Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2021 - On IdGames!

Sign me up. I always wanted to participate in one of these projects.

I have a question, if i make a map that is for an example, map12, but someone else uploads a map12 before me, would i have to change the map number, or would you during the process of making the megawad?

1 minute ago, DRMman said:

I have a question, if i make a map that is for an example, map12, but someone else uploads a map12 before me, would i have to change the map number, or would you during the process of making the megawad?

The format of DMP21 isn't based on the traditional megawad structure, so you don't need to worry about mapslots. Generally the maps are grouped by the source port required for them and are reached via a hubmap at the start.

Just now, Obsidian said:

The format of DMP21 isn't based on the traditional megawad structure, so you don't need to worry about mapslots. Generally the maps are grouped by the source port required for them and are reached via a hubmap at the start.

Ah, so is it going to be a bunch of wads in a zip file, or just a list of maps that people can download?.

Just now, DRMman said:

Ah, so is it going to be a bunch of wads in a zip file, or just a list of maps that people can download?.

It'll all be a single wad with any luck. ZDoom-adjacent ports will be able to access all the maps from the getgo via the hubmap and non-ZDoom ports will have the maps sorted into groups in the mapslot progression: vanilla first, then limit removing, then Boom and so on. Hopefully his makes things a little more clear.

Okay, currently i have one gzdoom compatible map in the works, im using ultimate doombuilder's latest version, and the latest gzdoom version, the map is in gzdoom: doom 2(umdf format), so i look forward to this.

@Obsidian

Sign me up.

I'm sure I can find the time in the next 11 months to make a map, although I remember saying that in 2018 and finished my map for the Doomworld Omega Project on December 29th and my map for Doomworld Mega Project on December 31st.

And to add to the fun, whenever ToD posts the Doomworld Mega Project 2021 thread, there will be 2 DMP's for 2021. 

Well I have some pots on the stove but ummmm

Since there appears to be no restrictions the next time I make a freelance map I'll send it to ya

Good thing is I have all year for this haha

I'm sure you meant "Doomworld Maxmanium Project," right? wink

I have trouble making creative stuff, but fuck it, sign me up.