Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

On 12/19/2020 at 4:28 AM, ChopBlock223 said:

A microwave oven, because sector furniture/appliances are fun. Feel free to use.

While you're at it, take the fridge texture too.

The dimensions for these are 40x20 map units for the microwave oven, and 40x32 units for the refridgerator. The black space on the side of the fridge texture is because Vanilla and Boom/PrBoom+ doesn't like texture widths which aren't the power of two (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, etc), which I learned the hard way. Well, actually, it'll straight up let you get away with using a 63 wide texture for your sky [no it won't, actually], which I was pretty surprised by after having seen it not tolerate it with wall textures, I assume it doesn't abide by the same rules.

FRIDGEA2.png

Edited by ChopBlock223

We got to install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We got to move these refrigerators
We got to move these color TVs

Edited by YouAreTheDemons

The discoloring wear around the edges on the colored crate variants is great. Other texture doodlers, take note.

5 hours ago, kwc said:

Edit: Bonus strange dark procedural tech textures
982326659_spritesheet(5).png.7d4c8963c21303696333dcd4c0dceb1b.png

Perhaps you should make one from a 6502, 8086, Z80, or whatever, and see if anybody notices :p

On 12/19/2020 at 10:50 PM, YouAreTheDemons said:

We got to install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We got to move these refrigerators
We got to move these color TVs

MONEY FOR NOTHING

AND CHICKS FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

22 hours ago, kwc said:

Also, @Gifty @Smouths @NiGHTMARE I want to poke at you guys and ask if you've been up to anything lately, miss seeing your work.

Gee, thanks! Haven't been doing much texture stuff lately, but happy to know my work is being missed. I've been enjoying your stuff a lot in the meantime; maybe Ukiro's awesome vids will inspire me to get back on the horse!

Everyone's new stuff looks awesome!

@kwc Fantastic work on those crates and techwalls!

I haven't been up to much of anything Doom related for a bit, and probably won't be for a while, unfortunately.

Here's a few (unfinished?) textures from October though- I didn't pay much attention to the spacing on the panel one, so it'd likely be a pain to actually use.

gratepan.png.9e1b04a7c9dc311f519d9e2571cd07f5.pnggryrock.png.6c4e3c4628eebc8307465f32f2b1529c.pngbrnrck2.png.02330cbfb8b4986e288c33173a3b8257.pnggryrock2.png.a9e0c20d6391ecd774cbebb28ea182ce.pngrdrock2.png.f045df4044f1272d2b0933515cdf566f.png (earthy-stoney material made out of dead sunflower photos lol)

Funny enough, I found these ugly SKIN2-edit tentacles I did 12ish years ago- though they might work better as hanging sprites.

SKNV0_01.png.be87f365fe9fbed4258d06d29eeae6e2.pngSKNV0_02.png.3eb26ac9322aa6742045552d15b7f9bb.png

Edited by Smouths

On 12/26/2020 at 9:56 PM, kwc said:

@CherryMvffins Fantastic sense of depth on that door, these look great!

Also, @Gifty @Smouths @NiGHTMARE I want to poke at you guys and ask if you've been up to anything lately, miss seeing your work.

No, sadly not. I've not done anything Doom-related for the last couple of months - been more into playing than modding recently (the four games I've played most recently are Disco Elysium, Control, Cyberpunk, and Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I got more engrossed with the indie DE than the three "AAA" games).

On 1/6/2021 at 9:41 PM, Gez said:

You know who never got a MARBFACE, despite supposedly being a big deal in Hellspawn society?

An evil spiky horned cat?

I'm looking into assembling a custom texture pack from various sources. Is it safe to assume anything from here can be used (With proper credits)?

14 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I'm looking into assembling a custom texture pack from various sources. Is it safe to assume anything from here can be used (With proper credits)?

Feel free to use my textures. Also I'm pretty sure this applies to every textures posted in here as well. :P

21 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

When your pack is gonna come out? I want try it

1 hour ago, SilverMiner said:

When your pack is gonna come out? I want try it

I don't know. I plan to assemble something for my next community project, but I want to wait a few months before it.

Here are some textures I made for a Deathmatch Pack I am making.

Spoiler

actualad.png.97001067ebb8d78ec75b47bea740ccc2.pngadvill.png.1c6681356b8c4848d6da0898baa6b485.pngbillboard.png.fd6a8448fdd555070f45d42b04f02106.pngcbtad.png.f12f0b5159b1b7f268a293d139d3ff07.pngsuckasslol.png.4d5383f238beec71c2020f283bea415f.pngwimpsign.png.69f110794db112e3c61f2a5e345a86b9.png

These are more so billboard textures. I really loved the idea of ads on DeathMatch maps, like Quake Live, that I wanted to make my own.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:58 PM, ViolentBeetle said:

I've used textures in a project (unfinished) from this thread. As long as you give credit, you're good to go.

Anybody can use whatever I post in here, that's for damned sure. ;)

On 1/6/2021 at 3:41 PM, Gez said:

You know who never got a MARBFACE, despite supposedly being a big deal in Hellspawn society? Today, this injustice ends.

iPLiYms.png

She seems so happy to be finally recognized!

Edit: alternate version without eye glow:

nGUxEhg.png

I think that without the mind its kinda hard to recognize the master :/

Anyway, excellent work as always!

This is my first time making textures. I used paint.net.

O7CZpGW.png

Sloppy, but alright. Not a switch, actually supposed to be just flesh eyes.

6wSCZgK.png

I liked the idea of corpses within the flesh, slowly being consumed by the hell growth.

FycHOcA.png

Basically just IOS teeth with a reddish hue.