Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

What kind of computer exterior to get

I'm thinking a Black monitor because black doesn't pop out like white, a windowed alluminum case becase it looks.. just awesome, and alluminum is cooler then plastic. A white keyboard because I'm going to have a blue neon light highlighting it and if it's black it just won't show all that much. On the other hand if the keyboard is black and I use a black light unstead of blue, the white letter's will show up better.

What do you guys think?...

Shapeless said:

What do you guys think?...

Whatever's cheapest.

I prefer to save money on exquisite casing and buy better insides instead.

If money is not a problem get whatever you like.

If things are a little tight, go for the guts like Lüt said. Good insides far outweigh a little prettiness.

Money is not a problem. I mean it's like $50 more for a winowed alluminum case and I can get the monitor and keyboard in black or white.

Why in the world would you want a case with a window in it? It doesn't serve any useful purpose ("hey look, my gfx card is still there") and it doesn't look especially aesthetically pleasing.

Well david the same reason someone would want a windowed washing machine...to look at all the pretty colours.

Because I think it looks cool especially if the lighting inside is blue like the latest batmobile.

Yeah, I saw on tech TV that you can buy clear cases with blue-lit fans in them. It looked pretty cool, but I'd probably turn off the blue lights after so many days of seeing them.

bah. dont get allumium. pointless. window?? um... better if you put it in yourself. black?? um... paint it.

An aluminum case with rounded edges and easy-access (sliding mount trays, etc) to the innards.

I could care less about pretty blue lights or whatever, but a good aluminum case is both functional (and better cooling) and elegant.

Shapeless said:

Because I think it looks cool especially if the lighting inside is blue like the latest batmobile.

Batmobiles come in colors? Since when?

I'd love an aluminum case with thumbscrews. I'm also trying to find out if I can get one of the Apple keyboards to work. It's USB, right? I just hate the way the keys on most Windows keyboards feel when you press. That, and the sound gets really annoying, given that I type about 85 wpm.

DC

If I had any machining talent at all, I'd buy a suitcase with wheels, brakes, and good shock absorption and add all the holes & mounts it would need to hold computer guts.

Those alumination cases are like giant heat syncs, very good for cooling , and the sliding drive bays are very nice. I just have some nice looking but cheap crap case.

I would get an alluminum monitor and keyboard to match, but they dont make em in alluminum just painted in a metalic colour with black keys.

Gokuma said:

Those alumination cases are like giant heat syncs, very good for cooling , and the sliding drive bays are very nice.

Yeah, and they're quite a bit lighter, too. That's important when you're a weakling like me.

DC