Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

ISO a WAD

I've been going back and replaying old WADs and enjoying the fun and memories, but there is one I remember liking a lot but I'm not finding.

• The timeframe is likely 2012 and earlier (and maybe even 2014 and earlier)
  • Most of the WADs I downloaded back then came from the Cacowards.  I've looked through them several times, but I cannot find what I'm looking for.
  • I think it's an island/jungle theme.  
  • I don't remember a lot of tech graphics in it.
  • There is a lot of water in it (ocean, rivers) and you have to get to different parts of the map by walking through the river (but not all parts of the map)
  • I think it opens with you on a beach and you walk down it and find some huts and then a greater civilization (but still mostly/all stone).  Looking through old WADs I had downloaded, I find I might be confusing the WAD I'm looking for with Realm of Cheogsh (which opens on a beach and you move down it to larger structures).  However, the WAD I'm looking for takes place in the daylight and is very bright and RoC is a night time WAD.
  • There are temples and, I think, some canyons (but I might, again, be conflating some different WADs)
  • It's not Temple of the Lizardmen 2 or Vanguard.  It's not an Egyptian theme.

I don't know if this is much to go on, but any help will be much appreciated.

Hi, I'm unable to download "Mek's Box 'o Skies! - v3". I checked the thread, and unfortunately all of the links seem to be dead. I checked the Wayback Machine, and Wad Archive and /idgames w/ no luck...

Thanks for any help! :)

6 hours ago, Azrael said:

ISO a WAD

I've been going back and replaying old WADs and enjoying the fun and memories, but there is one I remember liking a lot but I'm not finding.

• The timeframe is likely 2012 and earlier (and maybe even 2014 and earlier)
  • Most of the WADs I downloaded back then came from the Cacowards.  I've looked through them several times, but I cannot find what I'm looking for.
  • I think it's an island/jungle theme.  
  • I don't remember a lot of tech graphics in it.
  • There is a lot of water in it (ocean, rivers) and you have to get to different parts of the map by walking through the river (but not all parts of the map)
  • I think it opens with you on a beach and you walk down it and find some huts and then a greater civilization (but still mostly/all stone).  Looking through old WADs I had downloaded, I find I might be confusing the WAD I'm looking for with Realm of Cheogsh (which opens on a beach and you move down it to larger structures).  However, the WAD I'm looking for takes place in the daylight and is very bright and RoC is a night time WAD.
  • There are temples and, I think, some canyons (but I might, again, be conflating some different WADs)
  • It's not Temple of the Lizardmen 2 or Vanguard.  It's not an Egyptian theme.

I don't know if this is much to go on, but any help will be much appreciated.

This is from 2017 so it might not be what you are looking for:

9 hours ago, VVL said:

Thanks! For some reason, though, I keep getting a 404 error from that link. Tried multiple browsers and everything: "The requested URL /mekastuff/wads/boxoskies/ was not found on this server."

Is it possible that someone can upload it via a different way? I know its 66 megs and is larger than the 25MB size limit, so I'm not sure how that works.

21 minutes ago, Arrowhead12 said:

Thanks! For some reason, though, I keep getting a 404 error from that link. Tried multiple browsers and everything: "The requested URL /mekastuff/wads/boxoskies/ was not found on this server."

Is it possible that someone can upload it via a different way? I know its 66 megs and is larger than the 25MB size limit, so I'm not sure how that works.

https://file.io/gWocHGs0wQU9 (link expired)

Edited by SP_FACE1

I remember there was this plutiona fan-sequel wad that was an entire megawad, problem was it was just god awful. Like really bad.

1 minute ago, IggySqiggles said:

I remember there was this plutiona fan-sequel wad that was an entire megawad, problem was it was just god awful. Like really bad.

Was it this one?

2 minutes ago, IggySqiggles said:

I think you're looking for Plutonia 3.

EDIT: Dang! Ninja'd! :)

The Best Icon of Sin map thread rekindled a memory of a fight where Romero's head is flying around the perimeter of the map on a scrolling floor that can be temporarily stopped via switch. After that, the details get kinda shaky. It's a medium-large arena with some decently large buildings in there. I'm pretty sure it was also a community project and Boom comp, though this was a few years ago when I still played exclusively with GZDoom and therefore paid little attention to compatibility.

14 hours ago, BMWAG65321 said:

The Best Icon of Sin map thread rekindled a memory of a fight where Romero's head is flying around the perimeter of the map on a scrolling floor that can be temporarily stopped via switch. After that, the details get kinda shaky. It's a medium-large arena with some decently large buildings in there. I'm pretty sure it was also a community project and Boom comp, though this was a few years ago when I still played exclusively with GZDoom and therefore paid little attention to compatibility.

That sounds vaguely like a map from one of the Abyssal Speedmapping Session compilations (which were Boom compatible). ASS 30 had a Romero Head theme, but I don't think it was that one. For whatever reason, if it's the map I'm thinking of, I think it was somewhere in the mid- to late 30's or early 40's (those were released in 2018).

Not sure if it's the requested map but I was able to find the one based on Pegleg's info:

abyspe38 MAP20

The map doesn't seem to actually work in the intended Boom compatibility. I had to use GZDoom, otherwise the Romero's head was stuck.

9 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Not sure if it's the requested map but I was able to find the one based on Pegleg's info:

abyspe38 MAP20

The map doesn't seem to actually work in the intended Boom compatibility. I had to use GZDoom, otherwise the Romero's head was stuck.

That's it! I had melded MAP19 and 20 together over time, it seems. Plus, MAP17: When Push comes to Shove, is something I'd remembered several times since. Fighting in a voodoo doll labyrinth is a really interesting gimmick.

I'm looking for a pair of maps, but maybe they are some false memory... Anyway, the maps I'm looking for are:

• A map titled "kindergarten" or it have something to do with that word, i tried to look it at idgames but I found nothing, but I remember to have found it on idgames!
  • Another map(set?) that i recall it was for skulltag and for Deathmatch, i recall some sprites with cheering marines and one marine in particular doing the air guitar, that's the most vivid memory of this map. I kinda recall the cheering crowd been locked into a small stage, arena itself was some kind of tech base with a orange sky (maybe the one from UD?)...

A few years ago I hinted at this while doing my Vick Bobkov homework but found the smoking gun while poking around old review sites. I am looking for Virgil the DOOM Poet's AfterDoom, which @Lüt reviewed for Team Insanity. This is the review in question and the PWAD apparently required two .zips, both named at the top of the page: adm1.zip and adm2.zip.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:04 AM, Walter confetti said:

I'm looking for a pair of maps, but maybe they are some false memory... Anyway, the maps I'm looking for are:

• A map titled "kindergarten" or it have something to do with that word, i tried to look it at idgames but I found nothing, but I remember to have found it on idgames!
  • Another map(set?) that i recall it was for skulltag and for Deathmatch, i recall some sprites with cheering marines and one marine in particular doing the air guitar, that's the most vivid memory of this map. I kinda recall the cheering crowd been locked into a small stage, arena itself was some kind of tech base with a orange sky (maybe the one from UD?)...

That second map almost sounds like something from the “Dodgeball” mod that existed in late Skulltag/early Zand era, I believe CaptainToenail was heavily involved with it.. I’ll look around and see.

On 1/18/2021 at 12:00 PM, PeterMoro said:

Looking for the wad from the 90's that has the soundbyte "Season's over asshole" (from the movie "Cliffhanger") when you die. Can't remember if it was a multiplayer map, but i don't think it was. 

Thank you!

I know this is 2 months late, but in case no one has told you, the older DWANGO wads fit this bill (not at home so I can’t check which ones, but I’m thinking 1-3..)

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I know this is 2 months late, but in case no one has told you, the older DWANGO wads fit this bill (not at home so I can’t check which ones, but I’m thinking 1-3..)

Thanks @Doomkid! I'll check them out : )

(edit: Found it!!!!! 1dwangol.wad map06) 

Edited by PeterMoro

Trying to remember a wad where monsters had rarities, with blue/green being some of the lowest and black and white being the hardest and most rare. Could someone help?

37 minutes ago, deltaDude said:

Trying to remember a wad where monsters had rarities, with blue/green being some of the lowest and black and white being the hardest and most rare. Could someone help?

Colorful Hell?

3 hours ago, deltaDude said:

i think i played something like that before but i cant remenber any names

you sure it is a wad and not a gameplay mod?

On 3/12/2021 at 7:47 AM, deltaDude said:

Spoiler

Is it this by any chance?

Edit: Beat me to it haha

Well while I'm here

I remember a wad that included a level with a short Beavis & Butthead clip in a cinema.

Any ideas on what it is?