Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vominus

A Case of Nostalgia

After making my post in Stealthy Ivan's thread, I got to thinking about some of the other old games I played in the 80's.

I remember going to my local library all the time to play The Oregon Trail. Sometimes I'd bring a friend, and occasionally my dad would join me and do things like name a character "Lester Moore" then on his tombstone write "Here lies Lester Moore... No less, no more."

Anyone else remember this classic game or have a bit of their own nostalgia to share?

yeah, we played it at school all the time. In one game we were doing perfectly until we got up to the end part and EVERYBODY dies except the team leader! It was hilarious

As said in the other thread, that was the first computer game I remember playing. It was loads of fun.
Edit: I just looked at the screenshots. Somehow I remember it looking alot better.

Heh...I used to play the old one at school, but then I got a newer version at home. Still have those disks somewhere...

I know where you can find an abandonware version of OT. However, I won't link it just yet, until the rappin' mod/admin crib says I can.

I just played a few games. The first time around I was robbed on the third day of my travel. The theif took all my oxen!!!

Heh, the ol' DooM skillz certainly come in handy when hunting. That squirrel silhouette didnt know what hit it.

This reminds me of another really ancient game. I dont remember the title though, maybe someone else can remember it. It was like those word search games (bunch of letters on the screen, you have to try and find words hidden amongst them), the character you controlled was some kind of scuba diver with a laser gun. When you found a word you would navigate him over to it and fire to line up the letters. Anyone have any idea what Im talking about?

Heh I remember playing Oregon Trails I and II all the time back in ninth grade. Those were the days :)

Am i the only one that thought the oergon trail was boring. I played it for about 15 min and quit. Hunting was the only cool thing about that game.