and my friends that have played icarus say that Icarus is shit.

Never judge something by what people say of it.

Try it for yourself and decide for yourself if you like it or not.

Same applies to the Cacowards and most popular megawads, like Valiant and Eviternity.

Try them, if you like them, good, if you don't, its ok.

As for myself, yeah i'm serious about Icarus: Alien Vanguard.

Its not everyone cup of tea, but if you like experimental things and know to appreciate the flavour of old things, well you will found really interesting things going on on Icarus.

Another example i can give you is Memento Mori I. For me, it isn't that good. Good and punchy, yes, but not that good compared to Icarus and later megawads. Especially since it is designed to be played on co-op and some things are not easy to achieve on solo play.

Memento Mori II in the other hand is almost perfect and i greatly enjoyed it.

Requiem was a mixed bag and not that enjoyable.

On 12/24/2020 at 12:33 AM, JuanchoES said:

Hello, im playing classic doom again but i dont know which wad should i play next... 

Doom nerds, im asking for your help! Which wad should i play next? Thx.

There is a thread that lists WADs in a rough difficulty order in case you want to get familiar with the most common/popular PWADs and improve bit by bit at the same time:

I don't follow it religiously or anything, but it gives me a good idea of what I may or may not be ready for and such. Might be worth checking out.

52 minutes ago, JuanchoES said:

It's rated 4 star on idgames. It's also ranked 43rd greatest wad by doomworld members 

The number of people who loved it overwhelmingly outnumber the ones who didn't. 

Perhaps this review will be useful

https://onemandoom.blogspot.com/2011/07/icarus-alien-vanguard-icaruswad.html

16 minutes ago, Cinnamon Killjoy said:

There is a thread that lists WADs in a rough difficulty order in case you want to get familiar with the most common/popular PWADs and improve bit by bit at the same time:

I don't follow it religiously or anything, but it gives me a good idea of what I may or may not be ready for and such. Might be worth checking out.

Thanks, i'll check it out

7 minutes ago, JuanchoES said:

Thanks, i'll check it out

No problem! Keep in mind though that a couple of them are Ultimate DOOM rather than DOOM 2 - so if you can't stand the limited monster cast, maybe skip those. ;) If you enjoy UD though I'd at least not skip Base Ganymede, that one is good.

1 hour ago, JuanchoES said:

Icarus is like 2001: A Space Odyssey of Doom WADs. Not for everyone, some may even find it boring, but it's undeniably a masterpiece.