Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

I'm not sure what you mean - you can bind multiple keys to the same input, i.e. w and i for forward. Binding multiple actions to one key is not supported.

If you're looking for an advanced version of chocolate, then crispy is the port to use. I don't see much purpose in going backwards and forking chocolate or crispy myself (not to mention obviously developing two ports would be twice the work). If there are specific features you want to see added to crispy, I recommend reaching out to Fabian.

Updated to v0.14.0 (see download in first post)

What's new:

• Fixed a desync in saves / key frames related to blockmap ordering

• Fixed a desync in saves / key frames related to soft-deletion

• Fixed an issue with rewind timing

• Key frames now store the whole demo buffer

• Manual key frames now create backup files (backup-ttt.kf)

• You can now continue recording a demo from a key frame (-record x.lmp -from_key_frame backup.kf -complevel x)

• When recording from a key frame, the restart demo key returns to the original key frame.

@GarrettChanI didn't get to fixing the max total loading issue yet fyi.

5 minutes ago, kraflab said:

You can now continue recording a demo from a key frame (-record x.lmp -from_key_frame backup.kf -complevel x) 

I'm excited for this, can finally record a TAS over multiple sessions! This port just keeps getting better.

10 minutes ago, kraflab said:

I didn't get to fixing the max total loading issue yet fyi.

No problem. Take your time as it doesn't really affect demo recording because no save allowed. Thanks for the hard work as usual.

Updated to v0.15.0 (see download in first post)

More fixes and improvements for TASing.

What's new:

• Fixed a desync in saves / key frames related to a bug in mbf thinker subclasses
  • Fixed a desync in saves / key frames related to the msecnode graph
  • Fixed a bug where the initial wipe could eat frames
  • New option: "wipe at full speed" - causes the wipe animation to always run at 100% game speed (defaults to on)
  • New feature: use "-first_input f s t" to build the first tic for tases, where f = forwardmove, s = sidemove, and t = angleturn.
    • Example: "-first_input 50 50 32" will do a quarter turn left and sr50 forward right.

Key frames feel pretty stable for doom, but are definitely still broken for heretic. Most likely the issue is more prominent in heretic but could still affect doom. I rewound ~15k times in the av max d2all for instance without a desync, and ~1500 times in eviternity map 32 max without a desync. I have run into a crash on loading a keyframe, but it happened once in ~20k keyframes. As always if you're using this feature for recording, I recommend making key frames frequently and checking the sync periodically.

Edited by kraflab

Don't know if it should be here or in Master, need the ability to change game speed in real time while using -solo-net.

2 hours ago, L0l1nd3r said:

Don't know if it should be here or in Master, need the ability to change game speed in real time while using -solo-net.

I guess altering game speed is blocked for "net games" even if it's solo. I'll take a look

Cheats are also disabled in solo-net. If it's just for practice you can kind of work around this by saving a game and loading it without solo-net (it'll restore the things but behave like a single-player game), but that's not going to be much help if you're trying to do a solo-net TAS or something.

If you make a keyframe at the start of a solonet demo and then record from the keyframe, but without using the solonet parameter, does slowdown work while still creating a solonet demo (assuming this is a question about tasing)?

7 hours ago, kraflab said:

If you make a keyframe at the start of a solonet demo and then record from the keyframe, but without using the solonet parameter, does slowdown work while still creating a solonet demo (assuming this is a question about tasing)?

You can slow down, but the gameplay will behave like non solo-net, e.g. weapons disappear on pickup.

A de-sync can occur when resuming with -recordfromto demo0 demo1 -skipsec ## then restoring an auto key frame during playback before joining. After joining, and recording over the de-sync, the demo continues to record without issue.

Another bug that I got to occur once, (maybe not a bug as the timing was real precise,) occurred between an auto-key frame and cuing the rocket launcher after running out of ammo for the plasma rifle. Cue rocket launcher during plasma rifle post fire. Maybe I cued a few tics after an auto-keyframe and the shotgun came out after restoring. I guess what I'm asking is, do key-frames save the weapon cue during the post fire animation after running out of ammo?

8 minutes ago, L0l1nd3r said:

A de-sync can occur when resuming with -recordfromto demo0 demo1 -skipsec ## then restoring an auto key frame during playback before joining. After joining, and recording over the de-sync, the demo continues to record without issue.

Another bug that I got to occur once, (maybe not a bug as the timing was real precise,) occurred between an auto-key frame and cuing the rocket launcher after running out of ammo for the plasma rifle. Cue rocket launcher during plasma rifle post fire. Maybe I cued a few tics after an auto-keyframe and the shotgun came out after restoring. I guess what I'm asking is, do key-frames save the weapon cue during the post fire animation after running out of ammo?

Thanks for the reports, I'll take a look. Which complevel was the weapon swapping issue in? Cuing rules change between complevels, so that might help narrow down the issue.

Also feature requests and changes: A repeating countdown timer for the advanced HUD that times when a damaging floor will do it's damage.

Is it possible to draw Lost Souls as enemies on the auto-map instead of as decoration? If it's shootable it should be drawn as such. I've lost count of how many times I've bumped into one thinking it's decoration.

Projectiles should be drawn as alternating between red and cyan on the auto-map so they really stand out.

2 minutes ago, kraflab said:

Thanks for the reports, I'll take a look. Which complevel was the weapon swapping issue in? Cuing rules change between complevels, so that might help narrow down the issue.

Complevel 11.

5 minutes ago, L0l1nd3r said:

Also feature requests and changes: A repeating countdown timer for the advanced HUD that times when a damaging floor will do it's damage.

Is it possible to draw Lost Souls as enemies on the auto-map instead of as decoration? If it's shootable it should be drawn as such. I've lost count of how many times I've bumped into one thinking it's decoration.

Projectiles should be drawn as alternating between red and cyan on the auto-map so they really stand out.

Floor damage timer sounds like an interesting feature for tas, but there are other things I would prioritize instead - same for the automap changes. Btw, are you aware that the weapon bobbing animation can be used as a timer for floor damage?

1 minute ago, kraflab said:

Floor damage timer sounds like an interesting feature for tas, but there are other things I would prioritize instead - same for the automap changes. Btw, are you aware that the weapon bobbing animation can be used as a timer for floor damage?

Yes, I'm aware of the weapon bobbing. Timed it many times when grabbing a supercharge or megasphere in Okuplok and at only 4 health.

Updated to v0.15.1 (see download in first post)

More general QoL & Fixes.

What's new:

• Fixed split times being off by 1
  • Fixed analysis stats not resetting when hitting the demo restart key (e.g., pacifist tracking)
  • Added "track demo attempts" option. When enabled, displays "Attempt x / y" at the start of a demo, where x is the count for the current session (increases when you use the demo restart feature) and y is the total count (based on the demo filename). Defaults to on.
    • File names now follow this pattern, so the attempt count matches the filename: file.lmp, file-00002.lmp, file-00003.lmp (skip -0 and -1).
  • Added many cheat bindings - you can now activate idclip, iddqd, iddt, etc at the touch of a button
  • Protected more things with strict mode:
    • show alive monsters
    • health bars
    • palettes
    • iddt, idbehold, idmypos

Hi, I´m not sure why, but anytime I try to run Heretic I get this error. I´m using latest version of dsda-doom and Heretic.wad from Steam version.

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-07 134728.png

That means the port didn't detect heretic as the iwad (it's trying to load something from doom). How exactly are you launching it?

Yo, finally checking this out and think I ran into a bug:

The infinite ammo dehacked from nostil.wad is causing weapons to cycle when they're fired, as if they have no ammo. I tested in complevel 9, and the issue isn't occurring in prboom-plus-2.5.1.5.r4526-win32.

I'm looking forward to using the new re-record stuff :D

1 hour ago, LincolnPark96 said:

I select the iwad from the Game list, like this

Hard to know what the problem is exactly, and I don't know much about the launcher. At any rate if you add "-heretic" as a command line option then it will force heretic detection.

Updated to v0.15.2 (see download in first post)

What's new:

• Fixes dehacked infinite ammo.

On 3/7/2021 at 10:57 AM, LincolnPark96 said:

Hi, I´m not sure why, but anytime I try to run Heretic I get this error. I´m using latest version of dsda-doom and Heretic.wad from Steam version.

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-07 134728.png

Cannot replicate with the following command-line arguments:

Searching for 'heretic' in '/home/kyle/doom/iwad'
Results: [/home/kyle/doom/iwad/heretic.wad]

Command line: 
'
/home/kyle/doom/engines/dsda-doom/dsda-doom
    -iwad /home/kyle/doom/iwad/heretic.wad
    -complevel 11
    -vidmode GL
    -geom 2560x1440F
    -skill 4
'

EDIT!!: Getting this error with Hexen though, log attached.

log.zip

Edited by Phytolizer

Thanks for the update... Strict mode disabling IDDT is a weird thing to me. I don't use IDDT to cheat, but usually when I died, I'll use IDDT to see where the monsters are, and sometimes this can give me an idea of better routing... I know I can disable it, but I'm paranoid that I accidentally left something on.

Also, I'm curious why people are obsessives with colored blood...

If you don't want to toggle it at that point, you can always check the demo during playback or with recordfromto.

10 minutes ago, kraflab said:

If you don't want to toggle it at that point, you can always check the demo during playback or with recordfromto.

Thanks. I'll figure something out later as I'm still using 0.10.0 for now.

Updated to v0.16.0 (see download in first post)

What's new:

• Implemented palette swapping
    • The special graphic at the end of heretic e2 now displays correctly
    • New keybinding: cycle palette (for testing / mapping)
      • Starts with PLAYPAL, followed by PLAYPAL1 to PLAYPAL9
  • Miscellaneous
    • Fixed a missing newline in timedemo console output (by Phytolizer)
    • Toggling overlay mode doesn't reset automap position (from pr+)
    • Fixed a segfault in nihility.wad (from pr+)
    • Fixed z coordinate interpolation after teleport (from pr+)

@Grain of Salt fyi

This update involved a lot of rearrangement in the graphics logic, let me know if you run into any strange behaviour