Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Can you drink snow globe water

Like in a survival scenario if your back was against the wall but I have this cool snow globe 

Filter the floaty bits out of it 

But seriously if there was an apocalypse those bad boys would be worth millions am I right? 

Here is the snow globe my cousin got me before she ruined Christmas

IMG-20210101-002326.jpg

It's a shame she went crazy cause I really like it

Edited by Clippy : It looks delicious

It depends on the snowglobe, Some are pretty much water while others will cause poisoning that leads to brain damage and kidney failure.

So its a bit of a gamble

2 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Finally, the real questions are being asked. 

I got tired of waiting and need to be prepared for anything 2021 may throw at me. Spheres of potential drinking water could come on handy

I wish MythBusters was still around so I could get them to drink the globe water first

You can drink any liquid you damn well please. You may not survive, but the only thing stopping you from drinking it is yourself. Be free, don't let anyone Clippy your wings.

Hmm, but can you drink nukage or lava? If it burns through your esophagus before ever reaching your stomach, can you really say you drank it?

5 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

Hmm, but can you drink nukage or lava? If it burns through your esophagus before ever reaching your stomach, can you really say you drank it?

At that point I don't think you'd really be able to say much of anything at all.

I guess it depends on how others would phrase it: "Hey, did you hear Jello died?" "What? How the hell did that happen?" "Stupid fucker drank some lava...".

Let me see......

Everything is nomral nomal norral noml nol

Totally safe to water eat guys dont worie about it,

EDIT: I can see the future, tomorrow will be January 2 2021.

EDIT 2: I have ascended into the 7th dimension,

EDIT 3: In dimension seven, ID software was so impressed with UACMN, that they replaced doom with it, and we had no more doom.

Edited by DownloadTheseSweetViruses

1 hour ago, Jello said:

At that point I don't think you'd really be able to say much of anything at all.

I guess it depends on how others would phrase it: "Hey, did you hear Jello died?" "What? How the hell did that happen?" "Stupid fucker drank some lava...".

The guy who stuck his hand in lava STILL won't tell others what it feels like... 

I’m so sick of seeing this thread show up over and over and over.. like jeez guys, let’s come up with something new and creative to talk about ffs

Also the snow globe I have here is so old that the water looks more like very thin mud.. pretty nasty. But if I was so dehydrated that I might die, why not take the gamble? It might win me some more time to be rescued/find real water/etc 

Here's something.... a post apocalyptic Doomkid rpg where you seek out all the Zappa albums in the ruins of a huge city and find snow globes to use as bombs and other cool shit all while searching for the source of real water....

10 hours ago, Clippy said:

But seriously if there was an apocalypse those bad boys would be worth millions am I right? 

I think Melee weapons, antibiotics, drugs, firearms and cat/dog food/cockroaches would probably be worth more than snow globe water. 

Funny, a waitress at Fuji Ya in St Paul once told me she collects snow globes and asked me to bring her lots of them from my travels. Maybe it was to be part of her apocalypse prepping.

Disappointed not to find a "How It's Made" on snow globes.

On the OP question, the following from Wikipedia might be relevant: "The liquid has evolved from initially light oil to a mixture of water, antifreeze (ethylene glycol), and gylcerol. An added benefit was that glycerol slowed the descent of the snow. Caution should be taken if a snow globe is broken because the liquid, which can contain antifreeze, can be deadly to cats and dogs if ingested or licked off their fur."

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

On the OP question, the following from Wikipedia might be relevant: "The liquid has evolved from initially light oil to a mixture of water, antifreeze (ethylene glycol), and gylcerol. An added benefit was that glycerol slowed the descent of the snow. Caution should be taken if a snow globe is broken because the liquid, which can contain antifreeze, can be deadly to cats and dogs if ingested or licked off their fur."

So in other words, snow globes can't have actual snow in them.

My whole life is nothing but lies now.

12 hours ago, Snaxalotl said:

It depends on the snowglobe, Some are pretty much water while others will cause poisoning that leads to brain damage and kidney failure.

So its a bit of a gamble

Snowglobes and gambling? Mr House's favorite combination.

This question randomly reminded me this comic:

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1607933918402.jpg

I guess, it would be the same with snow globe water...

Given that the amount of liquid in most snow globes is minimal and unlikely to do much thirst quenching, taking the chance on it would be derply stupid. 

I actually meant to type deeply instead of derply above but the mistake seemed oddly suitable.