Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nash

Strife Coop Patch Project [v1.0, Strife and SVE support]

ISubf7V.png

v1.0 is almost ready and I'll be streaming a full playthrough of it (with 3 other friends!) on my Twitch this weekend. :)

Well, that went better than I'd hope. :) The game was successfully completed in coop, through the bad ending path. There were some minor bugs, easily fixable. What I don't know how to fix though - is balance. Man, not gonna lie, balance was whack as hell LOL. Yes, I did turn on the enemy health scaling and extra ammo drop features, thinking that those would enhance the experience but boy was I wrong. :P I mean this is why we do a playtest; to see what works and what doesn't. I'll be trying a few different things until it's finally perfect.

v1.0 will drop some time this week, and the good ending stream will be announced later this week as well. Thanks to those who popped in!

Shoutout to @Quasar for hanging out in the chat! Appreciate the development insights.

(I will post the videos of the streams some time next week too - I'm going to wait for the good ending playthrough to be recorded first).

Oh, and have a legendary moment caught on camera (photo by Kostov):

1n8APKw.png

Edited by Nash

6 hours ago, Nash said:

Yes, I did turn on the enemy health scaling and extra ammo drop features, thinking that those would enhance the experience but boy was I wrong

You mean game become too easy in coop?

Game became annoying because enemies got too health-sponge-ey with the health scaling, and we kept running out of ammo. :P I have lowered the amount of health scaling, will have to test it the next few days.

U5AQJ7M.png

Join us tomorrow, Saturday 27th March 2021, as we wrap things up and kick The One God's alien butt in coop mode! Me, Kostov, Dark-Assassin and StroggVorbis will return to entertain you. :)

I've fixed all of the issues that we caught on stream last week so HOPEFULLY tomorrow will go smooth!

See you there!

v1.0 will be officially released after the stream!

Version 1.0 has been released, after a month of development. Have fun!!

Link to Better Strife, one of the mods used in my StrifeCoop live streams, is added to the first post. I decided not to make a new project thread for it here due to my very small audience. If anyone has any issues with Better Strife, just post in this thread (or the ZDoom forum thread if you have access to it)

Oh, it hasn't been released yet, I was trying to fix the ammo share menu before I got busy... I'll be sure to make another post when it's up!

The other thing, the HP bar one, has been out for a few days though.