Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

hit me if you think this is dumb

alright, we've all had our pissing fits about quake. i'm not trying to start another war about who likes what because frankly i think it's been beaten enough as it is. so i'm going to ask some questions, mebbe the tonal quality of the question might piss some people off, but just read the question, answer the question if you can, and please don't hurt me for asking quake questions in a doom forum.

1) quake 1 was dark and grainy, i know, but i still loved it and some of the level designs were pretty neat. has anyone made a quake 2 total coversion of quake 1, and if so, where may i find it?

2) has anyone made a quake 2 total conversion of doom or doom ii? or just a quake 1 total coversion of either doom game?

thanks for your time, i hope this thread will not get torn apart and eventually sent to post hell.

1) I don't know.
2) I don't know if someone tried to make a Quake2 version of Doom2, but I know someone tried and making a GFX replacement of most of the Quake 2 enemies and weapons for Doom 2, but IMO it sucked.

I remember playing a Quake 2 level set with Doom textures and remakes of several e1 maps. After beating e1m8, you go to some weirdass level and end up fighting a makron in one of the most anticlimactic battles ever.

yea try tenebrae quake, if u got a lot of ram and a good AGP card(geforce 3 or above) that port is said to use similar graphics processes that will be seen in doom3. i should add that it is really alpha quality. so there are many bugs. i would recomend others like darkplaces, as they run better and are stable

Doom stuff in Quake 2: SOG (see the page that Arioch linked to). A very large download - possibly worth it.
Quake stuff in Doom: QDoom (uses the EDGE port).
Quake atmosphere/look in Doom: several wads by Bryant and Kevin Robinson, such as Distion (Dissolution) and, in particular, Slipgate.

Regarding Quake 1 being "dark and grainy", have you tried GLQuake (or D3DQuake)? They are a bit less demanding on your system than the admittedly beautiful Tenebrae.

monochrome said:

2) has anyone made a quake 2 total conversion of doom or doom ii? or just a quake 1 total coversion of either doom game?

Yeah good point... If this is out there some where I would like to see it too?