Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkullCousin

I hate people who expect you to be online 24/7

I really hate people who expect you to be online and active 24/7. I have stuff to do, I have a life outside of the internet. Then, if you tell them you can't, they'll get really angry at you. Anyone else hate these kinds of people? Anyone want to share their experiences?

Only bothers me if they are very frustrating and troublesome to deal with.

Being quite social on the internet but lonely IRL, I honestly don't mind people wanting to just chill out with me. Within reason, got better things to do too, especially if things take a dramatic turn for the worst, or they're just full of shit, no thanks.

I had people like that, I no longer have them.

Don't have the heart to fuck em off? Just ghost them pal, they soon leave you be.

16 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Just ghost them pal

"Not having the heart" is never a good reason to be an avoidant rat and pretend you don't exist. Better be honest to yourself and others, at this point the truth doesn't exist until you voice it

There are only two reasons one might resort to ghosting: fear or disdain. When it comes to important matters, better not to make anyone guess which one of these two you got

Well I do suppose it has to rely on the context so you are indeed right. For me it was the moment I came online they were like "join us we need one more" for fucking battle royale shit. I hate battle royale. It's all they wanted, a full team. There was no "I'm busy" because A: you weren't and B: spam time.

The same shite game every day? No, thanks.

I suppose it is ill advised to ghost in any other context, rather presumptuous of me to assume it was gaming I do apologise. 

Ran into a guy a few days ago on my discord server who was like that. Kinda felt bad for him because I had the feeling that it came from a place of insecurity and poor mental health. I still kicked him as soon as he started to get hostile.

There was this one guy on Xbox who would not shut up about me playing with him... my Xbox Gold membership expired, and i had to wait until next month to renew it.

so this guy wanted to play something with me, and i told him that i didnt have gold at the moment so i couldnt play with him for the rest of the month [which was like, 4 days] 

he kept pestering me to play, he kept going "Plaaaaay!!!! [inset sad emoji face]"  but i kept telling him and telling heim "Look, i dont have gold, so i cant play with you right now!"

but he was just so insistent....

then i unfriended him because i finally knew what type of person he was. i cant stand people like that....

I hate users who make threads to complain about people who expect you to be online 24/7.

Kidding aside,

8 hours ago, SkullCousin said:

I really hate people who expect you to be online and active 24/7. I have stuff to do, I have a life outside of the internet. Then, if you tell them you can't, they'll get really angry at you. Anyone else hate these kinds of people? Anyone want to share their experiences?

Those people don't have lives of their own, spending days on 4chan, 9gag, Qanon.

I literally cannot be bothered (But here i am replying so obviously i must be bothered to some extent..)  for meta-complainers like that. I am not here on this planet to wage discussion wars when i could be landing the next Doom related goldmine.*

*This becomes more common as you go older. **
** You will find you will start to take this approach through work aswell. Im here to help you, not to listen to you complaining that you don't feel too hot yet to go inside the Hospital. Stay and work at home then and stop getting in my way.

6 hours ago, Pegg said:

If they don't stop I just remove them from my friend lists. I am not going to try fixing other people. 

I used to do this with some geniunely nice people only to be given the lick of time out of nowhere. So that ship has sailed.

One was a particular close overseas friend with a friendship lasting 12 years. I blame Trump unironically for this.

Yeah... And it comes off totally normal now that the status quo is mass internet addiction. Smart phones come with a lot of obligations

1 hour ago, Nevander said:

I can't really relate... I don't know of anyone who cares if I'm online on anything or not.

Yeah, also this for me.

It's rare for someone to write to me by their own initiative, most of the time I just write to them instead, but the reverse is rarely true.

I could be online everywhere, 24/7, and it would be surprising if someone actually DMed me lmao.

I just tell people like that exactly what I'm thinking.

Something like: "Your consistent pestering me to respond only makes me want to respond less. Chill out, get some patience. When I have time to chat, game or do whatever else it is your want from me, I'll respond or reach out to you - till then, just pop the one message over my way and leave me be. Spamming never has and never will magically make someone available."

4 hours ago, seed said:

it would be surprising if someone actually DMed me lmao.

Get in an online Doom server and I will DM you til the cows come home!

I only wish I knew people to play video games with. Although to be fair I think that is largely my own fault for not really putting myself out there. I tend to play single player games, and my multiplayer tastes lean strongly into co-operative play. I love the funny moments that arise organically much more often out of it, compared to more competitive modes. There's not so much room for having a laugh and feeling badass when everyone is sweatily trying to min-max the fuck out of each other.

8 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Get in an online Doom server and I will DM you til the cows come home!

Nice one. Which reminds me, one of these days I should start playing Doom DM.

I used to have a friend who would want voice calls with me almost everyday. And if I don't voice chat with him or something similar, he would start saying about "going to a take a break for a month" and then the next day or two he comes back. It got irritating to the point I took a break from social media for a few days and then he suddenly unfriends me. I moved on to other things afterwards.

Also he also dislikes deathmatch because he thinks that "other players will use him as target practice" or "doesn't have the reflexes to play" and has the urge of using trainers/cheats in multiplayer.

I don't really get this problem, i try my hardest to make no one notice me, especially if i get burnt out of a community for a while, like most of 2020 for doom.

Ha, joke's on you, turns out I AM online 24/7!

...well, not quite, but close enough. I do sleep and shower and do other stuff that renders me off-line, but you get the idea.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:48 AM, NoXion said:

I only wish I knew people to play video games with. Although to be fair I think that is largely my own fault for not really putting myself out there. I tend to play single player games, and my multiplayer tastes lean strongly into co-operative play. I love the funny moments that arise organically much more often out of it, compared to more competitive modes. There's not so much room for having a laugh and feeling badass when everyone is sweatily trying to min-max the fuck out of each other.

Ya got Odamex?

If we're plugging ourselves, you can find me on zandronum as drm-man, on the latest version, or i think it is, 3.0.1.

Oof, at least i tried, i usually play with the sprite fix wads, or smooth doom, if it's compatible.

I think the former should work fine with just plain DEHACKED support?

Wait, I think Odamex does support ZDoom mods, just very old ones, since it focuses on having a stabler and slightly more vanilla-like experience. I think. I forget, wasn't it an indirect successor or something?

Well in the server im trying to make right now, im just using the spritefix for doom2.

Well, if that doesn't use any advanced ZDoom features, then there is no reason to use Zandronum instead of Odamex. The latter has much better and more resilient netcode. It might work even if it's a WAD - Boom supported loading DEHACKED lumps from WADs at runtime back in the 90s!

And I have one Odamex server running on a VPS that a friend has and gave me an account on - if you really care, it's mouses.xyz port 10666, with AV.WAD loaded. Tell me whenever you want to join, I'm not there right now.

Honestly I feel sad for those who seem to live online. I love going online and socializing with people, but if being gone for simply a day causes someone to go balistic or start assuming you've ghosted them... something deeper is wrong, probably addiction at the heart of it, insecurities as well or loneliness. They also can seem to possessive as well. I've had a couple experiences that sadly led to blocking. I have been accused of ignoring someone because I didn't comment on something or answer quick enough, when I had explicitly mentioned I was busy, going through a lot, and would get to it as soon as I am able. In general, most people are very understanding. But you sadly will run into a few like that, and at the heart of it, I do feel bad. But once they turn hostile, you gotta let them go before it turns borderline abusive.

Used to play ranked matches on Soulcalibur 4 all the time. Knew this guy I became friends with and made the accident of giving my cell number to him. The dude was so annoying. He literally called me while I was out at dinner with family at a restaurant and said "Yo get online I wanna fight!" I'm like "Bro I'm at dinner with my family right now I'll hit you up later." and he got all mad.

Sometimes, most times in fact, for me I don't find it annoying because nowadays with shorter, online school find myself very bored. But of course, there are times when I am doing things and I don't want to talk or help people, like whenever I take a hike or something. Idk though.

Of course, I do understand what you mean, it can be super annoying