Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

@tuturbo1991 your avatar looks frustratingly familiar, I’m sure I’ve seen you somewhere else in the internets

...You don’t play Drawception, do you?

28 minutes ago, StupidBunny said:

You don’t play Drawception, do you?

No, I don't (I've played Gartic many times since the pandemic started, tho)

5 hours ago, tuturbo1991 said:

No, I don't (I've played Gartic many times since the pandemic started, tho)

:( damn I was so sure. Well it’s a cool drawing style/profile pic either way tho

On 3/2/2021 at 8:53 AM, Devalaous said:

I like kitsunes, I like cute girls. Both together is good. 

perfect tbh

I wanted to make an Interpic for "Boggy Region" so I took and modified a screenshot from its early map13

So the avatar is derived from this interpic

Since I changed my profile picture recently, here's where it came from:

unknown.png

It's from Digital Devil Saga 2, I find it really funny how some Jack Frosts can say stuff like this with a big smile of their faces. Usually these guys are very friendly in every SMT game (except SMT 1 and 2 for some reason) so this was a bit of a surprise.

just model A from megaman zx advent 

the game used to be my favorite game some years ago though that spotlight was claimed by doom

ok so there's these four kids and they play a game, right...

Richard Stallman is a programmer and activist known for popularizing the idea of "free software," as in freedom, and starting the GNU Operating System project, which is a predecessor to today's GNU/Linux.

In Freedoom: Phase 2, John Romero's head is replaced by Richard Stallman's head, since Freedoom is free/libre, and my profile picture is the sprite that is used.

Its a logo for The Sisters of Mercy, one of my favourite bands. The image of the head originates from a piece in Gray's Anatomy textbook.

Mine is a crop of the title image that I put up for Phoenix Doom on github:

image.png.0dc82727f3b3017c4a01be7998d1bf03.png

That image was a tongue in cheek homage to those ridiculous looking FMV stills which surfaced for 3DO Doom:
https://www.gamesradar.com/doom-fmv-photos-are-terrifying-just-not-good-way/

It was composed of an in-game render of Mt. Erebus from Phoenix Doom, the aforementioned FMV images and some pictures I had lying around from a year or more earlier. The pictures were taken in work for a bit of fun after Tom Hall brought in the original Doom chainsaw and setup a green-screen/curtain of sorts to mess around with. Here are some of those images:

Spoiler

4.jpg.a97b9437fd9d6d30ac2306f70a098038.jpg3.jpg.7fa4fefdffe2f87c0b2827c282d1d042.jpg2.jpg.96de125df85d96a30983385437c90575.jpg1.jpg.e77fb3db741e758448d181cf35f20991.jpg

I had the joy of watching the Big Lebowski at university and I was also the captain of the university bowling team. So given I joined here around that time I guess that is how the avatar stuck.

Also the Dude could clearly relate to Doomguy. I mean someone peeing on your rug is similar to someone killing your pet bunny... right???

On 3/9/2021 at 6:46 PM, VisionThing said:

Its a logo for The Sisters of Mercy, one of my favourite bands.

Obligatory Scythe 2 music

pic of me after I spilled my chili nachos all over myself at a Christian camping event.

Screenshot (12).jpg

Before even doom, Ninja Gaiden was one of the first games I really got into. My avatar is the main villain of the first game. I thought he had a cool design, and his name is sort of similar to mine, so I picked him for my avatar.

I don't know what you mean by an avatar, but if it is about profile pics, then here is my story. The first avatar that I have used was me screwing around with Pixel Art, and I decided to use it as my little semi-OC. My current one is the result of me finding an image from the Good Faces Twitter Account, then screwing around with it on Polish, which is a free-to-use photo editor.

Grumpy bear, hates mornings, just wants breakfast, doesn't want to be bothered with random things...yep