Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Would you?

Now here's a good question: If you could go back in time to assassinate someone who would someday become a murderer or assassin or terrorist, would you?

...goes back in time to kill someone who went back in time to kill someone else who went back in time to kill someone else who went back in time to...oh never mind.

Ct_red_pants said:

I have read this 3 times, and I still can't make sence of it.

I was not aware that I had it worded it so that reading it would hurt your brain, but...

ravage said:

Dumboy, you owe me 2 brain cells. That's all I had left.

I don't think he has that much to spare. I mean, he needs at least one.

DooMBoy said:

Now here's a good question: If you could go back in time to assassinate someone who would someday become a murderer or assassin or terrorist, would you?

Watch the movie "The Last Supper" for your response to that question...

since then YOU will be the killer, perhaps you will go back in time to kill yourself. (and I don't mean Doomboy, I'm speaking rhetorically)
Linda Hamilton shows up at her own door "Sarah Connor?" hehe

Doesn't make you any better than the murderer if you go back in time to kill him\her.

On the other hand I would go back in time and kill Bin Laden. Killing one person is nothing compared to killing many (i forgot the exact count from the Sep 11th attack)

Yet i don't really have a killer instinct so no.

I wouldn't kill Adolf Hitler or Bin Laden. I know it would prevent millions from dying, but who knows what would've happened if people like that would be assasinated. Way too risky.

BlueSonnet said:

On the other hand I would go back in time and kill Bin Laden. Killing one person is nothing compared to killing many (i forgot the exact count from the Sep 11th attack)

Killing Bin Laden wouldn't have prevented that.

DooMBoy said:

There's an episode of Red Dwarf that deals with this - in that case, (accidentally) preventing JFK from being killed.

DooMBoy said:

What if the person you went to kill killed someone who would have otherwise been the next Hitler?

fraggle said:

What if the person you went to kill killed someone who was the next Hitler?

über good point!

DooMBoy said:

So should I go back in time and kill myself for being an assassin who kills assassins?

the_Danarchist said:

I don't think he has that much to spare. I mean, he needs at least one.

I would make a comeback here, but the fact that you made an immature, idiotic reply means that I don't have to.

Certainly not, it would be a pointless and arrogant thing to attempt to do, even if it were possible, IMHO.

And as others on this thread have pointed out, the time travel aspect adds a whole lot of other problems. By doing this (if it is in fact possible), you wouldn't just be putting a bullet through the so-called "bad guy", you'd be putting a bullet through reality. Not something I'd reccomend under any circumstances.

Thank god we closed all the quran and judgement day threads so we can put all our energy in incredibly smart and useful threads like these. :-)

Actually, these forums belong to DooMBoy (note how his nick resembles the domain name.)

Funny thing is, I closed the JD thread just in case, cause of the mod threat due to the silly bantering going on... and then comes the mod and randomly dumps it in that unreadable hole.