Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ar_e_en

Wads with a "Mirrors Edge" aesthetic?

Are there any wads with the visual aesthetic reminiscent of Mirrors Edge? I would also be fine with just specific levels from specific wads.

In case you don't know what the aesthetic of Mirrors Edge is - here are some images:

wp1913436.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

mirrors_edge_screenshots_17-1.jpg&f=1&no

yCGtO0ViyBkOwBWOzshTEAGVTOPx5yWYoO0Zn8Ch

311901-Mirrors_Edge-city-video_games-gre

mirrors_edge_screenshots_10.jpg&f=1&nofb

Mirror's_Edge_(PC)_28.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The closest that I've seen a wad get to this kind of aesthetic is with the wad "Bauhaus" and I love that wad! Shame that it's too short :(

Diabolus Ex is modeled after Deus Ex, but it's the closest thing I've seen to the shots you're showing.

Other than that, nothing really that I can think of. Maybe you'll have to do it yourself!

13 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

Diabolus Ex is modeled after Deus Ex, but it's the closest thing I've seen to the shots you're showing.

Other than that, nothing really that I can think of. Maybe you'll have to do it yourself!

It looks pretty cool, it has the realistic city environment vibe going for it!

11 hours ago, AwakeOnPhobos said:

Assembly Line by @Regular Warren fits the bill I would say. It definitely has that grey concrete/colorful accents thing going on, similar to the last Mirror's Edge screenshot you posted. Beautiful map.

The color schemes fit, might try it!

11 hours ago, Clippy said:

Super beautiful backdrops, just what Doom ordered:

image.png

You joke, but you gotta admit: running fast and blasting demons in these "beautiful backdrops" sounds like bliss, doesn't it?

Also, in your edit it kinda looks like the guard on the left is trying to apprehend the imp in the middle. The barons, cacos and other imps - not a concern! The imp in the middle - fuck him in particular! 

Oh man, I randomly thought about something Mirror's Edge style the other day.

Gonna add it to my project ideas pile and see what bubbles up.

Screenshot_Doom_20210204_184849.png.8a248b01a321b51c9f9b4b0c09fdd181.pngTwin Moons was originally meant to have a sort of super simplistic, no texture art style. I gave up on it when I realized that it would restrict the game to more or less abstract levels. Though I've still contemplated having a few levels in the original style, just to spice things up.

On 2/4/2021 at 1:55 PM, LordEntr0py said:

Oh man, I randomly thought about something Mirror's Edge style the other day.

Gonna add it to my project ideas pile and see what bubbles up.

I hope you do! Maybe I should make a ME style map too.

2 hours ago, Ar_e_en said:

I hope you do! Maybe I should make a ME style map too.

I even got to wondering about whether it would be worth learning how to do some modding in GZDoom, to insert a little parkour in there. Bit of wallrunning, etc.

It's on the backburner, though. Not sure I have the will for that yet.