Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReeseJamPiece

Games you're excited to play 2021

So we're nearly into March and a lot of new games have been announced. A new Nintendo direct dropped yesterday and the Blizzconline livestream is happening too. Horizon 2, Gotham Knights, Silent Hill, New Ratchet & Clank, Diablo 3, Overwatch 2, REVillage, No More Heroes 3, Splatoon 3, God of War 2, Hollow Knight: Silksong and more are releasing soon. I'm kinda disappointed at the lack of new IPs but the games still look awesome either way. 

I'm planning on picking up Ghost of Tsushima as my last PS4 game and REVillage in the Summer. I'm picking up God of War 2 once that releases too. I have a huge backlog of games I've yet to play so I'm trying to get some other stuff out the way first before I start anything else. Gaming fatigue can be a bitch. Overall, 2021 looks to be a good year for gaming. What games are you excited for this year?

18 hours ago, ReeseJamPiece said:

So we're nearly into March and a lot of new games have been announced. A new Nintendo direct dropped yesterday and the Blizzconline livestream is happening too. Horizon 2, Gotham Knights, Silent Hill, New Ratchet & Clank, Diablo 3, Overwatch 2, REVillage, No More Heroes 3, Splatoon 3, God of War 2, Hollow Knight: Silksong and more are releasing soon. I'm kinda disappointed at the lack of new IPs but the games still look awesome either way. 

I'm planning on picking up Ghost of Tsushima as my last PS4 game and REVillage in the Summer. I'm picking up God of War 2 once that releases too. I have a huge backlog of games I've yet to play so I'm trying to get some other stuff out the way first before I start anything else. Gaming fatigue can be a bitch. Overall, 2021 looks to be a good year for gaming. What games are you excited for this year?

@ReeseJamPiece I think a thread like this was already made. I remember leaving this beauty here though:

An open world game where you play as Jesus Christ... too bad the ending was already leaked.

Though I'm actually looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2( fingers crossed there is less jank).

Edited by Silhou3tte

I might pick up the Nier Replicant remake if it turns out to be any good. Other than that there's not much that I've been following.

Gotham Knights, Stalker 2, Gloomwood, Wrath, Backbone, Amid Evil and the Ion Fury expansions are probably what I am waiting for the most.

But this year looks interesting anyway, may have to pay a closer look, see what other cool stuff is coming out too.

Edited by seed

I don't know about you guys but I'm definitely ready for multiplayer Wrath: Aeon of Ruin.

Wrath: Aeon of Ruin

Gloomwood

Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth 

The Unliving

9 minutes ago, dmslr said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm definitely ready for multiplayer Wrath: Aeon of Ruin.

I'm really eager to see what the multiplayer for that game is going to be like. 

I'm excited to see if Deathloop will be any good. I haven't been interested in anything that Arkane has made in the past, but Deathloop has a cool setting and concept that might be fun.

Diablo 2: Resurrected might be fun but I've already sunk countless hours into the original and a superficial reskin doesn't look that exciting.

Overall the majority of games announced for this year don't seem that interesting, but I really hope to be surprised by something good. If nothing else I'm already enjoying games that currently exist, and the expansions and add-ons for a few of the existing indie games are always welcome.

Oddly I am looking forward to a game that is coming out. If you somehow knew my tastes, you'd know the game isn't too well known. The remake of the first Geneforge game is out on the 24th. If it is anything like the Avernum remakes, it should be a great time. I have the demo of it to play while waiting. Just need to finish playing my current game.

I’m excited for Humankind. I’m not a good strategy gamer at all, but I binge-play the most up to date Civ once or twice a year because I find it relaxing to really get into it. Humankind seems like a cool alternative to Civ 6 to play around with. And the victory conditions seem more open-ended which might be nice for my preferred play style of directionless self-improvement (although I’ve given in to more focused and strategic playing in Civ due to necessity, but left alone I just want to find and build things and maybe fight wars as they come up if I’m in the mood).

To be frank none, I've been working through my backlog when I have the time and i just beat System Shock 2 (now one of my all time favorites). Right now I'm I'm debating on playing Jet set radio or Star wars: Bounty Hunter next

11 hours ago, JuanchoES said:

and breath of the wild 2 :D

If that game comes out this year I'll be shocked

Aside from getting through my backlog, which is plentiful, the only one that I think looks promising is Viscerafest. But I have such a backlog of games that I really don't need to be looking for new games.

Well, and I'm hoping that Postal 4 shapes up, but they're on Wednesday and the tasks just seem extremely tedious and boring. And it's lacking the interconnectivity and the secrets that Postal 2 had that made going through the levels so much fun; the levels are far more open, but there's nothing to do in them and there's very few areas to explore. I'm keeping my hopes up, but it seems like some of the magic is gone. I've put 40 hours into it so far in EA, and provided plenty of feedback to RWS, but that was all on Monday; and nothing really was added to make the game any more enjoyable on Tuesday. I haven't tried Wednesday yet, but I think I'll just wait for the final release before I go back to it.

Edited by Jello

Stalker 2, but unsure how it will turn out.

Dying Light 2.

Evil Genius 2.

It's all about the 2s.

24 minutes ago, Chezza said:

Stalker 2, but unsure how it will turn out.

Dying Light 2.

Evil Genius 2.

It's all about the 2s.

At this point wouldn't Stalker 2 be Stalker 4? I hope it's good, I loved SOC and Call of Pripyat, but Stalker 2 has been in development hell for almost a decade. But I guess SOC was stuck in dev hell as well and it turned out great. Well, after it was modded. So I'll cross my fingers. I'd love a new Stalker game.

Curious on how Back 4 Blood would end up be. I'm a big fan of the Left 4 Dead games so hearing about Turtle Rock Studios coming up with a new zombie co-op shooter is something I'm definitely look forward to experience, although I'm already not impressed with their "Ultimate" and "Deluxe" packages. Will see.

5 hours ago, Jello said:

At this point wouldn't Stalker 2 be Stalker 4? I hope it's good, I loved SOC and Call of Pripyat, but Stalker 2 has been in development hell for almost a decade. But I guess SOC was stuck in dev hell as well and it turned out great. Well, after it was modded. So I'll cross my fingers. I'd love a new Stalker game.

Development hell enveloped Shadow of Chernobyl, but not Stalker 2. If we glimpse at the development chronology, Stalker 2 has been being developed for 4,5 years, not a decade. 

GSC didn't work at full capacity on "original" Stalker 2 and basically the development had been frozen much earlier than on 9th of December 2011 (when we got that official announcement about the project getting frozen). In March 2018, when the game was re-announced, not much work was done because the new team used to be much smaller than today. At least, that's what the leaks have told.

IMO, Stalker 2 won't be released in 2021 unless it's expected to be an ambitious Call-of-Pripyat-like story mode, but on a new engine.

Edited by Dimon12321

I am looking forward to some GOTY or similiar packing of doom eternal and the outer worlds games, i prefer to play games when all datadiscs and patches are out. I am also waiting for PoE 2.0 (or rather v 4.0.0), but I think covid ends sooner. The real treat are the awesome doom wads from this community, I promised to myself to play a lot more doom this year, because the maps are so neat! You guys rock!