Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

DBP31: Santa's Outback Bender

It was a pleasure to be involved in the project. All the maps are absolutely sick. The theme is hilarious and makes for a very fun and relaxing backdrop to some hectic action. The sounds of digeridoos and demons go together quite well. It was a job very well done. Merry Christmas everyone.

Spoiler

I'm just happy my map was added as a bonus even though it was my first map ever and I made it within 2 weeks of learning the editor. So don't let anything stop you from learning Doom mapping. You can make something acceptable in a short amount of time, you just need to put time and effort into it. Get to work, you!

Incredible. Will be putting some time into this. Some good chuckles had already just booting it up to see if it plays nice with my mods. 

Close as well get to an Australian Community Map Pack, so I'll take it :).

This is a great theme, and my only regret is not having/making more time to make a proper map for it. Still, I'm all over QA and the resources, so I can happily claim to have been involved in a fun set! Plenty of strong maps here. Merry Christmas one and all!

Just finished it including the two bonus maps. Really good stuff. Really started grooving with it at Oasis Seige. Big difficulty spike on Drunken Wallaby. I think I softlocked after the four boomerangs at end of Hillsong (Yeah I'm picking up what you're putting down), not raising the bars to Santa's pool unless I missed something silly.

Total playtime was about 2hours 50minutes give or take. 

I continue to enjoy all the DBP output, even though you guys make it faster than I can play it :)

Caco for the gang in 2021 or riot.

Thanks @Jovian, glad someone got that Hillsong reference! (Several playthroughs I’ve seen have people like “Wait is this supposed to be a church or a big concert?”  lol.) Too bad I couldn’t officially work in the SMM as “Brain” Houston in the intertext XD

Also interested to hear more about that softlock. There should be five boomerangs—grabbing the first one should trigger the big fight, then it’s a matter of collecting the remaining four to open the bars and see Santa getting baptized. Seems unlikely that you missed any of them from what you describe, that’s puzzling. What port were you using? I assume the rangs worked fine on other maps? Maybe there’s something going with KeenDie actions triggering very close to one another... hmm...

37 minutes ago, Big Ol Billy said:

What port were you using? I assume the rangs worked fine on other maps? Maybe there’s something going with KeenDie actions triggering very close to one another... hmm...

Current GZDoom with a collection of QoL mods on top. Sorry forgot the first of five, its quite a large fight between the first and the other four :). My best random uneducated guess is maybe I grabbed them so quick it bugged like a Map07 double arachnotron kill.

Yeah no issues with the 'rangs elsewhere. Well, maybe on Washed Ashore, but i assume i just couldn't find the the key switches for the triple barrier at the exit.

Another update has been released fixing some port specific deep water issues on maps 17/31 and a bug with the credname plate. Grab it from the v1.2 dl link.

11 hours ago, Jovian said:

Current GZDoom with a collection of QoL mods on top. Sorry forgot the first of five, its quite a large fight between the first and the other four :). My best random uneducated guess is maybe I grabbed them so quick it bugged like a Map07 double arachnotron kill.

Yeah no issues with the 'rangs elsewhere. Well, maybe on Washed Ashore, but i assume i just couldn't find the the key switches for the triple barrier at the exit.

The three boomerrangs unlock a final secret in the center of the map. The three keys are kind of at the end of each of the "areas" of the map. The caves hold the red key, the pub and beach area have the yellow, and the elf fortress has the blue key. Once you've grabbed all three you can exit. I feel like I didn't communicate things the greatest but it's my first ever map and I pumped it out in two weeks. 

I had a blast, specially with "bli bli billabong", but overall very fun, the naive and festive theme tricked me thinking everything

was pretty and nice to suddenly bite the pain haha, there were great archie encounters.

I liked a lot how you get back to the town to finish the "match".

Edited by Soulless

RC3 is up! Besides the usual bug-fixing, this update brings a new gift to unwrap in MAP31, if you can find it! There are also some retouched sprites from @Chainie, with a preview below:
HvMl744.png