Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

On 11/15/2020 at 6:05 AM, Kristian Nebula said:

These remind me of the classic Hasbro set of toys called Battle Beasts from 1980's. Great stuff!

Battle beasts were cool. Too many wood beasts though.

On 11/4/2020 at 7:48 PM, Ganbare-Lucifer said:

I got bored one day, and decided to make sprites based on animals. Might sound furry, but I have a backstory for it: Basically they were an experiment funded by the UAC to implement animal cells on humans to have the strength and skill of them with man intelligence, fortunately, nothing hell related happened and the infants were raised to adulthood where they now are working on the UAC and fighting against the demon invasion.

WBD3IvK.png
Commander Pyotr Grizlevich - Russia
mNzj2oq.png
Captain Terry Buffington - USA
51xZj1o.png
Private Shawn Weasley - Australia
9sUqjXV.png
Professor Rudolph Van Hirschberg - Austria

Used the scientist sprites by Skelegant, so credits to her!

Full sprites on wad here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1m5wjjm0t0vhn5o/ZooGenexUnit.pk3/file

I have in mind more! So stay tuned!

USGIA1.png.9f5cb59ffbcdcdb7d3118584a0ac59f5.png

Nurse Shizuka Usagiko - Japan

Original female zombie scientist sprite by scalliano

PRKWA1.png.135cf51a15128abecb0fe6f94e63940d.png

Corporal Bob Porkworth - Canada

Original pig-orc sprites by Orka

TREXA1.png.f7dcebc2e4d418ce63e112aecd8afef6.png

Sergeant Stan Threxer - United Kingdom

Original weaponless commando sprites by CruX

On 7/16/2020 at 2:41 PM, ThrashMetalFanBert94 said:

my take on myker drone

image.png.785ddd8107a28e46db3f15b5cd53c351.png You should use the arachnotron as reference for the head. The Maykr Drone's heads are usually big. Other than that, great stuff!

A few days (or maybe weeks, idk) ago - I doodled this martian army guy:

2020_dec_06_WIP_concept.png.fad34465d0c4115d891a86f5796f8b41.png

And for some reason I have spent the last few days turning this guy into a DOOM player sprite.

example.png.7bab0892ac89980497bbfc2014542d6a.png

I'm still working on it. I have done all the rotation sprites (except for the "fire weapon" sprites) in large scale, and I made that preview image as a test to see how it would scale down in DOOM. I'll probably post the full sprite-sheet once I'm done with this project.

*sounds of distant heresy*

QR08NVa.png

Having some issues with this, really struggling to get the vanishing point to line up with the centre, plus this only really works on a 4:3 cuz of the screen cut off, doesn't really work in-game. Any tips?

I don't have art tips, but I'd suggest drawing the entire weapon because there are plenty of widescreen ports now. Even the official one!

Is that a model render?

2 hours ago, Gez said:

I don't have art tips, but I'd suggest drawing the entire weapon because there are plenty of widescreen ports now. Even the official one!

Re-exported and coloured. Think it'll need some smoothing out on the edges, but pretty happy with this now.

Hopefully, it'll be time to purge some Xenos soon. 

UpW0AC9.png 

UURc8H6.png

Edit: NOW WITH DRAMATIC RECOIL

4wZExV9.png

Edited by OrbitalSpaceGarbage

Been wanting to try my hand at a fairly simple vanilla-like gameplay mod

So I've been mucking about with trying to animate weapons and this is something I cooked up in SFM. I'll draw over the frames later to make it... you know... Doom

pud6hnP.gif

On 12/20/2020 at 2:51 PM, Ar_e_en said:

And I think I'm done! My first ever "Serious" attempt at a DOOM style sprite!

Love this, particularly the rubbery animation on the XDeath. Great take on a cartoony "little green man"-style alien soldier. My one nitpick would be the helmet—I think it's kinda hard to translate the helmet texture you have in the original concept sketch into the the size/palette restrictions of a Doom sprite, and consequently it comes off looking a bit messy without conveying what you're actually trying to get across visually. I wonder what it would look like with a smooth & shiny type helmet (although on the other hand, this might bring the costume too close to the TF2 soldier). Still, pretty impressive for a "my first Doom sprite"!

4 hours ago, Big Ol Billy said:

I wonder what it would look like with a smooth & shiny type helmet (although on the other hand, this might bring the costume too close to the TF2 soldier). Still, pretty impressive for a "my first Doom sprite"!

You know, I might just consider doing that!

On 12/23/2020 at 1:10 AM, HQDefault said:

Been wanting to try my hand at a fairly simple vanilla-like gameplay mod

So I've been mucking about with trying to animate weapons and this is something I cooked up in SFM. I'll draw over the frames later to make it... you know... Doom

pud6hnP.gif

VDkX5wF.png

Damn I just realized how long I'm gonna be in this for.

This one frame took me like 3 hours

IPpY.gif

Hey guys I wanted to get your opinion on something

I like the actual animation of the Super Shotgun here, but I'm worried it's a bit too obvious I used a modified force a nature from TF2 as a base.

If so, is there any minor modifications I could make to the sprite work to make it less obvious, or should I just start over?

dS0EnC1.gif

2 hours ago, HQDefault said:

I'm worried it's a bit too obvious I used a modified force a nature from TF2 as a base.

I doubt there will be that much of complaining people. It's okay as is.

Locust Drone from Gears of War 1

2x resolution.

idleu3jau.gifwalk_missilewikf1.gifrun5vkpy.gif

I have created a complete pk3 file ready to be loaded with GZDoom. It includes a complete replacement for the Zombieman for testing purposes: Custom behavior, attacking while moving, gibs, and also sounds for all actions.

All my sprites can be found here:
Cherno's Sprites

On 12/26/2020 at 1:25 PM, sergeirocks100 said:

For a project of mine, i drew a set of status bar faces:

roamsstbarsprites.png.74638f75859b9593df1f7702614b5ee8.png

Argonian Doom?