Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paul87

DooM GBA FANS!

Im currently the webmaster of the site http://www.gbagunfire.com , its set to open on March 28th. We cover every GBA FPS game and provide a weapons page, a review, cheats and an enemies page.

Each staff member has their own section and im looking for someone with a good knowledge of the game and good writing skills to cover the doom 2 and/or doom 1 section.

If your interested please send me an e-mail to:

paul@gbagunfire.com

Thanks

Hey, I dig doom on gba and i think it's cool of you to put out a handheld fps site, but what is there to talk about? its DooM... the same DooM we've all played for nearly a decade. we all have it memorized.

Heh, Despite the fact that Doom isn't the only FPS shooter on the hand held console. Clever :P

Duke Nukem
Ecks Vs Sever
Ecks Vs Sever II: Ballistic

Those three are ones I can think of offhand, I know there are more though.

anybody played doom 2 on gba, heard it was good, i own doom1 but was disappointed that they chopped pandimonium to bits. but they made better sounding music for pandimonium so its all better anyway
and i beleve that duke nukem runs off of the doomgba engine, as wolf3dgba does

Nope. Doom and Doom 2 on GBA run on two different engines. Doom 2 GBA runs on an adapted version of the Duke Nukem Advance engine, and is FAR better than the first one. As for Wolf 3D, it doesn't run on either engine, and it's really not worth getting... it's choppier than either of the Doom ports.

All the maps are there in more-or-less perfect form (there are some small changes, and Industrial Zone and The Chasm are split into two maps each, but for the most part they're the same levels), and all the weapons and enemies are there as well.

Blood is still green and bodies still disappear, but the Arch-Vile can still revive them even though the bodies have vanished (incidentally, it kind of pisses me off that Doom 64 couldn't have the Arch-Vile due to memory constraints, but Doom 2 for GBA does have it). The controls feel smoother, and switching weapons is much, much easier than it was in the first one.

It runs at a higher resolution than the first one, and the lighting can't be toggled this time, but since the frame rate is better anyway, it's not a big deal. The music is also very accurate, although some of the longer songs are a bit shorter in the GBA port. Not a big deal considering they cramed the whole game onto a single cart.

Here's a list of GBA FPS out right now that I know of:

Doom
Doom 2
Ecks Vs. Sever
Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
Dark Arena
Backtrack
Medal of Honor
Duke Nukem Advance
Wolfenstein 3D

The GBA SP I think me is gonna buy :D Perfect for school, even more concealable the the first!

PuPz said:

I can't wait to play Doom on the GBA SP.

I just got my GBA SP doom Looks alt better when your playing it on the Gba sp than on the regular GBA.

dieKatze88 said:

...as wolf3dgba does

no... Wolf3d GBA is wolf3d, probably has bug fixes and such. maybe a smoother code and other tweaks. it is not the doom engine. it is just wolf3d and it is a damn good port and game, just wish they included the music and anywere saveing

doom gba i think is great, it means the newer generation can play the classic game as definately one of the youngest members i can't get my hands on anything more bthan a mac demo for doom 1. i don't care if you can't get add ons for it because i can never get addons to work anyway :P