Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

The /newstuff Chronicles #116

To Pritch and Ravage:

Sorry bout the coop but as you guessed right away - just not possible with the design, unfortunately. That coulda been really cool but, alas, not in the cards. Same with the midbars - unfortunate but necessary to keep the player from falling into places where he really didn't belong. My personal way of defeating it was to rip right over to the elevator - get the hell out of that room as quickly as possible and deal with the rest of the map. As long as you avoided the majority of the initial attack there was pretty much plenty of health and ammo to go around but that first battle, should you choose to fight it could really screw you up.

Anyway - maybe I'll design a more open map next time but for some reason I always find myself designing these maps with close quarters, lots of dark areas, etc... hehe
What can I say - thats the way I like them.
large open maps to me give you less places to pick and snipe at your targets.

Thanks for playing. Hopefully my next one will be more to your taste.
:-)

Espi said:

BTW I was listening to Tomahawk - Narcosis when I finished it, if someone is wondering why I named it that. :P

Uh, you rule.

Espi, what's the music replacement for Narcosis? It sounds familiar in a way, and I really like it. Is it something you found or did you make it yourself?

It's a short loop I took from one mp3. Look for kotiteollisuus - alussa oli, if you're interested.

Ichor said:

How did you manage to make a midi out of that MP3 anyway?

I'll tell you how in three easy steps.
1. Download a version of zdoom later than 1.22. Any version later than that will do. If you have any version of zdoom where slopes work, you have a version of zdoom that will work.
2. He didn't.
3. Zdoom can use MP3s for music.

Except that it's an .ogg file.

But, I uploaded an sp version of narcosis, and it just seems to have disappeared from incoming, no word about it in rejects either.

I'll try uploading it again, however it can be downloaded from my site for now (actually it's been there since saturday).

Espi said:

But, I uploaded an sp version of narcosis, and it just seems to have disappeared from incoming, no word about it in rejects either.

That happened to me once. The upload must have failed.