Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

decided to watch all three adaptations of Dan Brown : Da Vinci's Code, Angels and Demons and Inferno. Neither is particularly good or bad, entertaining movies, good enough for a lazy sunday afternoon. (I've read Angels and Demons and I can get why he got so many followers, his writing style leads pretty well into action thrillers, but I can't say that I enjoyed it so much as to want to read more).

For no particular reason at all, I rewatched the 2005 Doom movie that had Karl Urban and Dwayne Johnson in it. Call me weird, but despite how bland and unintentionally silly that movie was, I find myself at least some what captivated by The Rock's acting in it. 

Never care about Kick-Ass's comics, but i was bored so i watched the two films last weekend.

I'm still bored and for certain i know that i didn't loose anything not watching them back in 2010 :P

Previous weeked to last one, i watched Upgrade.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Awesome idea and some freaky characters.

Really good!

I watched Der Hauptmann, Freaking Insane movie....

its about a German Private at the end of World War 2 deserting. then he finds a Captains uniform in a truck and he pretends to be a Captain

awesome movie

Godfather Part II.

Even if people don't like gangster films, it is certainly well done in terms of its cinematography. 

Yeah kind of lax in the film-watching department nowadays. It's quite hard to get 2 hours at the end of the day once the kids are in bed. Last movie I watched was probably The Hobbit (I'm counting all three Peter Jackson films together). Kinda meh... Not a patch on LoTR movies. Very 'cinematic' and epic, but just didn't really work. It was a kids book after all.

I'm queueing up Blade Runner 2049 next. High hopes for that one.

Astro Boy (2009) - I enjoyed this movie, even though it was a massive flop and generally disliked by everyone. It's kind of amazing how a sixty-five million dollar movie with countless A-list celebrity voices bombed as badly as it did, but I don't think it deserved its fate. Yeah, it's kind of by the numbers, but there wasn't really anything bad about it. I think people were just spoiled by Disney/Pixar movies at the time. 

Howl's Moving Castle - Couldn't really get into this at all. Yeah, it's beautifully animated, but there was way too much that was never explained. Characters would often do and say things that didn't really make any sense. Charming, sure, but not very well written. 

Godfather Part 3 - Nowhere near as good as its two predecessors, which ends on a low note.  The film also felt almost like an epilogue.

I saw the English dubbed version of Ninja Scroll for the first time. It has very good artwork. I recommend it, but with a note of caution - this movie is Rated R for sensuality. I would even say that the Japanese audio probably would have enjoyable, if all you can find is subtitles.

Cruising (1980)

I didn't like it overall, it was muddled and unfocused and I don't think earned what it was going for at the end. Whether that is an issue caused by the 40 minutes of footage that was cut to get its R rating originally or not, I can't say. I read conflicting viewpoints on that. 

The 90s Mario movie would be the last recent non-series thing I've watched.

It may not be a good movie, but I had a lot of fun watching, how many bad movies can you say that about?

22 hours ago, seed said:

It may not be a good movie, but I had a lot of fun watching, how many bad movies can you say that about?

I love a cheesy bad film, Masters of the Universe, Mortal Kombat, Night of the Comet.  The Mario movie is another great one. 

On topic I made the missus watch Valhalla Rising, I like it but It confused her some what with the abrupt ending haha. 

51 minutes ago, Swordofdanu said:

I love a cheesy bad film, Masters of the Universe, Mortal Kombat, Night of the Comet.  The Mario movie is another great one. 

Now now, you just called the MK movie bad.

Prepare for kombat.

I can't remember, school is killing me and my time. I think it was dark shadows. I kinda like it.

I re-watched The Da Vinci Code. It's passably good, even though I generally remembered the key plot points.

Spider-Man: Homecoming. I don't like avengers stuff but this one was good. I'd give it a 7/10. I liked the idea but I feel like if the avengers stuff was taken out I would have liked it just a bit more. Also everything is so weird and I hate those PC jokes in films these days. "I don't wanna go in something that was built by slaves" stfu. What I mean by everything in so weird is that I'm custom to the original films. Peter parker and all of the other characters looked really strange and unfamiliar. I understand it's a new generation, but it's definitely not my generation. 

Jacob's Ladder, a psychological horror film where a Vietnam soldier thinks he sees demons among New York City. Also, the 1954 Gojira. With Surfshark VPN, I found that Japanese Netflix has many of the Godzilla movies, but most don't have English subtitles. With my conversational level of Japanese, I should understand at least some of it.

I have my ups and downs in wanting to view movies, and I've been on a down for most of this year so far. Last film I remember watching in full was The Expendables 2, which maybe isn't too much to write home about but is definitely an improvement over the first. Sometimes you just want to eat potato chips, you know?

Watched Snatch, which was great and felt like the UK's version of Fight Club. Dark gritty testosterone driven late 90s fun

Uhh... Monster Hunter I think. If you like your action movies with spectacular visuals while being dumb as a brick, I recommend it thoroughly. Just don't go if you like Monster Hunter lore because well it's a gaming movie and the odds of it being respectful to lore are, well, not good.

8 hours ago, seed said:

Now now, you just called the MK movie bad.

Prepare for kombat.

The original MK movie could be worse. It could be MK: Annihilation.

On 3/1/2021 at 2:55 AM, seed said:

I have sometimes wondered about watching it myself. It is such a legendary catastrophe though that I am worried it will not live up to my expectations of being a completely hilarious disaster. Kind of like how I decided not to buy Cyberpunk 2077 immediately, then I thought the glitches are so funny I wanted to see them for myself, but then I became worried I would buy it and not get any.

4 hours ago, Murdoch said:

I have sometimes wondered about watching it myself. It is such a legendary catastrophe though that I am worried it will not live up to my expectations of being a completely hilarious disaster. Kind of like how I decided not to buy Cyberpunk 2077 immediately, then I thought the glitches are so funny I wanted to see them for myself, but then I became worried I would buy it and not get any.

I need to watch it again, it's been a long time since I've seen it, but I would say it's worth watching. It's not so terrible that it does a complete 180 and turns out great in spite of itself, however it is enjoyable to watch once or twice. But the atmosphere was like they tried to smash Bladerunner together with Demolition Man and threw Mario and Luigi in it. Which, imagine you're seven years old, and you're extremely excited because there's a Mario Brothers movie, and you beg your Mom to take you and your brother to the theater to see it. "Goombas are seven foot tall lizardmen. Yoshi isn't cute, he's an actual raptor. And Bowser is Dennis Hopper, who turns into a tyrannosaurus rex and then melts. And Mario's name is Mario Mario and Luigi's name is Luigi Mario, and that's why they're called the Mario Brothers." It was kind of a mind-fuck for a little kid.

11 minutes ago, Jello said:

I need to watch it again, it's been a long time since I've seen it, but I would say it's worth watching. It's not so terrible that it does a complete 180 and turns out great in spite of itself, however it is enjoyable to watch once or twice. But the atmosphere was like they tried to smash Bladerunner together with Demolition Man and threw Mario and Luigi in it. Which, imagine you're seven years old, and you're extremely excited because there's a Mario Brothers movie, and you beg your Mom to take you and your brother to the theater to see it. "Goombas are seven foot tall lizardmen. Yoshi isn't cute, he's an actual raptor. And Bowser is Dennis Hopper, who turns into a tyrannosaurus rex and then melts. And Mario's name is Mario Mario and Luigi's name is Luigi Mario, and that's why they're called the Mario Brothers." It was kind of a mind-fuck for a little kid.

Sounds more like a mind-fuck the whole family can enjoy and be baffled by.

On 3/1/2021 at 12:38 PM, JXC said:

Jacob's Ladder, a psychological horror film where a Vietnam soldier thinks he sees demons among New York City.

Yes, this is a highly recommended movie. It is constantly putting the viewer off-balance. Are the visions real, or are they merely the product of PTSD?

14 minutes ago, ReX said:

Yes, this is a highly recommended movie. It is constantly putting the viewer off-balance. Are the visions real, or are they merely the product of PTSD?

Or are they the product of a drug? Find out in the twist at the end!

Just now, JXC said:

Or are they the product of a drug? Find out in the twist at the end!

Yes, an absolute mind-bender. Both, Tim Robbins and Elizabeth Peña were spectacular in their respective roles.

Well I watched Scream 4, then I watched Scream 1 and 2. Scream 1 I had seen a couple of times before, I thought I'd seen 2 but I guess not, it must have been 3 at some point. 

I gained a new appreciation for how great the first movie is, and how difficult it was to replicate. The sequels are not awful but they are more contrived and 4 really got pretty silly.

The first movie was Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson's fucking A-game creating a movie that lives up to the legacy of everything from Psycho to Deep Red to Halloween. It's kind of a shame that it doesn't actually reference giallos at all really because a lot of its great direction follows that style far more than the typical slasher (Mind you that could be said of Halloween as well), and the creepy performance by Skeet Ulrich as Billy is I think undervalued. 

I am not sure if its opening scene has actually been surpassed by any horror movie since 1996, it's fucking perfect. 

Before those I always watched another Craven movie, The Serpent & The Rainbow and that one was great. I find voodoo to be an interesting subject and it presented it in a more detailed manner than it usually is in movies. 

Ate a massive pile of birthday cake and watched Honey I Shrunk the Kids with the family.

Godzilla vs Kong

CONTAINS SPOILERS! I just finished watching this film on HBO Max a few minutes ago. Overall I liked it. It's probably my favorite of the American Godzilla trilogy. A large part of it has to do with focusing a lot less on the human characters, which have been pretty poorly handled in all of these films. Though I will admit that the the characters here are by far the best of the 3 films, especially Kaylee Hottle as Jia who has an interesting bond with Kong. The real stars of this film of course are Godzilla & Kong, with the main focus being on Kong. Each monster has a unique personality that shows through during the films runtime. The visual design of this film was quite good. As much as I hated the 2014 Godzilla film I have to admit that Gareth Edwards has a keen eye for interesting shots & good cinematography, something that was sorely lacking in Godzilla King of the Monsters save for a few key moments. The biggest aspect about this film that I disliked was just how weird it is, now I've seen every single Godzilla film so far, so I know how bizarre that the classic films got in the past, but considering that this series started off from a fairly grounded standpoint it's so strange to see the hollow earth realm & Mechagodzilla just 3 movies in. Still though if you are looking for a film that has giant monsters duking it out in the middle of a large city & not much else then you are sure to have a lot of fun with this movie.