Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DownloadTheseSweetViruses

Bizarre Multiplayer Stories

There was a bug in early versions Odamex that would spawn cyberdemons in CTF maps at point (0,0) due to an overflow. You would be playing a match and then a cyberdemon would spawn in the lava pit of zdctf map08. Awesome bug! We were sad to see it fixed because it was hilarious.

1 hour ago, Hekksy said:

There was a bug in early versions Odamex that would spawn cyberdemons in CTF maps at point (0,0) due to an overflow. You would be playing a match and then a cyberdemon would spawn in the lava pit of zdctf map08. Awesome bug! We were sad to see it fixed because it was hilarious.

That sounds like a terrifying glitch.

I remember the time when i was playing with 2000 of ping teleporting all the time

Wait, this happens all the times that i want to play multiplayer xD

1 hour ago, URROVA said:

I remember the time when i was playing with 2000 of ping teleporting all the time

Wait, this happens all the times that i want to play multiplayer xD

Damn. I didn't know ping could go that high! Even worse than mine, (mines so bad that when I play TF2 it looks like my foes are just kinda swimming in the air.

Once time I was playing in a ZDaemon server, someone's was talking about having diarrhea... Yeah, pretty casual

On 10/21/2020 at 6:19 AM, Doomkid said:

LOL, this would have just been a bot. Those bots have been around for damn near 20 years, as have the utterly moronic chat strings that come with them... If someone has a ping of - or 0, and in Zandronum if they have a little "helmet icon" next to their name, they're just a bot. Just to give someone something to shoot at before actual players join.

I did not knew this at first. Zaedemon has Bots with realistc names and even what looks like clan tags, and one of them told me if I wanted to join their clan... yeah the rest is history.

LOL, don't worry Endless - the number of people who thought bots were real that I've seen is hilarious. When I first encountered bots way back when, I thought they were real players too at first..

Oooh boy, funny multiplayer encounters.. I have had a few haha. A while back I had joined a deathmatch server on Zdaemon and there were two other players. I join in but they start telling me they were dueling, when they were in an FFA server instead. (Has happened on multiple occasions)

Another time I was playing DM and I shot a rocket at another player's feet.. They went flying and I bust out laughing while running around killing lol. Little frags like that are just glorious! That remains one of my favorite moments in gaming actually.

27 minutes ago, Endless said:

I did not knew this at first. Zaedemon has Bots with realistc names and even what looks like clan tags, and one of them told me if I wanted to join their clan... yeah the rest is history.

LMAO I have seen bots say that line many times too

My favorite story is this: playing brutal doom than all of a sudden. 5k ping. Fun. Somehow zandronum didn’t even kick me.

40 minutes ago, Robot J said:

My favorite story is this: playing brutal doom than all of a sudden. 5k ping. Fun. Somehow zandronum didn’t even kick me.

That reminded me of a similar story. Also Playing Zandronum but with a different mod. I think it might have been Complex Doom but not sure. Playing against a powered-up cybie in a Map. Then a guy pulled out his strongest weapon and spammed it on the cybie. The cybie died. The new projectiles spawning in raises everyone's ping through the roof. Everyone starts laggging and then everyone in the server gets kicked for too many missed packets. It didn't happen at the same time but I was able to stay unkicked long enough to see it happen to a few others. When I immedietly rejoined the server there was like only 2 people but then the others quickly rejoined in a matter of seconds. It was the same group. That was amusing.

George Washington, I remember playing against you a couple times on the Lounge DM server. I have used more than one name in deathmatch from time to time, so I can’t recall what my name was then when we played, but I do think I remember chasing you around with a chainsaw a few times. 

I saw this thread and thought I’d share an old ST story that I’ll likely always remember. It was a co-op thing where they made Wolfenstein 3D into an online game basically, and there was at least 5 people playing, myself included, and also a friend was playing locally in my house with me on a separate computer. It was on that level where there’s a load of SS guards behind barrels in a narrow hallway, and I was standing right where the way out is and this guy couldn’t get around me for whatever reason and kept typing in “Dude move” “C’mon Douche, move!” and the 16 year old I was at the time chose to type in “what? are you afraid of the SS?” And he replied “Look I just want to play”. ..

“Look I just want to play” has become an inside joke between me and that friend all because that guy said that. No idea why we both can remember that so vividly. We often say it when we really mean we want to get out of whatever situation we’re stuck in together lol. And yes, I did move out of the way, after he was killed by the SS guards... sorry whoever you were all those years ago lol.