Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Triloguy

Which console do you play doom on

Most of them play this game on a PC. But there is also the option (as you probably know) to play it on console.
Do you play Doom on a console? It must be a real series game (Doom, Doom 2, Doom 64, Doom 3, DOOM, Doom Eternal).
SO NOT freedoom.
But so on which console do you play a doom game?

Edited by Triloguy

I’d throw 64 in there -it’s essentially considered a sequel nowadays.

But to the topic at hand- for me it’s legitimately any console it’s worth peeping it out on. I’m a bit of a collector and have some retro stuff I still frequent. Out of all those I own Doom on SNES, 32X, PlayStation, 360, XONE, iOS, and Steam. Until the Xbox Live ports dropped I only ever played seriously

on PC. I started Dooming to begin with on PC back in ‘04 but since 2016 or so I usually just play on my Xbox or phone. 

EDIT: It is a sequel. 

Edited by CivilianM91

I still have the long box PS1 release I bought new and play it periodically.  Particularly to see how bad I can corrupt maps with lots of Lost Souls, as the maps can go haywire if you knock a glitched Lost Soul so far off the map it hits the boundaries.  The corruption that ensues is hilarious.

Switch for everything, except 2016 and Eternal.

13 hours ago, Triloguy said:

It must be a real series game (Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, DOOM, Doom Eternal).
SO NOT doom 64 OR freedoom.

I don't mean to be rude, but seriously? Of course Freedoom doesn't count, but 64 is a part of the series.

14 hours ago, Triloguy said:

Do you play Doom on a console? It must be a real series game (Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, DOOM, Doom Eternal).
SO NOT doom 64 OR freedoom.

Doom64 was produced by id Software as much as any other game you've mentioned in the list. Midway hay have been the developers but it's not like id just handed them the keys and vanished. Besides which, where do you think the Unmaykr came from in Eternal? Heck it even received a rerelease alongside Eternal on all platforms. Which given you are a Nintendo fan, would have been something you'd have quite explicitly known given it was announced in a Nintendo Direct initially. There's just so much wrong with you thinking it's somehow not a real Doom game.

Freedoom is extremely the odd one out in your list and doesn't really belong there, given it's a BSD recreation of it that has nothing to do with id at all. It's about the equivalent of telling us not to talk about Duke3d, that doesn't really need to be spelt out.

Edited by Edward850

Switch and PC. The only ones that I exclusively play on Switch is Doom 3 and 2016

I mean, I did get the classics on my AC Nintendo Switchero. (Well not 3, which is well over a decade old.) I even co-oped all of Unity add-ons.

Got Doom, Doom 2 and Doom 64 on the Switch, because it is easy to pick up and play them.

Doom 2016 also on the Switch, because my Girlfriend occupies the PC playing Monster Hunter.

Doom 3 BFG i am playing on the PS3 because it supports the 3D Effects.

Sometimes i play Doom on the Super Nintendo on a CRT, just because it is a bit insane.

But normally i prefer to play on my PC or Laptop.

PC has always been my main source of Doomage, but over the years I’ve played:

• the SNES port,
  • Doom 64 (on the n64),
  • the GBA ports of Doom1 and 2, 
  • the original Xbox version of Doom3 which has Doom1 and 2 as a pack-in,
  • the 360 version of Doom3 which also has 1 and 2 as a pack-in...

..and I think that’s pretty much it! The other console versions I’ve of course seen talked about in great detail and I’ve taken brief peeks at them using emulators, but I never owned any other ports aside from the ones listed above. I was lucky to always have PC access even at a young age!

PC only, I have not owned a console for over 12 years. Last time I did I had a NES clone system.

Every console ive ever owned that had a Doom port, I bought Doom on. Even if I had the PC version available, I'd play each console release to completion.

The only exception is modern Doom; I do not like Doom 3 or Doom 2016, so I dont own every release of these. I also never bought Doom Eternal, as if I didnt like 2016, why would I like Eternal?

For completionism sake though: Doom and Final Doom for PS1, Doom and Doom 2 for GBA, Doom 3 and RoE for Xbox (both Collectors Edition, thus access to Doom Xbox), Doom and Doom 2 for X360, Doom 3 BFG and Doom Classic Complete for PS3, and Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3 and Doom 2016 for PS4.

Just played a bunch of Doom 64 last night on my N64 to test out a mod. I think it still runs and looks great on the console, but of course I would say that. :D

On 1/19/2021 at 9:33 AM, Triloguy said:

Do you play Doom on a console? It must be a real series game (Doom, Doom 2, Doom 64, Doom 3, DOOM, Doom Eternal).
SO NOT freedoom.

How does that even work? Freedoom? On console?

3DS, Shame no music for this port but still appreciate its on there. 

I feel they missed an opportunity for an official port with the 3DS's local wireless mode for co-op/dm or camera for user avatars. 

9 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

3DS, Shame no music for this port but still appreciate its on there. 

I feel they missed an opportunity for an official port with the 3DS's local wireless mode for co-op/dm or camera for user avatars. 

What 3DS port are you using? I use elhobbs's PrBoom 3DS port and that has music.