Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
we're closed

Destruction Rush (A Doom II, but Ultimate Doom in heart techbase)

The naming process took quite a little time (less than a minute, ngl). So here you go, my newest map called "Destruction Rush". Use those goddamn barrels on the little squishies throughout the map.

Edited by we're closed

Kills      60%

Secrets 25%

Time:    5:54

No deaths

Texturing was absolutely fine although I'm not the best to consult about that (you can tell by my overly aggressive playstyle).  The connected feel, and non-linearity was on point as well, BUT this is also a downside since I was able to complete this map with less than 80% kills which is a disservice to you the mapper because a lot of these areas can easily be skipped even without having a speedrunners mentality.  The monster placement was pretty well rounded as well, the traps were quite balanced (unlike my traps in where I absolutely try to kill you), and it truly felt like what Ultimate DOOM would feel like with a DOOM II twist on it.  If that was your goal YOU achieved it very well!  Ammo balance was damn good if you ask me, BUT, the nonlinearity somewhat makes certain pickups irrelevant (even though this is just a personal issue) because you can either purposely skip sections or not even know certain other areas exist (again a person issue on my part).

Great work!

FDA Demo below

DR-FDA.zip

My boy Elio's at it again with another slick, fun little techbase map. I somehow missed a lot of demons, but I really enjoyed it. I'll have to play it again to try and find what I missed, so I'll give it another spin tomorrow and edit my post accordingly.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Mr. LBN said:

Kills      60%

Secrets 25%

Time:    5:54

No deaths

Texturing was absolutely fine although I'm not the best to consult about that (you can tell by my overly aggressive playstyle).  The connected feel, and non-linearity was on point as well, BUT this is also a downside since I was able to complete this map with less than 80% kills which is a disservice to you the mapper because a lot of these areas can easily be skipped even without having a speedrunners mentality.  The monster placement was pretty well rounded as well, the traps were quite balanced (unlike my traps in where I absolutely try to kill you), and it truly felt like what Ultimate DOOM would feel like with a DOOM II twist on it.  If that was your goal YOU achieved it very well!  Ammo balance was damn good if you ask me, BUT, the nonlinearity somewhat makes certain pickups irrelevant (even though this is just a personal issue) because you can either purposely skip sections or not even know certain other areas exist (again a person issue on my part).

Great work!

FDA Demo below

DR-FDA.zip

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

My boy Elio's at it again with another slick, fun little techbase map. I somehow missed a lot of demons, but I really enjoyed it. I'll have to play it again to try and find what I missed, so I'll give it another spin tomorrow and edit my post accordingly.

Thank you both for the feedback, those enemies were actually in a secret, but punishing the player for not finding a simple secret is too much to lose all those kills, so I made the secret door even more noticeable as well as added a fix for not finding it (you'd still miss like 5 kills at most) I am updating the op rn

Another pretty good map from you :D 

Im not going to write a long feedback but want to mention some things

1. Thats only outdoor area for me was the best oart of the level

2. This level reminds me a lot of ultimate doom map and i love it.

3. Need some more monster and some teleport traps, fights are somethimes boring and player expect what happend next, but some traps are creative.

4. Just overall deco was nice - some room was maybe too blank but looked nice

I dont find any bugs (thats nice)

Nah im giving 8/10 

(And also i hope you sometime make a full 32 level megawad from all your maps :D)

fun map you made here, i liked the aesthetic of it, but because of the music, i got more of a TNT vibe [music does that to me]

i liked the parts in the floor that had missing tiles, really well made there.

because i ran out of shells early on, let me tell you, it is not fun at all fighting a revenant with a pistol.

a good fun few minutes to be had! good job!

Spoiler
14 hours ago, waciej said:

Another pretty good map from you :D 

Im not going to write a long feedback but want to mention some things

1. Thats only outdoor area for me was the best oart of the level

2. This level reminds me a lot of ultimate doom map and i love it.

3. Need some more monster and some teleport traps, fights are somethimes boring and player expect what happend next, but some traps are creative.

4. Just overall deco was nice - some room was maybe too blank but looked nice

I dont find any bugs (thats nice)

Nah im giving 8/10 

(And also i hope you sometime make a full 32 level megawad from all your maps :D)

Thanks for the review! And thanks for the appreciation of the outdoor area, I really pushed my luck there, since it was the first time I tried a proper outdoor rocky environment. And I'm glad it reminds you of ultimate doom.

Spoiler
14 hours ago, Clippy said:

Thanks for the video! You got sooooo close to that secret near the GRAYDANG texture, but missed it by a couple of map units (it was the differently colored wall). I liked the video tho!

Spoiler
13 hours ago, Deathclaw886 said:

fun map you made here, i liked the aesthetic of it, but because of the music, i got more of a TNT vibe [music does that to me]

i liked the parts in the floor that had missing tiles, really well made there.

because i ran out of shells early on, let me tell you, it is not fun at all fighting a revenant with a pistol.

a good fun few minutes to be had! good job!

And thank you for the review! I felt like a TNT music would suit this map better, especially from that explosive secret (dunno if u managed to find it) and kudos for pistoling a revenant XD. Thank you!!