Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DCG Retrowave

DOOM 87 (Beta Release) Demos [-complevel 2]

This upcoming vanilla DOOM II megawad currently has a 21-map beta release available.  While some of these maps are likely to have some minor changes in the full 32-map megawad, they are in a fully playable state that should be fairly accurate representations of these maps in the final release.  For this reason, I thought it might be fun to try some casual speedruns, pacifist runs, and even nightmare runs.  Since this mapset is designed for vanilla DOOM II, all demos should be recorded in a vanilla-compatible source port such as PrBoom+ or Crispy Doom with the "-complevel 2" parameter.  If you're using Chocolate Doom or the original DOS executable (I play on a DOS PC :D), these will be fully compatible already, obviously :D

I'm very curious to see some demos from other players!  I'm already aware of some major shortcuts in a few maps and I've beaten 10 of these maps UV Pacifist before.  I'll post some demos very soon too :D

Download link for "DOOM 87: The Lost World (Beta Release)"

https://doomshack.org/uploads/D87BETA.ZIP

Just got to say that if you want people to speedrun a wad, you should have the final release before getting speedrunners to record demos, as sometimes changes made can cause desyncs.

On 1/16/2021 at 8:20 PM, Bob9001 said:

Just got to say that if you want people to speedrun a wad, you should have the final release before getting speedrunners to record demos, as sometimes changes made can cause desyncs.

I mentioned above that this is mainly for casual runs and getting some practice before the final release (coming in a few months).  I'm fully aware that even the slightest change can cause a demo to desync.  I've seen this happen a lot with the demos in the WAD itself because every time I make a slight change to one of those maps, Doomguy stops making sense :D