Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Just now, Doom_Dude said:

Vilecore 1.2, Map 32 before and after.. The level still needs a lot of work.

Man, every time I see one of your Vilecore updates I'm blown away by how just a few small changes can really enhance an area :)

10 minutes ago, VanaheimRanger said:

Man, every time I see one of your Vilecore updates I'm blown away by how just a few small changes can really enhance an area :)

Thanks. Newfangled textures help with that. :D

On 2/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, LordEntr0py said:

621052635_Screenshot2021-02-16005925a.jpg.287724f66228ca0596912336d36bc6be.jpg

10k linedefs already. Not bad for a couple of weeks' work...

Very badazz this be here.  Is this produced with the curve tool (Left side curving towards the Cyberdemon).

8 hours ago, Mr. LBN said:

Very badazz this be here.  Is this produced with the curve tool (Left side curving towards the Cyberdemon).

Curve tool and stair builder both heavily used here. In lieu of a proper tutorial, here's a quick, rough rundown of some key steps:

• Started with a long horizontal linedef, the width which would be the widest part of the arena
  • Curve tool: fixed circular curve, 180 degree angle, 11 vertices (for a total of 12 linedefs)
  • This gave a semi-circle shape
  • Added two vertical linedefs either side of the curve
  • With the linedefs on the curve selected, used the stair builder to create two rows of distinct, continuous steps (same height for now)
  • I set the sector heights to form the curved sets of steps
  • With all the step sectors selected, used the stair builder again to create the "inner" shapes that are part of the floor and ceiling patterning
  • Set the textures and flats to create the floor pattern
  • I added the central platform with the Cyberdemon afterwards

There's more to it than that, but in short, it's worth taking the time to explore the capabilities of the curve tool and the stair builder, not to mention the ability to set grid orientation to help make your geometry regular. They are extremely powerful for creating map geometry.

For a great recent tutorial on using these, I recommend this from @Bridgeburner56 (it explains a lot more than just a creating a pentagram or two). I thought I knew what was going on with these tools, but this tutorial clarified them a lot more for me:

currently i'm working on a Hotline Miami and Warframe inspired mod with focus on speed and vertical movement.

map is not ready though, but gameplay starts to form i guess.

also i'm gonna add some sort of a system to regain health from stylish combos, so there's no need to slow down, or something like that

Edited by MyNameIs

Absolutely nothing.

Nah, just kidding, I'm trying to work on this abandoned Sunlust wannabe project that was green themed, which I was working on back in December. This is some MAP04 that I made, it's supposed to be a river. Problem is, I'm real damn lazy, so if any of you would like to help work on the mapset, please notify me immediately or this will never come out.

cpfngqE.png

Nearing completion of E1M3 for my episode one replacement, 'Phobos: Threshold'. A few tweaks to do, and sort out texturing in some places, but getting there...

Here are some new screenshots:

boxes!

e1m3_1.png?raw=true

More boxes (or are they the same boxes???)

e1m3_2.png?raw=true

Ships (well, one ship...)

e1m3_3.png?raw=true

Custom Monsters!! (thx R667)

e1m3_4.png?raw=true

And rats!!

e1m3_5.png?raw=true

It's currently very alpha, but is playable (though needs balancing and some tweaks).

The repo also includes a couple of files (a .ugh file and a sprite frame .wad) in /resources/ so that the custom sprites can be made visible, with metadata, in the Eureka editor (Thanks to @printz for helping me out on that one).

13 hours ago, Mike_C said:

Took me a couple hours to build this, I'm well proud of it now.

looks as good as in the quake engine.

Random Kompact Map for the Project.  Don't know what ZONE this would go in, and I initially made it to be a short map that managed to take longer than MAP01 because of the fights, and route you have to take.  There's a few "bleed" through texture issues, but nothing too crazy, and I'm too lazy.

1677474432_MAP05(BLAKPRINT).PNG.ff521f5d9e666a02a1dfbc7613365814.PNG717940342_MAP05(pic2).png.94bdf9ebb43f518ef72979574537a044.png

42112558_MAP05(pic4).png.9126447fc55843ce253718e6ae42eede.png460325006_MAP05(pic5).png.9c8ef69e11ac3705f4e52ed2351d6342.png

Edited by Mr. LBN

Screenshot_Doom_20210224_145429.png.54ba57ddbd8241646bef37c516b0d16e.png

Needed to take a break from the main project I'm currently working on, so I started making some some Hell-themed crypt stuff, mainly as an excuse to practise simple but effective sector-based light and shadow effects.