Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

3 hours ago, morse_deal_with_god said:

Slowly getting there.....

Looks great. Looking forward to playing this. Let me know if you need any help deciphering that mod. It's had a lot of hands in it over the years and can be a bit of a mess (which, I admit, I contributed to :P). Keep up the good work.

1 minute ago, GJC said:

More texture/voxel testing...

Oo, this is very neat! I realy love little texture tricks like that! :D

I should make something like this too. I think GIMP has a lighting function that would allow me to do this, right? I could tile a flat (and optionally its bumpmap, for extra goodiness), apply light in its middle, and export it as multiple flats! This makes me feel inspired!

Thanks @Gustavo6046. I was trying the spotlight lighting in Ultimate Doom Builder. Been on Doom Builder 2 for a while now. Yes thanks, it's a project @Silhou3tte. Though I think it will be a while in the making. The whole idea is a good bit further than production. Trying to keep at it, there is more.

It vaguely reminds me of the lighting in some of Unreal's maps.

That's an excelent thing if you ask me!

6 minutes ago, GJC said:

Yes thanks, it's a project @Silhou3tte. Though I think it will be a while in the making. The whole idea is a good bit further than production. Trying to keep at it, there is more.

Looks good so far. Keep it up!

1 hour ago, Doom_Dude said:

1qAsa8w.jpg

It's great to see these before and after posts.  Would it be redundant to have a "Remastered/Before & After" thread since we already have this thread and one other to share DOOM pics?

I'm fixing up/reworking/reimagining some earlier levels in my vanilla MegaWAD since they rather seem amateurish.

Here's MAP02.

Original Version.

Spoiler

DOOM25.png.f94a95f6a3085ce02392aadb63ee1913.png

New Version, Old Starting Spot

Spoiler

DOOM26.png.124753357c74a63ba0d61ee076541161.png

New Version, New Starting Spot (yellow key door leads to the main courtyard area)

Spoiler

DOOM27.png.f9caa9d92004da62908153e979da227f.png

6 hours ago, Mr. LBN said:

It's great to see these before and after posts.  Would it be redundant to have a "Remastered/Before & After" thread since we already have this thread and one other to share DOOM pics?

Thanks. Umm, I'm leaning towards redundant but then again, there's plenty of other threads that are more redundant, so maybe flip a coin.. ;)

12 hours ago, cannonball said:

Just messing around with some Plutonia-esque themes for a personal project. This has been sort of retrofitted from a potential back-up map from another project, hence the computer base theme.

Pluthyp1.png

Alien Ventonia?

8 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

Thanks. Umm, I'm leaning towards redundant but then again, there's plenty of other threads that are more redundant, so maybe flip a coin.. ;)

I'll sit on this thread for a bit.  Maybe in the future I'll create a thread specifically for newer mappers since I really started mapping seriously last year, and in terms of aesthetics I've greatly improved and would like to encourage others.  Kinda like a psychological quirk (Newer mappers see other newer mappers progress from when they started themselves and it motivates or sparks an idea in the viewers head).

1 hour ago, MattFright said:

image.png.d1e56a8b216d6b2581a777de7e87121e.pngimage.png.331e16db302d7a00158a217958c47403.png

You do realize I'm gonna somewhat copy this style when I decide to make a hellish style map correct?

4 hours ago, Mr. LBN said:

You do realize I'm gonna somewhat copy this style when I decide to make a hellish style map correct?

Go right ahead! Spread the flesh corruption as you please, i love maps with this sort of aesthetic :)

14 minutes ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

dhYMqeP.jpg

PPTbq3W.png

ZNZTDB9.png

kK8QKVw.png

Is this Doom 3?

I recognise the Doom 3 textures - I'll be interested to see how this pans out, for as someone who spent almost a decade modding for Doom 3 with limited success, I always found Doom 3's lighting system problematic, especially in the techbase areas.  The main downside of the Doom 3 textures in Classic Doom is that they look rather more plain and "washed out" but the third and fourth screenshots in particular indicates that Remilia's use of coloured lighting may well help address that problem.

2 minutes ago, ENEMY!!! said:

The main downside of the Doom 3 textures in Classic Doom is that they look rather more plain and "washed out"

So basically Quake 3 techbase? Okay.

4 minutes ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

It's Doom 2 using k8vavoom and Doom 3 textures.  I've never made a Doom 3 map.

I know. I was just making a joke.

1288842925_itsjoke.jpg.0ffaf035ccb8a00d024c8b5f7bd3a1c6.jpg

19 minutes ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

It's Doom 2 using k8vavoom and Doom 3 textures.  I've never made a Doom 3 map.

I cannot wait to play this, it looks awesome!!

41 minutes ago, E.M. said:

Is this Doom 3?

Doom 4 we all wanted, but never got. ;-)

What's with all of the gorgeous screenies being posted all at once here? Wow.

21 minutes ago, HEVSoldier_nova said:

Lvl1-1: Highway Holocaust (uses a bit of OTEX and Aquatex, and Textures from Duke 3D and NAM)

This look amazing. I love when people make use of unconventional combinations of textures, helps give their maps so much personality and unique look.

2 hours ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

This looks gorgeous. Anyone who can make maps using D3's textures has my respect because i tried using them a few times and they're so abstract that i always ended up with a headache and anxiety. k8vavoom has some really nice looking lighting too.

19 minutes ago, MattFright said:

This look amazing. I love when people make use of unconventional combinations of textures, helps give their maps so much personality and unique look.

eeey, thanks mate!