Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reefer

Best Final Doom OSTs?

I want to know what in your opinion are the best Doom 1, 2, Evilution, and Plutonia OSTs :)

My favorites are:

Doom 1 E1M9 "Hiding the Secrets"

Doom 2 M1/M15 "Running from Evil" 

Doom 1 E1M3 "Dark Halls" 

Plutonia 2 M21 "Assassin"  

9 minutes ago, Asgore_89 said:

I'm glad that I found someone who loves Running from Evil, super rare.

Running is my favourite too,  it's not popular with a lot of people as its used so much. 

Heres a excellent remix (without guitar) 

Kvee has a nice collection of wicked remixes. 

Doom 1 - E1M4 - Kitchen Ace

Doom 1 - E3M2 - Intermission from Doom

Doom 2 - Map 10 - The Demon's dead

Doom 2 - Map 09 - Into Sandy's city

TNT soundtrack is just perfect. The TNT exclusive tracks are amazing, and the ones repeated from Doom 2 fit the maps without problem.

map01: Sadistic is a great opener. Punchy and awesome like At Doom's Gate and Running from Evil.

map02:Smell like a Burning Corpse is one of the best tracks ever. Grundge-ey and hard.

map04: Death Bells, most atmospheric track ever. The sense of impeding doom is just woahh!

Countdown to Death doesn't get enough love.
Cold Subtleness is hands down the best track out of any commercial Doom wad.

1 hour ago, Silhou3tte said:

TNT, Horizon- map 15. Best midi track in that entire megawad.

Horizon plays on MAP20: Central Processing. 

My favourite has to be Death's Bells. Wormhole is one of the best combinations of music and level ever.

Doom II Text Screen music deserves a mention because it is amazing, but most people never hear more than 10 seconds of it.  

For Doom 1: Demons on the Prowl (E1M7), Sign of Evil (E1M8), They're Going To Get You (E2M4), Deep Into The Code (E3M3), The End of Doom (text-screen)

For Doom 2: DOOM (MAP05), Shawn's Got The Shotgun (MAP07), Into Sandy's City (MAP09), The Demon's Dead (MAP10), Endgame (text-screen)

For Evilution: Sadistic (MAP01), Death's Bells (MAP04), More (MAP05), Cold Subtleness (MAP14), Horizon (MAP20)

For Plutonia*: Death Mask (MAP01), Jade Empire (MAP03), Seasons of Insanity (MAP07), Fire Hive (MAP18), Ascension of Satan (MAP21)

*from the midi pack, obviously

I usually play final doom with the PSX soundtrack if I have a heavily modifiable source port in my hands, that or I play it on a PlayStation emulator

28 minutes ago, Keen World said:

I usually play final doom with the PSX soundtrack if I have a heavily modifiable source port in my hands, that or I play it on a PlayStation emulator

The best Final Doom OST. 

Dang. Looking at these I'll have to play TNT Evilution sometime XD. Also, the PSX(PS1) soundtrack isn't bad but doesn't have the classics OSTs imo.

Open Season from Final Doom for me. I know we all love the classic MIDI metal tracks, they're great fun, but the atmospheric mood pieces that break those moments up are what really shine for me. Same goes for Containment Area or Unholy Cathedral from Doom. For Doom II, as a big AiC fan I'm gonna have to say Barrels 'o Fun, though Doom II has plenty of great atmospheric pieces like The Factory or Courtyard.

"Doom" + Generaluser GS

"Demon's Dead" + Synergi GS

Plutonia 2 isn't in Final Doom. OP got me confused for a moment.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:52 AM, Swordofdanu said:

Running is my favourite too,  it's not popular with a lot of people as its used so much. 

I love this one as well although I understand why people are probably tired of it. After like ~25 years of hearing the same song over and over (and much more frequently than other songs I'd imagine) it's bound to get on people's nerves. Personally though, I love the solo over the 2nd half of the song, it's just so energizing. I've come to appreciate it even more when coming across covers of it on YouTube - it seems like a really tough passage to memorize and play on the guitar.

Here's one of the cleanest renditions of the solo I've come across:

An odd one that hasn't been mentioned yet, but I've always liked "Soldier of Chaos," the map 7 music from TNT Evilution. Strangest bass line I can think of, but oddly remarkable. 

As for Ultimate Doom, I like "Dark Halls" for its eerie yet strangely chill mood, and for Doom II... never been as big a fan of its default soundtrack, but I'm kind of partial to "Shawn's Got the Shotgun."

Ultimate Doom - "Facing the Spider"

Doom II - "The Dave D. Taylor Blues"

TNT: Evilution - "Soldier of Chaos"

The Plutonia Experiment - "Always Watching"

NICE!!!

But I do have to mention Genocide Motor (from Valiant)'s OST and map 20 from Alien Vendetta, not official wads but I wanted to mention them. 

1 hour ago, Asgore_89 said:

NICE!!!

But I do have to mention Genocide Motor (from Valiant)'s OST and map 20 from Alien Vendetta, not official wads but I wanted to mention them. 

AV MAP20 music is fantastic and works so well with that pyramid level, always wondered where it came from.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:26 AM, Asgore_89 said:

I want to know what in your opinion are the best Doom 1, 2, Evilution, and Plutonia OSTs :)

My favorites are:

Doom 1 E1M9 "Hiding the Secrets"

Doom 1 E1M3 "Dark Halls" 

Plutonia 2 M21 "Assassin"  

D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, D_RUNNIN, and D_RUNNIN.

On 1/3/2021 at 8:33 AM, <<Rewind said:

Plutonia 2 isn't in Final Doom. OP got me confused for a moment.

Oops, sorry. I'm going to include it anyway because Plutonia is cool XD. Also, what's OP?

6 hours ago, Asgore_89 said:

what's OP?

Stands for Original Poster. Basically, who made the thread.