Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vominus

Frozen Pizza

Man... I just baked up an amazing frozen pizza. (Tony's this time around.)

I always try to tell my friends that there's a technique involved in making them, but they just don't get it.

First you gotta check the instructions to see if they call for pre-heating or not and to find out what temperature to cook at.

When it comes time to put the pizza in the oven, it's best to cook it directly on the racks (unless you like your crust soggy), preferably the middle-lower ones.

Check on your pizza every few minutes to monitor the progress of the cheese vs. the crust. If the underside begins to turn brown while the cheese above is still not fully melted, slide a pan under the pizza. You can also move it to a higher rack if you prefer. It also helps to rotate your pizza so that the heat is evenly distributed.

When the cheese around the edges begins to turn golden-brown, you're almost done! Give the pizza one last, thorough inspection. The bottom should be between brown and dark brown.

Then you must let the pizza cool for several minutes! Trust me.

When it's all done and cooked, you want the crust to appear something like this. If it doesn't, then you are a lesser cook than I!

After you're done admiring your work of art, slice and serve!

Vominus said:

After you're done admiring your work of art, slice and serve!

Heh...thats kinda turning me on...ERR I MEAN NOT.

Seriosuly though...I made the best frozen pizza Friday night. Actualy it was this french bread pizza...like pizza put on halves of french bread...real good. Anyway, all I did was follow the instructions: preheat oven to 475 degrees, thaw pizza in microwave for like a minute or so, then bake for another 8 minutes. It came out very crispy and very tasty. I added some garlic powder and parmasan later after cooking it for added flavor. Quite possibly the best frozen food I've ever cooked myself.

I love pizza, frozen or otherwise. So, Vominus, did Lüt help you eat this one? :P

The Target near me used to sell DiGiornos at a loss. (Three and a half buks for a good big pie!) No longer, after more than a year. Dammit.

IMJack said:

The Target near me used to sell DiGiornos at a loss. (Three and a half buks for a good big pie!) No longer, after more than a year. Dammit.

Three and a half bucks is a bit much for a large pizza, but I suppose it could be worse. The pizzeria up in town sells large pizzas at seven bucks a pop. :\

Actually, 3 1/2 dollars for a large DiGiorno is a pretty damn good deal. Around me they're typically $6.99. Now... Off to Aurora!

President's Choice brand frozen pizza has consistently been ranked #1 again and again by taste tests, usually with Delissio being the runner-up.

Those frozen things usually come with almost no toppings. We always load it extra mushrooms, green peppers, cheese, and sometimes coldcuts.

Oh, so let me get this straight: a food product will taste better if you FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS that it comes with?! W0WZ0RZ!!!11

:)

david_a said:

Oh, so let me get this straight: a food product will taste better if you FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS that it comes with?!

-not necessarily. my house came equipped with a crap old gas oven and it seems to make it's own mind up on how hot it wants to be no matter how you set it. now that i've been there a while, i've learnt to ignore the directions on the back and use my own better judgment. trust me - i'm a student and that makes me an expert on pre-cooked frozen foods. gourmet? don't know the meaning of the word!!

A friend and I just ate two Jack's pizzas. Good stuff, especially before work. (I'm typing this at my library job) I usually prefer Jack's overall because it's generally cheaper and better. Though I have started to have a liking for Tombstones 4 meat stuffed crust pizzas. :)

david_a said:

Oh, so let me get this straight: a food product will taste better if you FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS that it comes with?! W0WZ0RZ!!!11 :)

No way. 200ºC for 20 minutes works every time.

Grazza said:

No way. 200ºC for 20 minutes works every time.

Ditto. I do 450º for about 12-13 minutes in a conventional oven. 6-9 in an express pizza oven.

i just stick it in on gas mark 6 untill it looks nice.

...and isn't cold in the middle.

damn, i could murder a pizza right now...

Yer all talk and no show. I am the reigning frozen pizza king until someone proves it otherwise!

Vominus said:

Yer all talk and no show. I am the reigning frozen pizza king until someone proves it otherwise!

I automatically lose due to having no stove, or money for a pizza to cook.

now I am hungry for pizza.. :(

You got to pre-heat the oven 50 degrees higher than the instructions have set. Put it in there for 5 minnutes longer than the instructions say, and for those last 5 minnutes, leave the oven on BROIL. You gotta keep an eye on it, sometimes it catches fire.. but all the bubbles are nice and black while the rest is golden brown.

i guess it all depends how you like your pizza. black bubbles don't sound very yummy to me.

Heh.

The McCain International frozen pizzas here in Canada are pretty good. Thin crust, good taste, and 4 l33t styles (Sicilian, Greek, Mexican, and California Chicken).

They sell DiGiorno pizzas here under a different name; Delicio or something. Never liked them. A few slices of fake peperoni over acid tomato sauce with bits of "peperoni", with a crust that usually burns and is too thick.

*drooling*

I love pizza. My favourite is the mushroom pizza, or plain simple margherita with maybe a few peppironi slices. Yumm!

I like the butter crust Chicago-style pizzas. Reggio's, Home Run Inn, and Connie's are all excellent brands that feature this style. I've always liked DiGiorno but I do think that sometimes they're a little heavy on the sauce.

I like Tombstone's stuffed crust/deep dish creations, but I never much liked their regular pizzas. The crust on them seems just as thin as the actual thin crust ones, and I've always thought that the flavor of the sauce was a little overwhelming at times, but I'll still eat 'em! Actually they do make a killer Mexican pizza.

Jacks isn't bad, it's pretty similar to Tombstone minus the sauce issue, and the price is always right.

I'm a pretty big fan of Tony's, regular and bake-to-rise.

Red Baron was a favorite of mine for a long time but Tony's has usurped that position. This past summer I was addicted to Reggios and even got a couple friends hooked. Back on subject though - Red Baron makes great deep dish pizzas and their Mexican pizza is great too.

There's this place by where I used to go to school called "Bacci Pizzaria" and they serve 14" slices, and yes, they do serve 28" pizzas! The only problem with them is that the end-crust is kinda thin and boring, but all substance leading up to it is quite delightful. And where else can you get a jumbo slice of pizza and small soda for exactly $3.00? (it's $2.74 before tax)

Pizza.........

.......How can you possibly fuck up making pizza? I get it right and im a total dumbass. I mean really.
and yes following statement is true "pizza is almost always good even frozen or burnt!..its just the food chain :P