Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DNSKILL5

Richard Donner to Direct Lethal Weapon 5, at the age of 91!

Not sure how many here are Lethal Weapon fans, but... Like the title says. Read about it here.

In my opinion, Lethal Weapon 4 was already a good way to end the series, so I’m curious to see where this goes. 

What do you think? 

Man, why does every good series have to be run into the ground until it’s a zombie like shell of it’s former self? Happens to nearly every good series, I swear..

Yeah, I really hope they at least don’t just shoehorn the two into the movie as glorified cameos, but that’s likely what’ll be the case. I also just don’t see the point. They’d both be too old to actually be cops at this point in their careers, not just as actors but in the Lethal Weapon universe... they’re now both too old for this shit. 

3 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Man, why does every good series have to be run into the ground until it’s a zombie like shell of it’s former self? Happens to nearly every good series, I swear..

Hollywood executives need to get drug and alimony money, somehow. Same thing happened to terminator and Rambo. Just keep milking that metaphorical money cow. Cynicism at it’s finest.

29 minutes ago, Marn said:

Kinda interested to see how a movie directed by a 91 year old turns out tbh. Is there a precedent for someone this old directing a movie?

Portuguese director Manoel de Oliveira, born in 1908 died in 2015 and released his last full length in 2013, his last short in 2014 and his last documentary in 2015.

from his Wikipedia page:

Beginning in the late 1980s he was one of the most prolific working film directors and made an average of one film per year past the age of 100. In March 2008 he was reported to be the oldest active film director in the world. He was also the only filmmaker whose active career spanned from the silent era to the digital age.

Oh my god! They all seem to be at it. You probably all know about the new Bill & Ted movie? Keanu and Alex are not teenagers any more. It may well be a total cringefest.

Wasn't aware that another Lethal Weapon was being made as well - Mel & Danny are no spring chickens any more either. I'll probably watch it though...

Let's just hope they don't resurrect Max Rockatansky...