Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

What Kind of Car/Motor Vehicle Do You Drive?

I still drive my first car. Hyundai Tiburon 2003. It's the poor mans little sports coupe and I love it.

I've modified the headers, exhaust, manifolds, cams, higher compression pistons, tune etc to make it a fun ride. It was a shitty and expensive undertaking with an array of issues afterwards but I got it done.

If I put half the effort and investment on another car, I would have recieved twice the performance. But I'm attached to this vehicle which isn't commonly seen on the road, it's quite unique.

20160703_132718-1.jpg

I currently drive a 2019 Honda Fit. I had previously driven a 2006 Toyota Scion Xa. That was a really reliable ol' hunk of junk, despite its age. Reliable, low maintenance and decent gas mileage.

For taking the kids to school, shopping etc. (and just because we live in the countryside), one of these:

1920px-2007_Land_Rover_Freelander_TD_2.0

And for fun, one of these:

1920px-Yamaha_FZS_1000S_Fazer.jpg

And for REALLY fun, one of these:

1920px-SuzukiHayabusa2008.jpg

@Chezza That's cool - did you get the one with the totally unnecessary (and weirdly slow) 2.7l V6? Or was that only on the later models? Those Tiburons (or Coupes, as they're known here) always seemed like a fair alternative to the seventh generation Celica that I had, but stayed on sale way later than that did.

3 hours ago, Phobus said:

@Chezza That's cool - did you get the one with the totally unnecessary (and weirdly slow) 2.7l V6? Or was that only on the later models? Those Tiburons (or Coupes, as they're known here) always seemed like a fair alternative to the seventh generation Celica that I had, but stayed on sale way later than that did.

Cheers. Yup, the 2.7l V6 slow Tiburon. Old fashion engine but also the headers and manifolds choke the airflow. The mods has notably improved airflow but weight reduction would also be a big help. It's not a terribly well designed machine, but aesthetically I think it's amazing.

On 1/28/2020 at 11:30 PM, Grazza said:

Volvo S80 2.5T AWD - a vehicle best known for its crash test videos, but it's very reliable, excellent in winter conditions and rarely short of power.

I like these volvos a lot. They look amazing in blue! Myself I have a 2002 Volvo S60 2.4T. Somehow I like the straight back of the S80 better though. Wanna switch? =D
Also got an old 2stroke motorcycle that I plan to register this year. Might exchange it for a lada sometime or just plain sell it, though.

IMG_20190902_175844.jpg

IMG_20200910_183537.jpg

b737c2e641964729a3f5a0dd16dd14de.jpg

So actually I have a car now because my work is 10 miles away. It's a 2007 Hyundai Sonata. Hoping to get a Mini Cooper someday, I love those little buggers. 

Volkswagen Jetta

18 hours ago, Chezza said:

Hyundai Tiburon 2003

This car has dated pretty well

Good site to check out if you're looking for a new used car.   And want a good year or to avoid bad years/models.  Or just laugh about your own car.

http://carcomplaints.com

I've seen cars marked Seal of Awesome, Seal of Pretty Good, Clunker, and Avoid Like the Plague.

19 hours ago, Chezza said:

Cheers. Yup, the 2.7l V6 slow Tiburon. Old fashion engine but also the headers and manifolds choke the airflow. The mods has notably improved airflow but weight reduction would also be a big help. It's not a terribly well designed machine, but aesthetically I think it's amazing.

I'm with you on that - it's a great-looking car. Sounds like you've brought the performance up to near where it really wants to be as well - great stuff.

@Gokuma Unfortunately my current car isn't on there at all, but the Celica was about what I was expecting!

Now I have a Forud Focus car, I really like it and I like to drive it, but now I have problems with the gearbox, because of this, I studied a lot of information from this site https://at-manuals.com/ in order to reinstall my gearbox, since I I can no longer wait until I start driving my favorite car again.

Edited by Zize55

18 minutes ago, Zize55 said:

Forud

Surely you're not talking about the little-known automobile manufacturer based out of a village in Iran with the same name?

Peugeot 206 CC in Black.

Wanted a dark blue one back than but could not find one.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:59 PM, Doom_Dude said:

2018 Honda Fit. Don't have a picture. *shrugs*

My man.

I got a 2020 Fit, handles well and parks like a dream.

Our other car is a...

roqpRFN.jpg

At Kathline Rock, Utah.

I recently had a chance to get a shot of this vehicle in almost the identical spot at White Sands as the Volvo picture I posted earlier:

On 1/28/2020 at 4:30 PM, Grazza said:

BfCYbhu.jpg

Hard to say why I didn't "take the shot", other than the fact that my hand was bleeding from just having pumped some air into one of the tyres.

I have a 2004 Buick Rainier (basically a re-badged Chevy Trailblazer) in forest green.  I got it because it's easy for me to get into and out of with my bad knees.

1999 Sonoma (S10) that so far i modified the air intake on and will probably do more with.  Got a Mazda RX-8 coming soon though too so that's going to be fun.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:10 PM, Doritos420 said:

My man.

I got a 2020 Fit, handles well and parks like a dream.

and is fairly easy on the fuel. :D

I really like electric cars. I really like the Tesla Model S and Tesla Model Y. I think they are some of the most beautiful in the Tesla lineup. Unfortunately, I can't afford these cars. Right now I have a 2007 JMC Baowei SUV. I recently bought a 5th wheel pin box for my car and now I can drive in the most dangerous places without worrying that I might get stuck somewhere with a flat tire.

Edited by AnasteishaBuckovsky

Unfortunately, I am no longer able to drive due to the painkillers I take for my Chronic Pain Syndrome. I would be DUI if I tried to drive. However, when I last drove, I drove a 2007 Honda Ridgeline - finest vehicle I ever owned. My son drives it now, and its legacy lives on.

My wife now drives me around in her 2014 Subaru Outback. I recommend it as well.

I don't own a car, but living on a farm we have a varied selection of vehicles. My parents just bought a brand new Ford Edge, yesterday. Looks interesting but it seems to have all the modern features I hate the most (push start instead of key, rearview camera on the dash screen instead of being projected in the mirror WHERE IT BELONGS, etc.). It should be a pleasant drive once I get used to those annoyances.

We've got a 70s Chevy Tandem that runs on propane. Probably my favourite standard transmission vehicle.

By the time my dad was my age he'd already had at least five cars. I'm still at zero.

I have an unexplained, indefensible hatred of Toyota that comes from nowhere. I will never purchase any vehicle that bears its brand.

My job requires periodic travel, for which I invariably need to rent a car. As a result, I have driven all sorts of vehicles. Last month I had a shot at driving an Infiniti Q50 sedan, but another customer got to it before me. I ended up with an SUV. Another time I almost got a Volvo, but had to settle for a piece o' shit that the rental agent touted as a "specialty car".

Years ago I got upgraded to a Ford Mustang convertible. It wasn't bad. Another time I got upgraded to a BMW roadster, which was a pretty sweet ride. [My regular rental stunk of weed when I picked it up, and the upgrade was probably by way of apology.] One time I got upgraded to a Lincoln Towncar, which rode smooth as silk.

Mostly, however, I rent middle-of-the-road sedans. My preference is for Toyota Camrys, Honda Accords, and Hyundai Sonata, all of which have excellent gas mileage.