Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thedemonsarecoming

Revenants

according to the manual, Revenants are ressurected demons (if I was home right now, I'd get the quote from the manual explaing what they are).

Heh...I've never read the Doom 2 manual. The only legit copy I've ever owned was given to be by a friend.

Can't find the PC version manual at the moment but the GBA manual says"...when a demon dies, they pick him up, dust him off, wire him some combat gear, and send him back into battle..." In the Revenant description.

Yeah thats what it says in the Doom II Book (Manual(the Book Dee-Lee it came with)). Which also says in the Doom II HelpMe. But Revenants can't ressurect fallen comrades, but maybe a Dehacked patch can make it happen. :D

The manual says that Revenants are demons raised from the dead, not that they literally raise the dead themselves. It says something along the lines of "Once a comrad has fallen, apparently the demons just pick them up, dust them off, and provide them with some new armor and homing missles. No rest for the wicked eh?"

It refers to Other demons picking the dead ally up, putting him on some new armor and stuff, and thusly, the revenant is born.

BBG said:

ARCHVILES are the ones that ressurect dead monsters.

...damn themm..i wish i was an archvile...looks around paranoid and all twitchy-eyed like.
lol

Revenant is a french word for "someone who has returned" and is a synonym of ghost. And as we all know the Revenant is pretty much a large bloody skeleton. Because of these facts they gave it that fitting description in the manual.

A revenant is a spirit who has returned from the grave to extract revenge on it's killer.

Not necessarily the latter. Although I remember an AD&D monster that was exactly like that.

myk said:

Revenant is a french word for "someone who has returned" and is a synonym of ghost.

hi! - give it messy spikish hair and it'll look just like me!!

thedemonsarecoming said:

when a demon dies, they pick him up, dust him off, wire him some combat gear, and send him back into battle..." In the Revenant description.

That is what the revernts are dead demons that have been brought back ot life with new guns.

Epyo said:

collector's edition didn't even come with a manual

sure it did, on the cd and in PDF format. also i know in the original there was an error. the graphics for the chaingun and plasmrifle were switched.

Sephiroth said:

sure it did, on the cd and in PDF format.

Yeah, one for each of the three games.

I thik the author maybe confusing it with the PSX manual, which I think made a cock up about Revenants. There were no archviles in PSX Doom either

the_Danarchist said:

A revenant is a spirit who has returned from the grave to extract revenge on it's killer.

Namely you, the player. :)

DarkWolf said:

Revenants are in reality, revived basketball players. They're too damn tall to be any of the Doom demon races.

RAPPING basketball players.

/me watches the revenant swing his arms about as beatbox sounds eminate from it

thedemonsarecoming said:

So when a former human dies...he turns into a Revenant. Heh. would make those lower skill levels alot harder.

so by that law the more a doom monster dies the more powerful he gets. man no wonder the cyberdemon is so damned pissed.

thedemonsarecoming said:

So when a former human dies...he turns into a Revenant. Heh. would make those lower skill levels alot harder.

I'd just like to see 'em make a mini-revenant out of those former humans. Of course they wouldn't be as powerful, but it'd be cool.