Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinhard

Fireblu2 is the better fireblu texture.

not related but why do people hate the fireblue texture so much? i mean not that tis topic is hating it but everytime i see people talking about it its because they hate it

1 minute ago, omalefico32x said:

not related but why do people hate the fireblue texture so much? i mean not that tis topic is hating it but everytime i see people talking about it its because they hate it

yeah, i think i made a topic about that some time ago...

3 hours ago, ReinhardHydra said:

That's all. A topic to literally dicuss fireblu and.

And????? AND???????????????????

I personally don't like it that much, blue fire? doesn't make much sense to me, but, what can I do? It's a texture, and I respect the people who like it.

From all the fireblue textures, I like this one the most (I think it's fireblu1)

FIREBLU01.thumb.gif.6002f53c81f7ed3337b578b5b59ad693.gif.23df2970c6a624c20f905a8976313f44.gif

i like how it looks it fits really well with the hell of the classic doom games

i fell like fireblue is like the comic sans of doom were its hated because... it... is hated...

4 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

I personally don't like it that much, blue fire? doesn't make much sense to me, but, what can I do? It's a texture, and I respect the people who like it.

From all the fireblue textures, I like this one the most (I think it's fireblu1)

FIREBLU01.thumb.gif.6002f53c81f7ed3337b578b5b59ad693.gif.23df2970c6a624c20f905a8976313f44.gif

HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT THE FIREBLU!! ehem...

But i agree.. this fireblu is the best

1 hour ago, ZeMystic said:

But without fireblu1, we wouldn't have fireblu2.

True. All start with 1.......

1 hour ago, Misty said:

If here's Fireblu1 and Fireblu2, where's Fireblu3 and Fireblu4? 

Also true....should have been 2 more textures of fireblu, just like with the water/lava/acid falls...

3 minutes ago, smeghammer said:

There was a similar discussion a while back. Prompted me to use FIREBLU extensively...

I learned to love it...

^ yep, thats my thread... the one i mentioned

49 minutes ago, Yandere_Doomer said:

yeah, i think i made a topic about that some time ago...

I heard somewhere that the fireblu texture was meant for 90's space style effects. Like some alien lava or power generator. Just wanted to come here and give that fun fact.

Oh boy a FIREBLU love fest <3

Yeah FIREBLU is great, it's so strange and surreal and instantly jazzes up any map with its otherworldly shiny weirdness.  I love finding novel uses for it, like I wouldn't just wall an entire room in FIREBLU (or would I?) but it can make a super cool trim or embellishment in a lot of scenarios

2 hours ago, Noiser said:

Hum... let's see
image.png.347a68758c1e75665ceb96662cb68762.png

Fireblu2 is the most balanced frame, with red and blue having the same weight (creating that beautiful contrasting piece we all love). Fireblu1 is more pushed to red, losing a bit of its eccentricity. I would say that Fireblu2 represents better the whole texture, so I agree it's the better frame. However Fireblu1 have an important role to the glowing aspect of the animation, thanks to the use of darker and brighter tones in contrast to the pale aspect of Fireblu2. So both have it's own value.

Described like a true connoisseur, lovely.

They actually look pretty cool! in a 70's sort of way.

FIREBLU should always be a brightmap in modern sourceports..

There's not FireBlu3 even in Romero's resource releases, but if you want to see FireBlu before it was Fire and Blu, check out wall65 compared to wall65b in this folder of the zip: walls/e23walls

I recommend getting the zip of graphics already converted to png by Ling on bottom of page 3 here.

You'll have to reduce them to 10% of their current size for use though (possibly by nearest neighbor)(each pixel is 10x10 pixels).

However,  someone made a Fireblu3.   It's in Silver Miner's texture pack MudicewindTNT.wad available on page 12 here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116767-the-128-kb-mapping-extragavanza-challenge/?page=12&tab=comments#comment-2239216 but he said it comes from Aesthetic Pack.

There's a Fireblu4 but it's identical to 2.

I lowkey really like FireBlu.  It's great for adding a bit of surrealism/otherworldliness to a map's aesthetic, and I love how vibrant it is.  Personally, I think it also makes for great stained-glass windows in a GStone cathedral.

7 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

They actually look pretty cool! in a 70's sort of way.

FIREBLU should always be a brightmap in modern sourceports..

Yep, it has something.

Would buy one for my Douche, when wabbling around it would have a nice Effect :>

8 hours ago, CrystalHawk_Doom said:

Not even gonna lie, i would unironically buy a fireblu pillow.

When putting the Pillow in a wrong Place,

you can actually say you have a misplaced Texture in your Home.

Personally I think fireblu only looks acceptable when used in small amounts. It looks just plain ugly when it is pasted on a wall.

Also I would say that the best fireblu I have come across are those that i saw in some screenshots of Supplice. Now that's what fireblu should have looked like.

31 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

Personally I think fireblu only looks acceptable when used in small amounts. It looks just plain ugly when it is pasted on a wall.

I disagree. Fireblu looks best when it's placed on all walls, floors and ceilings.