Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

18 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

Doom Kids. Remember when cartoon shows made spin-offs that turned every character younger? This is that. You play as Doomdad, a caregiver working in the 9th Circle Daycare as you take care and solve the problems of little demons. Occasionally, you'll get to play as the demons themselves and mess around.

I'll be waiting for the UV Tyson run once that comes out.

On 2/6/2021 at 7:30 PM, Cell said:

"InaccessiBlues", a mapset with completely normal and classical iWad-esque scenarios, but every once in a while, you'd end up in areas which are in the original games, but inaccessible by legitimate means, e.g. the yard outside the Armor tower in E1M1, the gory chamber scenery of E3M4, etc.

On a (somewhat) related note, a wad that takes the IWAD maps and adds obscure secrets and shortcuts. Show them off to your friends and claim they're part of the original game, and if they can't do it themselves they just aren't skilled enough.

A wad that is basically every level from Doom 1 but played in reverse, you start with every weapon from the map E3M8 but there's only imps, shotgunners and zombie men, then when you reach E1M1 you have to face off with a spider mastermind but you only have your fists, a shotgun and the pistol

7 hours ago, N1ck said:

It has been a few months and so far nothing has come from this empty promise. I'll do it myself.

Sorry man, I've kinda lost focus. Really sorry.

I have a problem doing these kind of things, and I don't always finish stuff.

Edited by DownloadTheseSweetViruses

10 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

A mod where Doomguy has a pot belly and all health is beer.. The weapons are only newspaper and a baseball bat.

The beer only slows him down and gives very little health. 

3 minutes ago, LudicrousFPS said:

Let's take the "best" part of doom and make it the only part.
That's right, DOOM 2D platformer

And swarms of lost souls everywhere

In other words, what if that one room of The Chasm but an entire megawad

Doom - Google Translate Edition.

Look up the mistranslation mods for Half-Life and the expansions to better understand what I'm hinting at :p.

A MOD where Doomslayer picks his nose and throws boogers at the demons.

ok here are some dumb ideas i came up with

archviles can respawn bosses
instead of punching demons you slap them
the pistol is the peashooter from plants vs zombies
every gun is a nerf gun because its nerf or nothing

2 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

A mod that replaces all enemy hitscan attacks to instant Arch-vile fires.

Not quite the same, but close:

23 minutes ago, Master O said:

Not quite the same, but close:

I want to see someone speedrun all of Doom 2 with this mod on.

Claustrophobia 32.

All maps are built with the restrictions of 32x32 map units. Have fun not moving!

8 hours ago, IggySqiggles said:

Bootleg Doom,

literally just a remake of Doom maps but horrible.

Would go great together with the "high resolution textures without high resolution" texture pack.

"Okuplok 1024", the infamous slaughtermap remade with the "Doom in a Nutshell" gimmick

[EDIT] @Gustavo6046 I searched for that term and the only result Google found was your reply. Could you elaborate on what that means?

Edited by Cell

A mod where Revenant missiles will stop moving unless you're looking at them, like Boo from Super Mario

5 hours ago, Wagi said:

A mod where Revenant missiles will stop moving unless you're looking at them, like Boo from Super Mario

Wouldn't it be the opposite, then? Where they'd stop moving when you looked at them? That's how Boos work.

And I dig this idea! :D

6 hours ago, Cell said:

the "Doom in a Nutshell" gimmick

Did you mean: Kurzgecino?

You know how there's already a mod for doom that switches all the sounds to microsoft text to speech? I believe it's called "text to doom". Now, bear with me, what about a mod that replaces all doom sound effects to... drumroll... Ed Edd n' Eddy Sound effects!

I remember playing an Edd, Edd 'n' Eddy racing game type thing in the Cartoon Network website waaay ago. It needed Shockwave Flash to work, shocking! I think it was the Brazilian version of the website, but iirc the game was (at least mostly) still in English. It was still very fun, as it was less about racing and more about ramming into other cars until they exploded, without letting them explode yours itself.

Alright so you're playing doom, right? And like Doomguy is nearsighted. So my idea is that you walk around the level, the graphics are blurry as hell, this is SNES Doom type graphics, and it goes away when you pick up the glasses powerup. Be careful not to move your head too fast or the glasses fly off and you go blind again and have to find another pair of glasses. I think it'd be a fun mod.

You're outside a massive, complex castle that probably has 200,000 sidedefs and enough 3D floors and portals to make a Cray weep, but you spend the entire map outside in some boring caves that look like they were made in 1995 with fleeting glimpses of the castle, and you finish the map without ever going inside.

2 minutes ago, Ichor said:

and you finish the map without ever going inside

oh. this somewhat reminds me the idea i had once -- episode, where you can finish each map by simply turning around and pressing a button. but each map is big, with alot of places to explore and fight, and you can go there, but you simply don't have to.