Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

What does anyone think about the mars volta

The mars volta is a hard Rock band that was regenerate from Texas ,the band is kinda obscure I say I found 2 CDs of the band at a goodwill store called,

Frances the mute

amputechture

Here are 2 music videos

I think it's worth the listen and get on CD planning on getting there other albums too what do you think about this underrated band ?

Good find!   I've listened to them before and should see if I can pick up a CD sometime.

I know where at  least one used to be in Pennsylvania, but it closed and then reopened as a Liberty Thrift.   There there was another thrift store that closed down which I can't remember if it was a Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Just now, haruko haruhara said:

Well you are right in Texas there is alot of Goodwills but no I don't live in Texas 

Ah i see.. for some reason i thought that Goodwill were only found here.

i really like the firs LP they release, De-Loused in the Comatorium (2003–2004)

Awesome atmosphere they create.

Omar is kinda a workahollic, writing his music non stop

And Cedric just come a lot of time later and put lyrics to them.

One may think thats not the best approach for composing, but for it certainly work and the hell it really works as the first album was a big hit and kinda shown that there was a thing like alternative prog. And for some reason, for me it is the sound  of the late nineties, first two thousands years.

I listened to At The Drive-In as a teen, and liked Deloused in the Comatorium when it first came out, but they sort of got lost in the fray for me amidst everything else I was into simply by chance. I'd hardly call them obscure though, there was a time in the 2000s where I couldn't walk two feet without someone mentioning them like they were sharing the secret of the universe, and if it wasn't Mars Volta it was Mastodon. Not a bad band at all though!

Edited by Lippeth

Still got all their albums on ITunes, been putting off getting back into them.  They got some pretty out-there stuff - which I suppose is what happens when you've got a band member literally called 'sound manipulator'.  

Bedlam In Goliath was the one I listened to the most back in the day

2 hours ago, Lippeth said:

I listened to At The Drive-In as a teen

Great band! I'm a big fan of Relationship of Command

The Mars Volta isn't obscure, but its a unique sounding band in the rock/metal genre. I should listen to them more.