Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

Are you an active DoomWorld Playtester?

This is an idea I fully approve of! While I'm only able (due to taking care of other things at the moment) to offer one Doom wad playtesting stream (or two) a month currently, I'm willing to help out in this endeavour as I have been kind of doing this playtesting stream thing over the last few years.

A pinned thread where any new and upcoming mappers have an "information pool" of people they can reliably contact to get some good feedback would be a great addition to Doomworld, and I sincerely hope it comes to pass.

Having recently gone through the trouble of releasing my own map last week, even with the generous feedback/coverage it has received, I still know how difficult it is to get people's attention around here to play a mapset if you're not one of the big cheeses.

This is a nice idea! I’d love to do something on top of the forum or maybe the idgames database as well, to list WADs that have playtests or videos requested and let people pick them up...

I’m definitely available whenever!

I do have considerable interests in playtesting stuff (and when I do I tend to send long feedback). And I am also looking to get back to it again, so add me to the list.

If anyone needs some playtesting, I'm up. I check on Doomworld notifications everyday. I can record/stream and provide criticism, but no mic.

This is an awesome idea. I don't  unfortunately have enough time to seriously playtest at the moment but I am gonna need quite a few testers soon, so yeah, really cool

4 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Might be useful to check out this thread as well:

This is quite awsome...the only thing is to know if playtesters are still all active...my idea was to make something like this but get pinned at the top along...so the information would be always there at hand. The thing would be an topic like that but updated.

1 minute ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

this thread should be pinned

Im trying to gather the list...and then present a post to moderators for aproval.

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

This is quite awsome...the only thing is to know if playtesters are still all active...my idea was to make something like this but get pinned at the top along...so the information would be always there at hand. The thing would be an topic like that but updated.

At least one of the people who is on that list has posted a follow-up to state that they were no longer interested. I was planning to update that thread with the latest information. From there, short of one of them saying "I'm not interested in playtesting anymore" the only way to know if they're active would be to ask them directly. And that would be something you could do based on the information from the thread I started.

44 minutes ago, Austinado said:

Im trying to gather the list...and then present a post to moderators for aproval.

Austinado, I wish you the best of luck in getting your list pinned.

@Pegleg i guess ill do that...ask directly.

About the list getting pinned...well, it would be in the best interest of all of us...of the forum. Lets hope for the best, asking will not hurt i believe. 

2 minutes ago, Decay said:

I test pretty much any PVP maps that are posted, just far and few between.

Can i add you to the list then?

I used to be, but after being hired to do it fulltime for a year, at this point I dont want to test anyones stuff ever again >.>

Still have habits of noticing little errors here and there in stuff I play though.

I sure do love playtesting and providing my service to the community. Mind you, I prefer to be a bit more of a rogue agent rather than someone who does requests but if they don't come in too frequently, I'm up for it if folks PM me about it. However, I sit around in the WADs and Mods subforum all day, so if you have uploaded a new map there's a 95% chance I've noticed and am already recording a playthrough. Bigger mapping projects might be a bit more of a stretch since my job keeps me pretty busy. I only get so much time a day to myself to playtest stuff at my leisure so it's hard to commit to playtesting bigger projects on demand, but if the project is smaller in scope like the upcoming Heelbain miniWAD I've been playtesting for, then I'll be more likely to help out. But playtesting for your epic megaWAD would be out of the question for me at this stage.

I suggest also doing a playtesting request thread so people can ask to get maps tested and playtesters from this thread can reply that/what they intend to test

I'm a tester, although I tend to test what looks most interesting to me, and I prefer private messages, Discord, Twitter, and YouTube for communication.

BTW I should add that I am FrancisT18#9293 on Discord, and francist218 on Twitch. I never mind whispers, direct messages, and/or friend requests from anyone so feel free :)