Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

DBP32: Tomatomania!

Glorious new DBP!

Played 3 maps and had some really cool moments. Just the very 1st room have some juicy original details.

Like the turntable, as a music freak that cracked a huge smile on my face, and the chairs over the table, oh man, I love this kind of stuff.

By the way, I got softlocked at the end room map 03,

Spoiler

the one with the final elecro archie

the second time I visited the room, the door didnt open anymore, should be that line repeatable? That or I just couldnt find a way out.

Been waiting a long time for this one to hit. I've been getting a kick out of the cool architecture and doomcute wizardry. Played the first few maps last night and really enjoying my time with it so far!

@Soulless I almost thought I was stuck there too until I found I could leave simply by lowering a wall by the stairs to the outdoor area. It sorta tripped me up too but it should be fine!

@valkiriforce thanks for letting me know, but what about ending of map 08?, once you kill tomatoman you can exit the map or

Spoiler

take the non-secret telepor behind a computer wall

but then I cant go again to the exit area since bars are risen again and the switches arent working a second time.

Seriously if there is a way I might have to go check my eyes or something, losing faculties...

Playing this, So far i dig the way BIlly did with my map (Even with the apparent reason there was a way to get stucked.)

Regardless i now understand totaly the wait you had to endure Billy, let me tell you.

Spoiler

it was Dead simple as to why and it was worth all the invisible tracer shots!

Also bug to report (at least on the gzdoom side) Map05 inside the redkey room.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210225_214051.png.a13de17b15e5e4a3024671c9039d7246.png

Edited by Redead-ITA

I was wondering why a new DBP didn't drop at the beginning of the month, and I wasn't expecting one to drop before the month was over! This sounds like a great concept! Pulling elements from the older DBPs and mashing them together should be cool. Definitely gonna check this one out as soon as I get done with what I'm currently playing.

5 minutes ago, El Franko said:

So is this the final DBP WAD?

Nope, DBP33 is in production and is set to release in March barring any issues.

@Big Ol Billy put in a heroic effort in getting DBP32 completed. He practically overhauled my map and several others and brought them up to a really high standard. He was stressing but the fact that the set is out and it's this excellent is a testament to Billy's abilities. From mapping, compilation, creating the Tomatomen sprites, to making the Tomatoman rap. This is really his baby and it is worth every bit of praise and more. Great work buddy.

I know what I'm playing the rest of the day.

Edit:

Love the Mancubus sprite replacement!

Edited by Arrowhead12

Holy crap I've been waiting all this month for this!

Tho I don't know if I should surrender to my lust and download it right away or wait for RC3 aaaaa I'm so eager to play it

Played last evening some maps, all the stuff made is pretty glorious, really! Loved the "organized chaos" that comes out of the various worlds colliding into one. Fells like a much, MUCH better version of some wacky 90s TC like mr safari head.

Probably, one of the best DBP sessions yet.

Anyway, i found a little bug in the Dehacked lump, MAP11 lacks of automap title.

Made it to the end! So much fun, and even though I probably didnt get most references to previous DPB´s, it was fantastic.

One of my favourite maps was "Biotechnical Inception", gonna have to check dbp21 and some others

Edited by Soulless

Found something curious about these boxes

7zeTBWP.png

(Please forgive the terrible quality)

I managed to hit the next level switch inside of them without lowering them, didn't find any other bugs though

2 hours ago, Soulless said:

Epic moment:

Hide contents

789777355_MAP09BiotechnicalInception.jpg.783b546e8435a78e3c4a69b86d74bf13.jpg

Spoiler

If Heck Cattle had reached their full potential, it probably would have looked something like this.

Thanks for the love and bug reports, y'all! I'll be working on them while attempting to recover from the coronavirus (just one of the dramatic challenges that popped up towards the end of development!).

On 2/26/2021 at 4:45 AM, Walter confetti said:

Played last evening some maps, all the stuff made is pretty glorious, really! Loved the "organized chaos" that comes out of the various worlds colliding into one. Fells like a much, MUCH better version of some wacky 90s TC like mr safari head.

Heh, that was definitely the vision for this project—something like the old 90s mash-up projects where you might end up with Barney, the Energizer Bunny, Beavis & Butthead sfx, etc. just thrown together in a big nonsensical wad blender. Just a bit more purposeful in this case, hopefully!

Played the first 8 levels, and they're fantastic so far! I love seeing all the textures and themes of the past DBPs all mashed together. It works very well. I've always liked maps that seem like multiple worlds stitched together, and this feels like a very focused version of that idea. I like how the Tomatoman is an enemy you defeat at the end of the levels, too. So far, this is shaping up to be my favorite of the DBPs.

So far the only bug I've found (if you can call it that), is that I can hit the exit switch in MAP05 without the crates needing to lower. I ended up hitting it pretty much as soon as I started the level, lol.

Edit: Just saw @Rince-wind also posted about the crates in MAP05 too. Guess I should have read the thread more carefully!

It's awesome to see this released. This DBP is a culmination of a lot of creativity and effort from a lot of different people over a series of many months. Big shoutouts to the players and to everyone involved.

DBK 4 lyfe!

Yikes, very sorry you had to go through that Big Ol' Billy. You've done an incredible job with this project and I enjoyed every minute of it. Might be one of my new favorites as well - glad I decided to contribute this time!

Holy shit, really sorry you got the virus Big Ol' Billy.. I hope you're recovering well. This project is pure gold!