Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scrabbs

Games you are convinced no one has ever beaten

I am 100% certain no one has actually ever beaten FF6 or the first theif. I have never met a single soul who cared to continue playing past the floating continent in ff6 or the level you play in thief after garret loses his eye. You all ever see that one game everyone jerks off over and you try it and you get to that one level or area and you lose all drive to play because it's just bad. Then your friends try and they it stop. At least those two games got me to try ff7 and thief 2

Final Fantasy 6 is my favorite video game of all time and I've played through it multiple times. Thief: The Dark Project is another favorite of mine, and playing through it was a joy.

According to the top players on the Shmups forum, it isn't humanly possible to beat Inbachi in DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou. There are a few videos of Inbachi being beaten on Youtube, but they're allegedly tool-assisted. The game was voted as the most difficult shmup of all time by Japanese audiences, so I don't find any of this hard to believe. 

Edited by [McD]James

2 hours ago, Scrabbs said:

I am 100% certain no one has actually ever beaten FF6. I have never met a single soul who cared to continue playing past the floating continent in ff6. 

Like Ajor.. [McD]James, FF6 is also one of my all time favorites and i had beaten it multiple times, it's pretty easy but sometimes it gets boring.

2 hours ago, Scrabbs said:

You all ever see that one game everyone jerks off over and you try it and you get to that one level or area and you lose all drive to play because it's just bad.

Or it didn't resonate with you the same way that game resonated with most people who played it, and thus you got bored to tears and left wondering "who in their right mind would waste time playing this crap?", nothing has universal appraise.

I'm almost certainly sure that no one has beaten Will Wright's The Immortal without using a strategy guide or the internet.

I have beaten FF6 multiple times. Did you just run away from all of the battles and bothered not leveling up your characters at all? Sounds like you were extremely underpowered at that point in the game and it got too hard.

Pal Battletoads 2 Player is literally impossible to beat due to a bug in one of the vehicle levels from the players being slower than the stage scroll and always dying from that in a particular part :O

I, a proud ga(y)mer, am frightened to admit, I have yet to complete a playthrough of Pajama Sam. The closest monsters scare me...

8 hours ago, Lizardcommando said:

I have beaten FF6 multiple times. Did you just run away from all of the battles and bothered not leveling up your characters at all? Sounds like you were extremely underpowered at that point in the game and it got too hard.

I just lost all will to play, I actually fell asleep during my play through. This way like 7 years ago when I was at the tail end of puberty so maybe I should give it another shot

I've seen people talk about beating Yakuza 0, (Kiwami) 1 and (Kiwami) 2.  Some people even say they've cleared 6 and 7 (Like a Dragon), but Yakuza 3, 4, 5, or even Dead Souls? Nobody. I swear it feels like those games just faded out of existence for most people. 

I am certain, someone, somewhere, has done the unthinkable, so I'm not sure such a thing exist.

Unless said game has game-breaking bugs that cannot be fixed, in which case, the game wins.

5 hours ago, Elzatraz said:

I've seen people talk about beating Yakuza 0, (Kiwami) 1 and (Kiwami) 2.  Some people even say they've cleared 6 and 7 (Like a Dragon), but Yakuza 3, 4, 5, or even Dead Souls? Nobody. I swear it feels like those games just faded out of existence for most people. 

I have a friend who has completed the entire series and I struggle to fathom it, the hours that must have took is astronomical yet he has the trophies to prove it.

The Career mode of any RollerCoaster Tycoon game.

Of the games mentioned, I have finished Thief and Yakuza 3. Yakuza 3 is the only Yakuza game I played properly really. 

After watching a video by the guy who properly beat Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead's revenge I don't feel there's any game that hasn't been beat by someone. I mean something like an impossible shmup can be beat by cheating, and I would count that, but something like that game, you couldn't cheat it, you had to actually figure out the incredibly, INCREDIBLY obtuse thought processes behind the puzzles. Someone did, and we should probably be terrified they exist

Speaking of Thief, I never did finish that game. I recall making it to some cathedral full of Undead, using up too much of my stuff and hiding in the rafters and deciding to finish it later, which never happened.

@Scrabbs: The Floating Continent is just before the game actually gets what some people might consider "hard".  It's pretty linear up to that point.  After that, literally everything changes.  Give it a go again though, it's my favorite of all the FF franchise, yes I like it more that 7 you fanboys, not that I don't like 7, I really like 7 too, I think it's that ff6 was the first RPG I ever played.    

Very few people have beaten Nightmare Circus on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive.

In fact, no footage of that existed until someone created a series of videos called "Nightmare Circus Dismystified." Unfortunately, it used annotations, and Youtube decided to kill those, so now some of the key info is missing.

Still a hella killer soundtrack, though!

On 1/26/2021 at 12:58 PM, hybridial said:

After watching a video by the guy who properly beat Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead's revenge I don't feel there's any game that hasn't been beat by someone.

This. I was following the journal of a dude grinding through Wizardry 4, a game specifically made to be as obtuse and cruel as possible, back when mapping on graph paper was considered the norm. I would never have the patience, but he just persevered through sheer meticulous grind.

There's also Maupiti Island, an adventure game made extremely difficult through complete freedom of action while passage of time is simulated. That means you could miss critical plot progression by simply being elsewhere at the time, with little notification to telegraph you that you've already "lost" the game and should restart, heh. Imagine playing that without a walkthrough.