Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

Desert Warrior Sprite Examples

Here are some examples of the sprites you can expect in the demo of Desert Warrior, they're also basically most of what I have done so far(not including all the rest and their animations, of course). If you can help in any way with the team, sprites, coding, maps, etc., e-mail me at nperrin@rsgc.on.ca and just tell me. If you are not familiar with this project but somehow have an urge to join a team, e-mail me. It is a TC for EDGE v1.27, and we are releasing a demo soon. IMPORTANT: We need a team name, I'm thinking of "Alert Level Software." Suggestions are welcomed, the name should correspond to the theme of our TC(s).

http://nick_the_doomer.tripod.com/nickperrinsdoomsite/id7.html

As for maps, I'll post some screenshots here when I can. Congratulate or flame away! And don't forget to give a team name idea!

Edit: I tried using the [img] command, but when you do that with Tripod it shows that little "Image hosted by Tripod" sign. Sorry.

A floating red X! Great stuff! :P

Edit: Ok, I clicked on the link and I get a URL not found message. but that's more likely because I'm behind a nasty fire wall ATM... I'll check agian whenm I get home.

Nice. I like the Mp5. Can't wait for the level screenshots!

As for team name... I dunno, Tha Perrin Crew... :p Don't ask... I was just bored when I thought up that one...

Scuba Steve said:
Are all the guns just rips from half-life?

While I haven't seen the screen shots yet, if the weapons are any thing like the ones in his "Marines of the uac" mod, they're counter-strike weapon "skins" (they act like the normal weapons in counter-strike, but look/sound defferent).

Ct_red_pants said:

While I haven't seen the screen shots yet, if the weapons are any thing like the ones in his "Marines of the uac" mod, they're counter-strike weapon "skins" (they act like the normal weapons in counter-strike, but look/sound defferent).

Yes, in terms of the source of my graphics that is correct, but in newer terms:

Weapons:

-Weapons have better effects, casings, sounds, animations, and smoke.
-Better bullet puffs!
-WAY more frames than any other mod's guns ever.
-Every gun has a "weapon up" state that is animated(pull the gun out the holster and cock it, spin a pistol into your hand, etc.)
-Weapon specific damage, as well as weapon kick, secondary fires, reloads, and some guns with manual reload.

Enemies:

-3d models as well
-Although AI is still doom-primitive, as I am restricted to having, new things like multiple attacks(2-6), reloads, random deaths and weapon-specific damage make the mod more fun!
-Scripting goes with enemies(Spoiler, do not read if you want a surprise: In one of the levels you have to chase around a wanted terrorist leader in and around an outpost, while every so often henchmen come after you or he turns around and shoots, until his dramatic arrest/death! You deccide!)!

Maps:
-EDGE-specific effects like floor above floor, fake floors, RTS scripts, swimmable water, ice, mud, and more!
-Great detail, like dynamic lighting for all light sources, and smaller things like moths buzzing around a light!
-Ability to crouch in EDGE will give you an advantage in tough firefights-pull the pin, throw a grenade, and duck under something!

Demo Release: 2-3 months

THEN we'll see who wants to join.

Hmm, sounds promising. I was gonna try and add "weapup" to some of my weapons for ICD-Lizard, but I decided it would be too much of hassle to change things, especially where it's at now... Anyways, can't wait for the demo. What's gonna happen with MOUAC?

Scuba Steve said:

Heh... back in the Ghostbusters days, I had you reach up and pull the proton pack off the backpack.

Where's GBD2?

Let me rephrase that.

Where's the GBD2 update?

Lizardcommando said:

Hmm, sounds promising. I was gonna try and add "weapup" to some of my weapons for ICD-Lizard, but I decided it would be too much of hassle to change things, especially where it's at now... Anyways, can't wait for the demo. What's gonna happen with MOUAC?

Marines of UAC v1.1 will be of course delayed, but don't lose hope if you're a fan. V1.1 will feature some enhanced weapons, effects, and some general tweakage overhaul. But with work on Desert Warrior coming along, I don't know how soon I'll release MoUAC v1.1. Just not soon, even if I do keep interest in the mod.

I just forgot to say... Compared to Desert Warrior, Marines of UAC will look and play like absolute ass(and shit). So people probably won't even bother if I release a newer version(so what motivation do I have, if all my interest is in Desert Warrior?).

Don't forget; We need a team name(Me and Lurker)!