Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

New Pistol

Hey cool, not bad. Is it just me or does that pistol look like the one from Wolf3D, or does it look like the one from Doom64? Hmmm.....

Scuba Steve said:

Gots that new pistol for ya. Took me like an hour to do the whole thing. Eveything is new, and not a single thing is based off the original doom pistol, all completely redrawn. Despite the incredible likeness. http://www.doomworld.com/gbd2/misc/freepis.zip

Look nice :)

But I think the hand look a little bit too much like the original one, I can't remember how the hand looks in freedoom.

And yes, make a ssg too, so we have all the weapons :)

DOOM Anomaly said:

It looks, pistoly. :D

I really does doesn't it. In some ways more than the original id one does.

I found out something interesting.

When I asked Scuba if he had made the gloved hands from scratch, he said they weren't 100% from scratch. However, taking an image and modifying x% of it he believes give you creative liscence.

He was wrong, however, because modifying something that is part of a gaming company's intellectual property is generally bad. Several court cases have however, favored a modified image, because it was not recognizable as the original image. It won't work in Freedoom's case, however.

He also told me that if he had a digital camera, he could take pics of his hands in the same poses, and do the same thing to them that he did to all the other hands. If you look at the freedoom pistol, the hand is a modified version of his brother's hand holding a NES light gun.

After he said to me at e-mail that he might have to just use the blood hand shape (I don't know if this will count) and colour the whole thing from scratch, I said this to him:

Good! Where possible, try to make an effort to make the hands look VISIBLY different from the Blood hands. That includes the shotgun shells being loaded, which should be drawn from scratch. You can do this, right?

You can make a copy of the sawedoff.wad and rename it to fdmssg.wad, which would contain the modified sawed-off shotgun for use in FreeDoom.

Good luck.

--Jon "Kirby X" Wells

Uising the blood outline will work. If I Completely reduce the hand to a solid shape and completely redraw it from there, I will have done enough work to consider it original. The hand was already scaled down, and at a smaller size redrawn, it wil have even less in common with the blood one. It will then become my own creation after a coplete redrawing of it.

Scuba Steve said:

Uising the blood outline will work. If I Completely reduce the hand to a solid shape and completely redraw it from there, I will have done enough work to consider it original. The hand was already scaled down, and at a smaller size redrawn, it wil have even less in common with the blood one. It will then become my own creation after a coplete redrawing of it.

Did you talk to fraggle about it? I basically know you would NEVER lie to me ^_^