Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Dubbag's WAD Show" Post Your WADs Here and I Will Demo & Comment Over Them (Currently on Hiatus)

Awesome to see another person doing FDA reviews! I have no wad for you to review but I have a couple of comments about the preview video you posted. The sound is quiet and tinny because it's your mic capturing it off your speakers, I'd recommend grabbing the actual audio source and using that. The framerate of the video isn't ideal either, it's quite low and choppy, 60fps is what you want.

If you need any help setting up OBS to record or anything like that just hit me up and I'll do what I can.

21 minutes ago, xvertigox said:

Awesome to see another person doing FDA reviews! I have no wad for you to review but I have a couple of comments about the preview video you posted. The sound is quiet and tinny because it's your mic capturing it off your speakers, I'd recommend grabbing the actual audio source and using that. The framerate of the video isn't ideal either, it's quite low and choppy, 60fps is what you want.

If you need any help setting up OBS to record or anything like that just hit me up and I'll do what I can.

Thank you for the support man! Was it at least watchable and enjoyable?

I will DM you a map, Clippy has done a nice video of it already and it's part of a 13-map set I've been working on for a billion years so I'm not ready to release the map here on DW standalone but I don't mind if it gets some video playthroughs~

50 minutes ago, StupidBunny said:

I will DM you a map, Clippy has done a nice video of it already and it's part of a 13-map set I've been working on for a billion years so I'm not ready to release the map here on DW standalone but I don't mind if it gets some video playthroughs~

Speaking of me. Feel free to pick any of my maps to play. You can roll a 20-sided dice if you want

A map I made for the 96kb challenge. It is a very short(10 minutes max), punchy map.

prboom+ should suffice for this map. It is limit removing and completely singleplayer, even lacking a start other than the player 1 dito.

nh96kvb2-sky.7z  and the texture pack.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/id2mtdgmvrl45fy/mudicewindTNTv2.zip/file

e1 - old screenshot to give you an idea of the layout at the least.

Spoiler

98kbnh.png.541dae89d8582bc0bf9fcc80f8396e4f.png

Edited by NeedHealth

Spoiler

I'll do this again someday when I figure out what the hell im doing. Spent three hours in Filmora listening to myself say the same line over and over while trying to fix this is driving me mad.

Fixed the issue

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

1 minute ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

I'll do this again someday when I figure out what the hell im doing. Spent three hours in Filmora listening to myself say the same line over and over is driving me mad lol

Download Open Broadcaster, it's a free software, watch a tutorial on how to record with it, once you have everything set up, your videos will be buttery smooth! + the audio will be greatly improved.

14 minutes ago, Kurogachii said:

Download Open Broadcaster, it's a free software, watch a tutorial on how to record with it, once you have everything set up, your videos will be buttery smooth! + the audio will be greatly improved.

Ok I opened it up and recorded a few minutes and the video is choppy still.

Ok I opened it up and recorded a few seconds and the video is choppy still.

Watch a tutorial for low end pc's and be patient.

Hope you get things back up and running soon! First Clippy, now this - seems to be a spate of Doom-crashes going around...

Anyways, submitted for your future approval:

...or perhaps this newest one, though its still in beta at the moment:

I DID IT! IT's BACK ON GUYS! @Kurogachii Thank you so much!

Edited by Dubbag

I DID IT! IT's BACK ON GUYS!

You can always hotkey your record and stop recording button on the options, also you can change the process priority to high to fix stutter, it's on the settings.

I look forward to seeing/hearing your notes!  I always appreciate playtests of any sort.

EDIT: Good try haha. Yeah there’s a couple ways to tackle it, I find going straight for the blue armor and then just barreling around madly chainsawing shit works well. Here is Clippy’s playthrough in case you’re wondering how he tackled it (hope you don’t mind me dropping this here @Clippy)

oh yeah my favorite concert would probably be Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, just remembering that show gives me the shivers 

Edited by StupidBunny

Hey guys today's show will include 4 Wads.

1."96k Map submisson"-"Need Health"

2. "Evil"-"elio.exe (personal pick)

3. A few maps from "Exomoon"' -"Dead Wing"

4."Third maps a Charm and 4th map" -"Raviner"

Haven't decided which Clippy map I'm gonna do yet, but we will get to him.  See yah guys afterr work! I know I didn't finish the two maps last night be we will be completing these ones.

Been working on a Megawad I have attached one of the latter levels to see what you think and to get some feed back on how to make better maps. This is only the second map I have ever released so the more constructive criticism the better. Hope you like it and it does not take to long to complete. 

Thanks,

Azazel's Second Decent.zip

@NeedHealth

" Map For 96k Megawad Submission" WAD by "NeedHealth" Great map have alot of fun playing it. Thank you for sharing!

Here's something pretty challenging for ya. These maps are pretty hard, but the lower difficulties are there if you feel UV or HMP are too difficult.
11 maps total. Give it a go. Could always use more testing c:

If I had to pick one map that could use more testing. I'd go with map 11. Otherwise a full playthrough from start to finish takes around 4 hours. 

These maps are not slaughter.

2 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@NeedHealth

" Map For 96k Megawad Submission" WAD by "NeedHealth" Great map have alot of fun playing it. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for playing! Yes it is a submission for the 96kb community project.

e1 - I took out a trap with a teleporting monster behind the player infront of the caged pe due to the map being over 96kb.

Edited by NeedHealth

@raviner Wow this took me a while man. You must have worked on this one forever.

Here is a wad that I made a while ago.. My best so far, but i havent really made any changes to it since then...
it is GZDoom compatible, not sure about prboom though...

@Clippy Played "Clippy's Party Pit". Nice one that kept me guessing. Thank you for the request man!

3 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@raviner Wow this took me a while man. You must have worked on this one forever.

Thanks man! Copious notes and entertainment - you definitely delivered in the commentary.

Didn't really take that long to make - I've done 4 maps in 2 months since returning from my hiatus, which probably explains some of the sloppiness you noticed.

I really appreciate you sticking with the map waaay past your 45 min rule. A rule which this map apparently inspired! Haha. Everyone seems to get lost and annoyed in my gigantic ridiculous maps.

PS

If you're not completely sick of it after listening for nearly 2 hours straight, the "chill music" (and my other custom music) is free to download from here:

https://thechapeau.bandcamp.com/album/in-retrograde

...albeit, in this case (track 7), with some less than chill vocals.

Thanks again!