Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

Crispy Doom 6.0 (Update: Mar 31, 2023)

I don't know if this counts as a bug, but figured I'd put it here anyway. I have a BEX patch which, among other things, loops the chaingun replacement's refire state with the weaponready state to achieve perfect inaccuracy. In Crispy this causes the weapon to bob while firing at first before snapping to wherever it's supposed to go. I have weapon alignment disabled.

I've finally gotten around to using widescreen. I must say, I'm a fan of it, it looks fantastic!

While we're on it, is there any possibility to add an in-game "Stretch-to-fit" setting for any aspect ratio? It's an odd request, and I'd probably be the only one to use it, but I thought I could ask.

5 minutes ago, Alaux said:

I've finally gotten around to using widescreen. I must say, I'm a fan of it, it looks fantastic!

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Alaux said:

While we're on it, is there any possibility to add an in-game "Stretch-to-fit" setting for any aspect ratio? It's an odd request, and I'd probably be the only one to use it, but I thought I could ask.

You can achieve this by disabling "Aspect Ratio Correction" in the setup tool, but then you'll lose widescreen rendering as well.

7 minutes ago, fabian said:

You can achieve this by disabling "Aspect Ratio Correction" in the setup tool, but then you'll lose widescreen rendering as well.

I'm aware of this, supposing that you're referring to the "Force correct aspect ratio" setting. All it does, as far as I've tested, is set the game to 4:3 and stretch the display to cover all the screen. I could be wrong, but as implied, it only works for 4:3.

11 minutes ago, Alaux said:

it only works for 4:3.

Yes it does. Because, if you explicitly don't care about aspect ratio and then stretch your game window wide, how is the engine supposed to know if you want your content stretched or rendered in widescreen? The latter inevitably means to keep the aspect ratio intact, because e.g. 16:9 actually *is* an aspect ratio.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:11 AM, fabian said:

@braders1986 Could you please check if this release fixes the controller issues?

Sorry a bit late. Work has been hectic.

Gamepad is working mate. Same as with the build Chungy uploaded. I still have to use DS4Windows to map some keyboard buttons as some buttons like L2/R2 don't register in Crispy on their own.

Pretty happy with it though. Does exactly what I wanted 👍

Cheers,

First, I'd like to thank you for investing time developing this awesome port, keeping the flame alive. I'm gonna try the new build out, but I have a question regarding 5.9.2, if you don't mind (but it might also apply to 5.10.0, I don't know yet).

How can I set up demo recording to make Crispy automatically restart the demo upon dying? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, this should be the case by default since 5.6.4, but after quitting and launching my demo, it also contains all the failed attempts.

1 hour ago, Fluuschoen said:

How can I set up demo recording to make Crispy automatically restart the demo upon dying? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, this should be the case by default since 5.6.4, but after quitting and launching my demo, it also contains all the failed attempts.

You'll need to bind a key to "Restart level/demo" in the setup tool.

1 hour ago, fabian said:

You'll need to bind a key to "Restart level/demo" in the setup tool.

Thanks for the quick reply.

(Edit: Kinda embarrassing I missed that in the setup.exe.)

Edited by Fluuschoen

On 1/15/2021 at 6:53 AM, maxmanium said:

I don't know if this counts as a bug, but figured I'd put it here anyway. I have a BEX patch which, among other things, loops the chaingun replacement's refire state with the weaponready state to achieve perfect inaccuracy. In Crispy this causes the weapon to bob while firing at first before snapping to wherever it's supposed to go. I have weapon alignment disabled.

Hm, could you please send me that BEX patch? And does the same happen in Choco as well?

5 minutes ago, fabian said:

Hm, could you please send me that BEX patch? And does the same happen in Choco as well?

Doesn't even have to be BEX -- here's a vanilla-format .deh patch with just those changes. Just happens in Crispy -- it probably has to do with the code handling the bobbing-while-firing settings.

inaccurate.zip

8 hours ago, maxmanium said:

Also, does or will Crispy support DMAPINFO?

I am not opposed, but have no plans to work on it.

14 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

May I report a possible future bug à la Minority Report? I hope this does not sound daft.

Well, why don't you just come out with it? 

https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/crispy-doom/blob/master/src/doom/s_sound.c

I am not a coder, but I understand that levels 5 and 7 of nerve.wad share the music lump (lines 387 and 389). What I mean is that this situation will be a problem for this future music pack (better late than never!), for obvious reasons.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/119301/

For PrBoom-Plus the workaround is obvious, I remove the [MUSIC] section of the NERVEBEX lump of my copy of prboom-plus.wad and call it a day. But Crispy Doom appears to have this hardcoded.

What about an optional command line parameter to force the use of the songs assigned to plain doom2.wad when playing nerve.wad, so that there are no conflicts?

This source port is fucking dope, not once has it disappointed me. I'd buy you a bag of crisps for all this effort dude.

I do not know if it has been reported but for some reason when playing on widescreen the projectiles would shoot a little bit to the left than the sprites indicates.

it might be me however.

Something wrong with the latest 5.10.0 version, I think. The uncapped FPS looks very bad compared to the previous versions. For example 5.8.0 and 5.9.2(?) has a lot smoother uncapped FPS and sharper mouse feeling. (It is not just me experiencing this.)

10 hours ago, fabian said:

What if you use the 5.10 EXE files with the DLL files from the previous releases? 

I moved 5.10.0 crispy-doom.exe into my 5.8.0 folder, over my 5.8.0 EXE, and it works good. I did no other changes.

Then you'll be better off with the daily builds which are compiled without DirectX support. The 5.10 release is bundled with full-featured SDL libraries. 

I don't know what that DirectX switch is for but i never compile SDL, i just use the library included in the development package.

18 hours ago, Looper said:

Something wrong with the latest 5.10.0 version, I think. The uncapped FPS looks very bad compared to the previous versions. For example 5.8.0 and 5.9.2(?) has a lot smoother uncapped FPS and sharper mouse feeling. (It is not just me experiencing this.)

I'm curious, what happens if you open cmd.exe and go:

cd <whereever crispy doom 5.10.0 is>
set SDL_RENDER_DRIVER=opengl
crispy-doom.exe

6 hours ago, SmileTheory said:

crispy-doom.exe

Good idea! But input methods are also affected, not sure if there is an environment variable for these. 

14 hours ago, SmileTheory said:

crispy-doom.exe

Out of curiosity, how do you get colors to display while using code?

Is there a tutorial on how to use the new unity widescreen assets with the 5.10 release of crispy doom? Is there a certain WAD I have to load?