Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM Bear

Doomworld shower thoughts thread

32 minutes ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

How can a backpack be "full of ammo" and still have room for double the max ammo capacity?

Good question.

What did moths fly towards before we created articial light? And if they're attracted to light, why are they nocturnal? It's like a carnivore going to a vegan restaurant

35 minutes ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

How can a backpack be "full of ammo" and still have room for double the max ammo capacity?

Boring answer: because "X is full of Y" is a colloquialism to mean "Y is found in abundance in X".  It doesn't necessarily literally mean 100% of the capacity is taken up with the thing.

How many more times can I experience the butterfly effect?, There are things that are so simple, that have changed a lot in my life and that makes me wonder, how true is the butterfly effect?

I’ve always figured Eternal/Alexander S. was, in fact, a supercomputer designed for the sole purpose of creating doomy goodness. Kind of like Deepblue, but for a game that’s good (jk I like chess). Anyway, I think someone tripped over his power cable and unplugged him a while back. We need to plug it back in

...nevermind that I think about Eternal in the shower sometimes... his maps are just that groovy!

32 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

What would have happened if Light Yagami hadn't found the Death Note? @Deathclaw886?

Well, nobody will have died. this includes..... Spoiler alert!!

Spoiler

Soichiro Yagami, Naomi Misora, Light Yagami himself.... Misa Amane, L Lawliet [aka L... aka Ryuzaki], Rem, Mello, other characters which names i forgot, and thousands of criminals.

also, Light would have never met Misa, Misa would have never turned into a yandere, Ryuk would still be bored [and not to mention, he would have never been able to experience the glory that is an apple....poor guy] Light would have just been......normal....and bored.

and he would have never been able to eat a potato chip and open a pen epicly......

Ryuks new phrase would be, "Humans sure are........ meh..."

Edited by Deathclaw886

12 hours ago, AndrewB said:

One of the most unexpected events in human history will surely shock and confuse the world next week, but people should not be afraid.

What kind of unexpected event next week?

55 minutes ago, Chezza said:

What kind of unexpected event next week?

I did wonder that too but am hopping it is just deep philosophical statement on the state of world where each week is more strange than the last rather than a “you’ve always been alright, don’t come to school tomorrow” kinda thing XD

10 hours ago, DooM Bear said:

I did wonder that too but am hopping it is just deep philosophical statement on the state of world where each week is more strange than the last rather than a “you’ve always been alright, don’t come to school tomorrow” kinda thing XD

One of those cornerstone moments where the entire world stops what they're doing and tells their friends and family to turn on the TV right now. Think 9/11 but without the tragedy. Then after a few hours in bewilderment you'll remember that someone posted something all ominous sounding on DW forums. How could he possibly know? Did he just get lucky? It doesn't make sense.

45 minutes ago, N1ck said:

Why didn't we call sandpaper scratch paper?

That's something I have always wondered about, actually. Why is it even called sandpaper? In my native language it's called something like "burnish paper", which makes sense

39 minutes ago, cu2 said:

That's something I have always wondered about, actually. Why is it even called sandpaper? In my native language it's called something like "burnish paper", which makes sense

I would imagine it comes from the idea that it's a device that uses friction against a surface to smooth it. Much like sand is smoothed by the constant motion of waves, or wind in deserts, it breaks down rocks into a smooth very fine surface. It's earliest known uses were in China in the 1300's, where they glued coarse materials to paper, including crushed shells, seeds, and yes, sand, for a much finer grit in order to smooth wood and stone surfaces.

So the name makes sense, it's paper, with a substance glued to it, designed to finish a coarse surface down to a smooth surface; much like sand after it's been ground down from natural weathering.

And if you're scratching things with sandpaper, you're probably not using it right. It's not for scratching, it's for smoothing and removing imperfections.

Edited by Jello

On 1/14/2021 at 6:52 PM, Gaia74 said:

How many more times can I experience the butterfly effect?, There are things that are so simple, that have changed a lot in my life and that makes me wonder, how true is the butterfly effect?

What if every action is a butterfly effect?

1 minute ago, Lol 6 said:

Why is doom so awesome?

to quote John Romero....

"I think DOOM had just the right mix of elements that keep people coming back to it: great monsters, excellent weapons with great balance, a spooky environment and extreme speed."

that is probably why, and it is also the easiest way to commit a merciless genocide without feeling bad.

There is a small chance that you might be a descendant of say, Alexander the Great, or Diogenes, or Ozzy the Snowman, but you don't know it because there's no lineage documents about old af people like them, and no one goes around doing DNA tests, also, take in consideration that people like the british monarchs or indian monarchs had a LOT of children, which adds more to it, if you are european, you could be a direct descendant of Victoria and not even know it

26 minutes ago, Stahp said:

There is a small chance that you might be a descendant of say, Alexander the Great, or Diogenes, or Ozzy the Snowman, but you don't know it because there's no lineage documents about old af people like them, and no one goes around doing DNA tests, also, take in consideration that people like the british monarchs or indian monarchs had a LOT of children, which adds more to it, if you are european, you could be a direct descendant of Victoria and not even know it

i am actually the great great great great great nephew of Charles Lindbergh 

and here he is.

list-10-things-charles-lindbergh-2.jpg

Hi Uncle Charles.