Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eric Claus

Glaive series demos [-complevel 2]

Glaive

Glaive 2

Warglaive aka War Glaive

Glaive 3

I looked around and not sure if this goes here, but I think my Glaive Map 4 run might actually be invalid due to comp level being set.  I used complevel 9 as at the time I generally equated complevel 9 and boom with "limit removing" but have learned since then that is not always the case for a given wad even if it is newer.  I have tested Glaive 2 in Crispy Doom and it seems to work fine, and I imagine Glaive 1 works as well.  Just want to make sure I am not crazy here as I would like to do more runs and demos for those mapsets and want to make sure I am not producing improper comp level demos of them by simple ignorance.  I have read the guides again and I think I have this all figured out going forward.  If this isn't a big deal then I apologize for wasting anyone's time I am just making sure what I have been submitting is accurate and valid.  Thank you!

Edited by Maribo

Glaive Map 4 UV Max 2:10

glaivem4m-210.zip

I decided I would revisit this level after figuring I may have had an improper complevel with PrBoom the last time, and I knew I could do better on the time anyway on a more valid run with Crispy Doom.  I managed to smash it down to 2:10 and I am pretty sure sub 2m is easily possible as I noticed a few jitters that could have cost me some time, and a better "route" through this short map could optimize easily.  I tried to get sub 2 minutes but despite quite a few tries I noticed I was getting sloppy and dying alot so decided to leave it at my 2:10 time for now and come back fresh.  I love these Glaive and Glaive 2 maps!

Glaive

Map 01 UV Max 2:13

glaivem1m-213.zip

More Glaive action, pretty straightforward.  I got the route figured out as it is pretty linear, but the frustrating part are the boxes.  With this corrected run I took it a bit more slowly and it definitely saved time then trying to do movement I wasn't good at, probably some no monster parkour practice on the box part for the secret would be good to get the time down further.  This seems to be the time I am stuck at until I get those figured out or find some better way to get the monsters infighting.

This is a re-recording using -skill 4 to force UV.  Usually my launcher works fine but something got screwy.  This should be good now let me know if anything is odd again.

Glaive

Map01 UV Max in 1:10.97

glaive01m110.zip

Map01 NM Speed in 36.20

glaive01n036.zip

Map02 UV Max in 1:33.06

glaive02m133.zip

Map03 UV Max in 1:31.17

glaive03m131.zip

Map04 UV Max in 1:00.83

glaive04m100.zip

----------------------------------

to @EANB: I played this against my friends in a 25-min blind race between 2020 and 2021. Technically it takes me 2 years to finish it :P  Anyway, it's a pretty fun short mapset and some of the maps are pretty challenging to play without foreknowledge. I probably will run the later maps, and I did put a bit effort into these, so I hope you enjoy.

2 hours ago, Maribo said:

Sorry, I can't get this to play, spits out an error saying it's incompatible with Doom 2. Any ideas?

Don't have a clue... It works well on my dsda-doom v0.18.0 cl2.

26 minutes ago, liveincity said:

Don't have a clue... It works well on my dsda-doom v0.18.0 cl2.

Confirming it works for me in prboom+ 2.5.1.4 as well. 

Sorry, I figured it out. prboom+ 2.6um was attempting to autoload glaive.wad without loading the doom2 iwad first.... which is strange, first time I've ever had it do that. My mistake, very nice run. :)

WarGlaive

Map 1 UV Max 1:36

warm1max-136.zip

Checking out EANB's newer scythe-like warglaive, and putting up a UV Max of map 1 to fill the chart.  Fun level that tests your punching with interesting encounters.

Glaive 3

Map 01 UV Max in 1:33 

gl301m133.zip

Map 01 Nomonsters in 15.34

gl301o15.zip

Map 02 UV Pacifist in 18.51

gl302p18.zip

Map 02 Nomonsters in 16.91

gl302o16.zip

Map 03 UV Pacifist in 15.97

gl303p15.zip

Map 03 Nomonsters in 10.06

gl303o10.zip

Map 04 Nomonsters in 39.66

gl304o39.zip

Map 05 UV Pacifist in 18.80

gl305p18.zip

Map 05 Nomonsters in 22.43

gl305o22.zip

Map 06 Nomonsters in 23.40

gl306o23.zip

Map 08 Nomonsters in 19.69

gl308o19.zip

Map 09 UV Pacifist in 20.49

gl309p20.zip

Map 09 Nomonsters in 21.91 (including a dnf demo showing lift trick)

gl309o21.zip

Map 10 Nomonsters in 49.57

gl310o49.zip