Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gzdoom only, having a doom 2 wad and jumping are required and freelook is recommended.

If you want to contibute on making maps, please message me on doomworld. If you need more textures, just ask me what you need and i'll send you a beta version with your textures of choice. My current demo map uses some sectors thinner that a block, but please don't do the same and udmf is prefered, my demo map is gonna be replaced with your stuff anyway :D

This is where you can get the latest news on doomcraft.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9n7x6e29fo5sk2h/doomcraft.wad/file

Video:

Changelogs (as of 2021-02-01)

2021-02-01 Added a new map, skeletons and more textures + pickup sprites.
2021-02-07 New start graphic, hud, intermission, menu text and font.

Edited by The Bug

I recommend you try IDKFA, so you could play around with other weapons (which some are incomplete or will be added)

Slots:
1- axe and sword

2- bow

3- trident

4- buildable arrow turret (slow and fast)

5- buildable firework turret

6- firework crossbow

7- firework crossbow (enchanted with multishot which fire 3 at once)

The sword - quite fast melee weapon with unlimited ammo.

The axe - A slower sword that deals more damage, nothing intresting.

Bow - Fires arrows that curve downwards and can be picked back up and the bow zooms in just like the real thing !

Trident - More powerfull than the bow, but you can only hold 5 of them (10 with a backpack).

Buildable arrow turret - You can now build mini helper turrets ! Sadly they don't last long and explode after they burn ou, also they deal less damage and travel shorter than the bow, but it makes up for it by it's incredible speed !

Buildable firework turret - Same as the arrow turret, but costs more blocks, fires slower and lasts shorter than the arrow turret, but it's splash damage is something not to be reckoned with !

Firework crossbow - Fires out a single firework (that deals more damage than the turret)

ENCHANTED firework crossbow - Fires out 3 fireworks. This is comparable to the BFG9000 !

Edited by The Bug

Also try out spawning a giant by entering - SUMMON MCGIANT or SUMMON CYBERDEMON in the command line !

What's coming: 
More mobs and weapons.

Added sound effects and more over all polished code.

A way to mine/craft.

New update: 
Added map 2 "The cave system"
Added spiders and cave spiders

Now you can mine ores like coal, iron, copper, gold, redstone, diamond and emerald (note that only coal, gold and iron are used in the 2nd level).

About mining:
Right now you can mine ore with anything(will be changed)
Ores drop resources so you could build turrets and builing blocks(building blocks will be added)

Coal drops 1 block, iron 3, copper 5, gold 8, diamond 12, emerald 15. 

Edited by The Bug

Bugs (haha bug) fixed:
Hall of mirrors effect on 1st map
Fixed enviroments being too dark.

Added axe pickup sprite.

Edited by The Bug

Here's a list of all the stuff i want to add, if it is crossed out, it's done already.

zombies, baby zombies, giants

different ores

better chests

village map with pillagers to kill and villagers you can trade with (sorta)

ocean monument, temple, woodland mansion, desert temple maps (and or more)

end and nether maps

Edited by The Bug

It's a bit shit that no one has commented on this yet so I played through it and jotted down my thoughts as I went. There's promise here but it's obviously very WIP. You'll need to look at the mapping critically, the maps are bland, short and boring to be honest. They work for a tech demo but for actual gameplay they're not great. The gameplay is very limited currently with only having melee enemies. The combat is purely one dimensional and lacks any dynamics.

1. Map01 - Invisible wall right at the start of the map - why? It's so unnatural, you need something else to block that path.

2. Map01 - Extremely simplistic and bare rooms/map. This map is basically a tech demo, not a proper map for release IMO.

3. Whats with the music? Shouldn't it be C418 tracks? Maybe it is and I'm just unfamiliar but I don't think so.

4. Mining in map04 is pretty cool, I like it. I think using a voxel or polyobject (maybe?) would be better than a sprite.

5. I like the sprites overall. They could use some cleaning up but they have a certain charm to them.

6. Lighting in map02 cave isn't great, you could definitely use more than 2 light levels to add depth.

7. Spider sprite needs to be cleaned up, has green pixels around the border.

8. I didn't have to mine the redstone block, I just picked it up and it sounded like a weapon/shotgun?

9. Small green spiders do no damage in their attack.

10. The monster spawner doesn't look great as a sprite, it may work better by using midtextures and making it an actual cube rather than a sprite.

11. Lava does no damage in map02

On 1/28/2021 at 2:13 AM, The Bug said:

What would you like to be put into the mod?
Reply below.

1. I want the overworld maps to nice and bright outside with a decent degree of non-linearity.

2. Seeing the nether would be dope, you could do some sick lighting setups there.

3. Gore, I wanna see the monsters really bleed. At the moment combat isn't very satisfying.

4. A crafting system would be sick.

5. Spooky ass caves to explore.

Like Vertigo said, it definitely needs improvement. 

But it's a decent start and some things do work pretty well.

Though I don't even know how this happened: 2021_01.28-21_36.png.5fb652c36ad7794a631d5eeb9a355013.png

4 hours ago, xvertigox said:

1. Map01 - Invisible wall right at the start of the map - why? It's so unnatural, you need something else to block that path.

I updated the 1rst and 2nd maps a little, maybe you didn't download the new fixed version, or i uploaded the wrong one...

2. Map01 - Extremely simplistic and bare rooms/map. This map is basically a tech demo, not a proper map for release IMO.

Yeah i suck at maping, i can't do good maps at all.

3. Whats with the music? Shouldn't it be C418 tracks? Maybe it is and I'm just unfamiliar but I don't think so.

The music is guitar remixes of c418 songs.

4. Mining in map04 is pretty cool, I like it. I think using a voxel or polyobject (maybe?) would be better than a sprite.

I have no idea how i cuuld make voxels and 3d stuff, sorry, but i think i can't do this one.

5. I like the sprites overall. They could use some cleaning up but they have a certain charm to them.

Yeah i'll clean them up, some of them were quite rushed.

Will be fixed, pretty easy to do.

8. I didn't have to mine the redstone block, I just picked it up and it sounded like a weapon/shotgun?

Because it's techically a weapon, but i'll change it so that the death state will do a_spawnitemex and then the weapon.

I just tested it, it works ???

10. The monster spawner doesn't look great as a sprite, it may work better by using midtextures and making it an actual cube rather than a sprite.

It would be tricky making it open that wall after being destroyed, but i'll make it look better.

Both lava pools do damage, what source port are you using???

basically a crap ton of problems, but i'll fix them.

Story - Doomguy is in hell, desperatly trying to find a way to escape. He's backtracking through levels, trying to find teleporters back to earth, when he sees an unfamiliar looking teleporter. No pentagrams, no signs of demons. Of course he steps through and apears in another dimension of some sorts, full of brightness and happyness? Doomguy spots a hoard of zombies and spiders, but realizes he left his weapons back at hell, he steals the bow from a skeleton and goes berserk on the other monsters. This time he won't be slaughtering demons, he'll be killing mobs. MINE AND CRAFT UNTIL IT IS DONE !

Just a thought.

There is possibility to add dynamically changing environment:

ZDoom forum link:
        "[ZScript] Destructible geometry material handler"
       https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=63907
    Gitlab link (See for tutorial):
       https://gitlab.com/dodopod/zscript-material

Also there is possibility to use destructible cube 3d models for same kind of effect. Approach however is problematic for many reasons. For example you would have to copy&paste 64 models only to receive 8x8 plane etc.

9 minutes ago, Jaska said:

Just a thought.

There is possibility to add dynamically changing environment:

ZDoom forum link:
        "[ZScript] Destructible geometry material handler"
       https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=63907
    Gitlab link (See for tutorial):
       https://gitlab.com/dodopod/zscript-material

Also there is possibility to use destructible cube 3d models for same kind of effect. Approach however is problematic for many reasons. For example you would have to copy&paste 64 models only to receive 8x8 plane etc.

Woah !
Awesome, i'll try this out !

18 hours ago, xvertigox said:

It's a bit shit that no one has commented on this yet so I played through it and jotted down my thoughts as I went. There's promise here but it's obviously very WIP. You'll need to look at the mapping critically, the maps are bland, short and boring to be honest. They work for a tech demo but for actual gameplay they're not great. The gameplay is very limited currently with only having melee enemies. The combat is purely one dimensional and lacks any dynamics.

6. Lighting in map02 cave isn't great, you could definitely use more than 2 light levels to add depth.

1. I want the overworld maps to nice and bright outside with a decent degree of non-linearity.

2. Seeing the nether would be dope, you could do some sick lighting setups there.

3. Gore, I wanna see the monsters really bleed. At the moment combat isn't very satisfying.

4. A crafting system would be sick.

5. Spooky ass caves to explore.

here's some gore

ezgif-5-10ddc4bf17e1.gif

Just now, PeceMan said:

Man I'm annoyed

I wanted to make a minecraft wad, but you just had to come here and do it first

Don't worry there were tons of minecraft wads before me :D I just wanted to take my own spin on it !

Coming in the next version:

A test map (not for gameplay, just for a demo)

Doomguy holding the minecraft items

Deleted the firework turret (too op in my opinion)

BLOOD GUTS AND GOOORRREEEEE

Removed herobrine

Made you a demo

doomcraft-1.rar

You can see how tempted i was to jump into the lava, to see what it would do

Also i had no idea what the turret thing was, or the fact that you could punch ores to get stuff

I like the fact that you start with exactly 64 arrows

Amazing mod, looking forward to it.

Now for the criticism, i think the maps should be longer, with less obvious secrets and more enemies, the first map can be completed in less than 10 seconds if you are fast enough. 

The other thing would be that arrows attack the enemy and bounce back to the player, it would be much more better if the arrows stayed attached to the enemy and as such could not be recovered (until the enemy is dead, although i don't know if that's possible)

Also, maybe you should include a guide about the environment and stuff, like what does an iron block do?

My kids are obsessed with Minecraft and I made a couple of levels last year inspired by MC - no mods, just very cubical maps...

Can your mod be applied as a gameplay mod? It would be nice to see if my maps work with actual MC tools.

11 hours ago, smeghammer said:

My kids are obsessed with Minecraft and I made a couple of levels last year inspired by MC - no mods, just very cubical maps...

Can your mod be applied as a gameplay mod? It would be nice to see if my maps work with actual MC tools.

Sure !

Okay
What's new:
Added an enchanted trident that flings you around
Removed firework turret

New weapon sprites with doomguy's hand 

More gore

Removed herobrine

17 hours ago, The Bug said:

Coming in the next version:

A test map (not for gameplay, just for a demo)

Doomguy holding the minecraft items

Deleted the firework turret (too op in my opinion)

BLOOD GUTS AND GOOORRREEEEE

Removed herobrine

See youre copying notch