Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uter Lokales

Dlc 2: new weapon - hāmmer😭😭😭😭

RIP my theory if true.

Interesting that it can be upgraded and even has a Support Rune for it too. I wonder why it says DLC 1 description.

Also, where were you able to find this information? It's been three hours since your post but I can't seem to find any confirming information on Reddit/YouTube/Google. Maybe it's because of my personal biases, but I also have a hard time believing the new weapon we are apparently supposed to "master" and is going to provide a "different" gameplay feel in DLC 2 is just for removing weak points (edit: in a game where there's only three enemies with weak points: Arachnotrons, Revenants, and Mancubi), so being able to find the source you found it from or any confirming information online would be helpful.

Edited by AtimZarr1

Where is this from?

I also remember someone's theory on Reddit that the new weapon would have been the spirit wolf.

I still think it's going to be the Soul Cube. Doom Eternal includes every iconic weapon of it's predecessors, except the Soul Cube. It's description sounds very familiar and Doom Eternal-ish:

Destroying evil gives us life and makes us stronger. Unleash us when you hear our call. We will pass the life force of those we slay to you. We foresee a great battle. The outcome is not clear. We are the only way to destroy Hell's mightiest warrior.

1 hour ago, igg said:

I still think it's going to be the Soul Cube. Doom Eternal includes every iconic weapon of it's predecessors, except the Soul Cube. It's description sounds very familiar and Doom Eternal-ish:

Hm.

Maybe they take some infernal Ducktape and put the Soul Cube onto a Baseball Bat = Soul Hammer.

Okay. My turn to be the grump in the room.

If this is true, I'm kind of sad that they opted to replace "laser sword" with... hammer. Now, from a strictly mechanical perspective, yeah, the way the game flows I suppose it makes sense, but personally, swords >>> war hammers. I do wish we could have had sword+ parry instead.

But hey, maybe the hammer (again, if it is the case) will come with some nifty things of its own. 

Josh: "A centered reticle just like you see right now where you see where the Meathook is, you see where the trajectory of the shot will go of the super shotgun - but we're putting more data up there and that data you don't realize how crucial it is until you realize that when we do that you don't have to look to the bottom-left, to the bottom-right, to see very important things... like what? Like a weapon we haven't talked and won't talk about until next week, like Flame Belch..."

Hugo: "And yeah, you'll know when it's ready..."

Source (proper link added). This suggests the weapon must be "ready" before use and its supply is something that a player would want information on at all times to have it displayed on the reticle along with Flame Belch, Blood Punch, etc. I don't know if this aligns with the supposed "ammo capacity upgrade" mentioned in the original post above, though it's possible.

---

In response to a question about why the Slayer couldn't pick up the Marauder's Argent axe, Hugo replies:

Hugo: "Well because we have to make that asset and that's too hard."

Josh: "Because we have to string you along here, we can't just give you the damn thing the first time you see one."

Hugo: "That is something we have to build up to. I don't know, let's see what you have in DLC 2. We'll see. I don't know. Now, I could be misleading you or it's a good hint, I don't know. I'm not saying what it is. We're trying to keep it entertaining folks. Yeah, but you never know. Could be a little misdirection, could be a good hint."

Source (same link as above, different timestamp). This response certainly reinforces the chances of an Argent hammer weapon though it seems Hugo is aware of the speculation.

---

Off-topic note: there's some interesting trivia shared in randomly across the stream. For example, the outer areas of the Fortress of Doom were initially planned to have been the new hub access area for the DLC. Might make a post at some point in the future about random trivia from these streams since I think they're worth sharing.

Edited by AtimZarr1

Considering there is still no source provided several days later and nobody else seems to be covering this leak - I don't think the hammer is a codename for anything. That said, Valen's hammer is a decent possibility of being the new weapon - I just don't think this "leak" is legitimate.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:16 PM, AtimZarr1 said:

Josh: "A centered reticle just like you see right now where you see where the Meathook is, you see where the trajectory of the shot will go of the super shotgun - but we're putting more data up there and that data you don't realize how crucial it is until you realize that when we do that you don't have to look to the bottom-left, to the bottom-right, to see very important things... like what? Like a weapon we haven't talked and won't talk about until next week, like Flame Belch..."

Hugo: "And yeah, you'll know when it's ready..."

Source (proper link added). This suggests the weapon must be "ready" before use and its supply is something that a player would want information on at all times to have it displayed on the reticle along with Flame Belch, Blood Punch, etc. I don't know if this aligns with the supposed "ammo capacity upgrade" mentioned in the original post above, though it's possible.

---

In response to a question about why the Slayer couldn't pick up the Marauder's Argent axe, Hugo replies:

Hugo: "Well because we have to make that asset and that's too hard."

Josh: "Because we have to string you along here, we can't just give you the damn thing the first time you see one."

Hugo: "That is something we have to build up to. I don't know, let's see what you have in DLC 2. We'll see. I don't know. Now, I could be misleading you or it's a good hint, I don't know. I'm not saying what it is. We're trying to keep it entertaining folks. Yeah, but you never know. Could be a little misdirection, could be a good hint."

Source (same link as above, different timestamp). This response certainly reinforces the chances of an Argent hammer weapon though it seems Hugo is aware of the speculation.

---

Off-topic note: there's some interesting trivia shared in randomly across the stream. For example, the outer areas of the Fortress of Doom were initially planned to have been the new hub access area for the DLC. Might make a post at some point in the future about random trivia from these streams since I think they're worth sharing.

Excellent summary, thanks.  I don't think it will be a hammer and this leak is someone playing in excel. Im still thinking its the sound cube and it will somehow imbue the slayer with "juicy power". Or maybe the soul cube will get lodged in the slayers chest since the dark lord seems to have some kind of iron man powr source thing going on himself...

I prefer a new tool just for more content but a better use for the Unmaykr would also be good. I mentioned this once before, but essentially it becoming a Argent Shield destroyer and even a quick possessed Demon counter would be handy.

6 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Considering there is still no source provided several days later and nobody else seems to be covering this leak - I don't think the hammer is a codename for anything. That said, Valen's hammer is a decent possibility of being the new weapon - I just don't think this "leak" is legitimate.

no one will confirm this, because I personally know one of the developers of horde mode, who gave me this information

26 minutes ago, Uter Lokales said:

no one will confirm this, because I personally know one of the developers of horde mode, who gave me this information

You personally know someone from Id Software? And they're creating an official horde mode?

1 hour ago, Heejyhorang said:

You personally know someone from Id Software? And they're creating an official horde mode?

It's a community made mod but I wouldn't doubt they might have found something neat like this due to the fact they have to dig around the game files to make the mod in the first place.

It would be interesting to get to use the Betrayer's Argent war hammer I won't lie.  Always wanted to see that thing in action.  I really hope wherever it is they end up taking this series we some of the Sentinel tech being used like the mecha suits and what not.

If we actually get to use the Betrayer's hammer rather than get it by simply walking back to the Betrayer's cove in hell I'd rather have a bossfight with an hellified Betrayer (which would be close to a more ''advanced'' marauder) and after we kill him we get the hammer

My bet on is the only weapon/equipment id'd add are soul-cube or the other cube (I forgot it's name) what slows the time for a while. Otherwise, adding loads of weapons may break the gameplay what I experienced from community made mods. Maybe they add mission specific weapons.

The other cube? you mean the Artifact?

That was a heart/grenade hybrid thing.

Speaking of mission specific guns (and abilities or items), that's one reason why a horde mode could be good.

Like how 2016 has exclusive weapons too.

On 01.02.2021 at 07:14, Uter Lokales said:

никто не подтвердит это, потому что я лично знаю одного из разработчиков режима орды, который дал мне эту информацию

привет

20 minutes ago, Wad overdose said:

Василий трашовский?

никто не подтвердит это, потому что я лично знаю одного из разработчиков режима орды, который дал мне эту информацию