Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hawk of The Crystals

Doomworld Laboratory

[Since i have no originality, i decided to make another role play thread, this time it takes place in a uac research facility. To post, just follow the "rules" of the previous threads.]

Argyzel: Hey there everyone, welcome to the lab, just talk with the project manager and he'll get you set up.

Edited by CrystalHawk_Doom

"Drachir Tallsman, reporting for duty! Sorry to ask, but who is out project manager again?"

He stares back at the android's face, as if to study it.

11 minutes ago, CrystalHawk_Doom said:

"Ah yes i see you requested me." said the project manager.

"Yes. I'm the new software developer here. Where will I be working?" Drachir asked.

"Yes, I remember those. So, I suppose I'm to work on the software implementation of these security features?"

[Oh, i see you've made a roleplay thread, let's hope this one doesn't die out].

"That's excellent to hear! I do have some experience designing software architecture. I expect that there will be some confidentiality around this project."

Drachir seems particularly interested in the topic of confidentiality.

"Well yes, anyone in their right mind would hide this from the public, and even the lower leveled members."

The project manager watches drachir's body language closely, a habit he picked up early in his life.

2 minutes ago, CrystalHawk_Doom said:

"Well yes, anyone in their right mind would hide this from the public, and even the lower leveled members."

The project manager watches drachir's body language closely, a habit he picked up early in his life.

"Well, as I am sure you know from my resume, my previous employer was known for their lack of confidentiality. It ended up being quite harmful when some 'incidents' occured. But I've learned from their mistakes."

Drachir was discussing the FSC (Federal Software Corporation). The results of their own studies on portal technology were released publicly in the name of transparency, only to be used for evil purposes later on.

"Well, let's hope this doesn't go wrong, but considering the fact that we have you on our team, i doubt we will see anything bad." the project manager said.

"I've detected a 100.09 chance of success, we're in good hands." Argyzel replied.

"Above 100? That's quite the level of confidence. I have learned that assuming the best is rarely a good idea. Pessimism has served me well in this industry."

Hey, I can be the security guy. Me and my group of marines are experts in that area. Where do I begin?

Alright then, guys let's go

*we move from here and start our guard*

At least tell me you won't be doing experiments with teleportation, one of the labs got screwed 'cause of that, I wasn't powerful enough to hold it...

That's what they said...

Oh well, I'm wasting our time here. I'll do my duty and we'll meet later

Stasis interrupted. Fire in cryogenic compartment. Repeat, fire in cryogenic compartment.

Wakes up from cryo sleep, tries to speak, but no voice comes out. Looks around, there's a someone underneath, she's dead, a metal pole has pierced her chest. Oh no, that was me, but if I'm dead, how I'm feeling alive? Looks at hands, they're covered in orange hair and instead of fingers, there's paws. Oh no, I'm in my pet cat's body, somehow the cryomodule transferred my consciousness into my pet cat's body.

Pounds the cryomodule hatch with my paws, it's opening, phew. There's fire everywhere. Looks around for a way out, there's an air duct, that's conveniently opened, guess I'll fit in there and make my escape. Crawls around in the air ducts until hearing some human voices. Jumps out of the air duct and lands on someone's shoulder.

Tries to speak: "Meow, meow meoooow! Meow? (There's a fire in the cryogenic compartment! You have to extinguish it! Oh wait, you don't understand cat?)"

"Aww look, it's the office cat! Are you lonely?"

[Drachir kneels down and reaches his hand out toward the cat]

*Hey there, is anybody here right now, im trying to sign up for something?.*