Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amaster

Texture ettiquete

Ok, this ones's a little weird, but here goes.
Take a look at the pic below.
http://www26.brinkster.com/jmasihdas/
This is a map Im working on. As you can see. there are three MIDSPACE textures within the cross, the center texture is misaligned.

Now here's my question, I happen to like that "hole" thats made in the center. But I also know that the doom comunity is, apparently, a bunch of picky bastards. So, should I leave it like this? Or will that cause Hyena and others to come to my house and shoot me for releasing a wad that contains something they might possibly disagree with (Im just exagerating, of course)? What do you think, you whiners :P

Edit: I switched to a 640 X 480 image.

Ultraviolet said:

I don't see the problem. Why don't you take a screenshot at 640x480 at least?

I didnt want to slow down us modem users.

ravage said:

Why don't you just align the other lines with the middle one?

Well like I said, I happen to think that it looks kinda cool like that. But I dont know if this is considered a n00b mistake (it's my first attempt at something I plan to release).

Generally floating textures as such aren't considered misaligned unless they're entirely in the wrong spot (for instance if those bar textures were up in the green brick sectors). Misalignment that annoys me (usually it's an editor thing, regular players who don't map don't seem to notice/mind as much) would be like if you hadn't aligned those stone textures, so you're okay at least in my book hehe.

Can't speak for others of course.

Assmaster said:

I happen to like that "hole" thats made in the center...

So, should I leave it like this? Or will that cause Hyena and others...

You like it?

It's yours, keep it!

When you release your WAD, there will be people who don't like it, regardless of how good it is. There will also be people who like it.

It's YOUR wad, do what YOU want. That's the most important thing.

If other people like it too - bonus!

I would align the textures' Y-offset as well as bring the sides of the horizontal bar inward, for a perfect 5x3 cross.

It looks better like that, IMO.. you shouldn't care what the community is going to think, it's your creation.

What's wrong with it, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Keep up the good work dude.